My father is 89 and in the hospital from a heart attack. My mother needs help probably live in help. She has very limited eye sight I don"t know how to get money to pay bills and so on. I don"t know how to get started.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
If there is no Power Of Attorney drawn up, this will be hard. Try to get your mother to give you Power Of Attorney asap. Then you can manage their financial affairs - write checks, etc. Hopefully, your dad will come out of this and then both need to do all the legal work possible to make it easier. A Power of Attorney for both of them, a health directive and will should be done by an estate attorney.

Good luck. Get your mom going so she knows you can help her. Tell her you need this done so she isn't left without ways to pay her bills.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter