Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I have dreams of my dad too. You’re right. It is almost like a visit with them. I used to get sad about dreaming of him because he was gone. Now, I like those dreams.
(0)

Not sure about my mom, she is still living....however, I do very much believe in the spirit world and I will share two of my experiences. When my daughter, who is active duty Army, was deployed to Afghanistan; on Christmas day(the first time in my life I had been totally alone on a holiday) we were FaceTiming and I heard a loud explosion, saw chunks of concrete go flying and dust, and her laptop went sideways, I heard the dreaded” mom I gotta go” I knew they were being mortared....it was scary, but I knew she would be ok because that is the belief I held in my heart.....however, as the day wore on I worked myself into a state of hysteria.....lo and behold, my dad appeared before me, just his face and his weathered hands, and said, “why are you crying and carrying on, you know your baby girl is gonna be ok”, then just as quickly he was gone.....and I knew right then and there, he KNEW she would be alright, so I calmed down.....
And same thing happened during her second deployment in bagram as well....people who do not have military family members who have been in combat situations just don’t understand what a mom, dad, sister, brother, etc go through when their loved one is deployed......so for those who, for whatever reason, dont believe that our family members who loved us who have crossed over aren’t there watching over us, I beg to differ.....think of it this way......our parents, grandparents who watched over us when they were in this physical world, what makes you think they wouldn’t do the same from the other side???? Of course they do......but I also know a person needs to be “open” to experience this.....
growing up we were taught that “spirits” were of the devil, blah blah blah.....I no longer follow the patriarchy of that “ religion”, I found my true path to enlightenment.....so yes, I have had experiences with several family members who have crossed over, and I have ALWAYS needed to hear the message they delivered.....and I get little reminders every now and then, a tiny feather on my pillow, a certain smell, a physical touch on my shoulder or cheek, I know they are there, watching over me......and I am thankful for the experiences I have had....
These are just a couple of my personal experiences that I wanted to share....we have to walk this path called life, we experience love, loss of our beloved spouse and other family and sometimes we wonder how we can keep going.....for me, just knowing I can reach out and feel the person around me, knowing they are watching over me, makes this path a little more pleasant each day, even in times of deepest despair.
I pray for all caregivers each day, only y’all know your struggles...but just know there are others like you who are walking this path right beside you....
blessings to all.....Liz
(1)

Gershun and hazelthebunny——you both received a precious validation from your loved one, each in their own way....hope that will give you peace in your hearts to know they are there still, watching over you....Liz
(2)

Cherokee,

That’s fascinating! We all experience things that are unexplainable in a natural sense. I believe in the supernatural.

I believe your dad was allowed to be a messenger. What a blessing to have peace in a time of turmoil.

My nephew has been in the Middle East five times. Thank God he’s retired now. I used to send care packages to his troop. I pray for all the soldiers all the time.
(1)

The dead have no business being in the lives of the living. When you imagine these things just tell her to f*clk off and stay away.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter