Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
well done, Shannon...relax and "enjoy" that post-adrenaline letdown if you can. When I have one of those crises, performances, or other unexpceted challenges and it's over, I defintiely get that "limp dishrag" feeling too.

I thought it would be OK, and very glad to hear it was OK after all!!
(4)

Another reasonable nights sleep!! So I was a bit worried for mom yesterday, then at around 11 pm the night staff put up pictures of her on their Facebook page...and while she looked a little stunned and disoriented she was doing fine and socializing, so all is well in her world.

I won't go and see her till Saturday and will take down a few decorative things for her and see how she is doing.

My youngest really wants to come with me but I'm not sure if it would be good to bring her this time or wait a week...sigh.

At any rate still informing family members of the situation so many hours on the phone etc...but I'm feeling a bit better...still kinda have a nervous stomach and things...but I suppose that is to be expected.

I really don't feel bad about it, it's more all the realizations and emotional letting go etc at this point...also needing to catch up and get my business back in shape...instead of just in a holding pattern.

The kids have been out of their rooms and interacting with us WAY more just in the past couple of days!! I had no idea it was really because mom was here, but now I see it...sigh.

Thank You ALL again for the moral support...has really made this part of the journey easier to navigate through.

Of course...it isn't over and it might not be for many years...I don't know...but it is in a place now where we can deal with it more from a distance and that is a good thing.
(4)

Shannon; you've done your mom and your family a great service. My mom has been in NH for about 8 months now; she scored a 15/15 on her mini mental assessment the other day! She's thriving! Good food, good nursing, good therapy; they all add up to a healthier and more stable person. Not to mention your improved sleep and relationship with your kids! All the best.
(2)

yes...I suspect mom will in some manner rally a bit and become more responsive and such with more stimulation and in a place where people are like her...and respected.

I realize that I am defiantly not the right person for that...I have to much past with her, even though I know she is different now and isn't even close to the same person she was due to the dementia ... it's hard to separate it.

I'm so glad we were able to get her into this group of nursing homes...they share our philosophy of care and do it way better then us!

:)
(4)

Well done, Shannon. Even if your mum states she is not happy there, she and all of your family are much better off. Distancing is a good thing when there is a long history of mental illness. Put your family and yourself first, work on not worrying about your mum. Some people are is unhappy, complaining and paranoid where ever they are. She is safe and cared for. Now you are safe too.
(3)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter