Follow

I was just on Facebook where an age 60+ cousin, a kindred soul in numerous ways and one who was the one who cared for her elder parents in spite of having other siblings including one who was very comfortable financially, posted about losing her aunt who would have been 105 next month, the last of her father's siblings. She thanked other relatives for being there, driving etc etc. She used to live in CA and moved back 1-2 years ago to MI. We're in OH and her Uncle I believe is the last uncle relative on her mother's side at 102. And I just SO felt like saying people would appreciate all your efforts more while they are still alive and can be visited!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
So, was her page strictly a ‘memorial’ type page to honor her deceased relatives?

Are you saying she was praising relatives that were rarely seen by their relatives?

Happens all the time, doesn’t it? For various reasons. It’s sad all the way around.
(1)

No, it was just a post on her own page to acknowledge the loss and express appreciation to the other relatives who picked her up to get to the services etc. I have no idea how often she or the others saw/visited the person who passed. I do know she has mentioned wanting to come visit her uncle (my dad) and never got around to it yet; when we celebrated his 100th (2+ years ago) she had another family special event for a niece I believe and was part of the event so went there with promises to visit at some point that has yet to happen. But yeah, you're right.
(1)

Love it. Instead of advent we could have add vent.
(4)

Alva...that is amazing add a vent! I think I will contact Workman Publishing to see if they'll nibble...they're the ones who do the dog a day and cat a day...
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter