Follow

For me, it’s cardinal birds. They were my mother in law’s favorite bird. I always think of her when I see one.

Some people even think their loved one is visiting if they see cardinals or find a penny, see a butterfly, etc.

Special relationships never die.

Please share your story...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
You know what’s interesting too? Certain cultures won’t even kill a fly buzzing around them because they feel it may be one of their ancestors.

If anyone in my family is a reincarnated fly I guess they are out of luck with me because I smack them! What is the lifespan of a fly anyway?

Hope I haven’t offended anyone. I truly am respectful of all faiths.
(0)

It’s funny that you mentioned cardinals. After my daughter’s paternal grandparents passed, every where she went cardinals would approach her. Even now when we go somewhere together, cardinals fly down and perch near her and just chirp like they’re trying to tell her something. It’s really the neatest thing and it always makes her smile.

I love this topic and hope more people comment!
(2)

Canoe,

Cardinals are beautiful. I love them.
(1)

There is a local singer here that says she sees pennies all the time since her father died. She now makes jewelry made from the pennies. She sells bracelets and necklaces from the pennies. Kind of neat.
(2)

For me, Blue Jays.
When my mom died in 2013 my brother planted that idea in my head that my mom was visiting as a Blue Jay and then I began to see a Blue Jay or two around my yard. My brother even placed a little Blue Jay statuette on her headstone.

Well, that brother died in June and don’t you know now I have 2 Bluejays that visit my yard pretty often. I hear their distinct song and my ears get perked up. Sure enough the 2 bluejays are visiting. They come and as quickly they are gone.

Thats my mom & brother watching over me.

Also my mom died at 3am. I went outside to pray and there was a beautiful Full Moon. To this day I call a full moon “mommy’s moon”- only to myself, of course.

Nice topic, NHWM. Warm & fuzzy memories.
(1)

My mom loved roses, and roses or rose themed things remind me of her.

I have had a couple of dreams since she passed where she and I were either spending the day or traveling together, just walking around or sightseeing and talking. Mom was like her younger self, when she was more healthy physically and mentally and used to like to travel. I don't remember where we were in the dreams or what was said, but I remember feeling happy when I woke up, like I had just had a good visit with her. Maybe it's her letting me know she is okay and happy now.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter