Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Countrymouse, I misread the post. I thought she licked the peanut butter off the spoon when she dropped it. Sorry Ilihelp!!
(2)

No no no, you are not to worry.

Raymond Briggs called this phenomenon "the cussedness of inanimate objects."

That spoon made its own way to the floor. Probably thinking "this'll be a laugh! She'll think she dropped me and was too tired and abstracted to notice tee hee hee..."

You will have put it down on something *to* pick something else up, a glass of water or your book, whatever, and it slipped (read: jumped).

I have just spent two hours rearranging my microscopic living room so that my computer is away from the window.

The *%!¡^∞§•¢#!! sofa is too long for the other wall. And too high, as well - it sticks up over the windowsill.

Had to put everything back, didn't I. I swear I can hear every single item of furniture sniggering under its breath.

Truth is, we are so distracted by this extraordinary time in our lives that we are not paying as much attention even as usual (and we don't pay a lot at the best of times) to our everyday surroundings.

You are not demented. And you are not being possessed by any metaphysical forces, either. You are just bothered.

Earlybird... why, would you have rinsed your mouth out? Lilhelp ate some peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon. [You notice I don't pass comment on that, hem-hem] Then, instead of putting the spoon in the dishwasher, she absent-mindedly put it down somewhere and lo and behold next morning there it was on the floor.

If she'd picked a spoon up from the floor, licked it, and THEN tucked in to the peanut butter... THEN I might be wondering.
(10)

Misread post, sorry lilhelp . Take care and stay healthy and safe!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter