Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Sorry, read the wrong previous post.

I just read your first post. In my opinion since Dad needs 24/7 care is to allow your sisters to place him. Als are not prisons. Your Dad may find that he likes the socialization and the activities. You cab't continue to go on this way. Keep ur job you need the earnings so you can have a nice SS check.

You can't hire a caregiver, thats Dads or his POAs job. Tell your sister you are burnt out. After working f/t and then Dad is noe a f/t job, you just can't do it anymore. Just know that it now leaves the POA sister to make whatever decision she feels is best for Dad. That you will need to step back and allow her to do her job. Tell her u will need time to find a place to live. That gives your sister time to find Dad a place. He can no longer remain in his home.

So my answer, move out.
(0)

What's changed from your posts from August?

Are you still working? Is there a caregiver for your father while you are working?
(1)

I going to guess that your siblings think you are living off the largess of your father and nobody gives you credit for all that you do, including dear old dad. My vote is move out - unless he is mentally incompetent he can choose to hire care, move to an AL or do without, it's not your problem to solve.
(0)

We need a lot more information! Come back and fill in the blanks and you will get a lot of great advice.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter