Follow

I waited about 20 minutes out in my car (in the sun) for the agent to join me. So I had to hang my mask on my ear until she arrived. As she opened my car door she shouted "PUT YOUR MASK ON!" Next she ordered me to "close the windows!" The next thing she did was a real timewaster. Agent tried to get the air conditioning to work. I hadn't used it since this was the first hot day of the year. She spent 10-15 minutes trying to get the AC going. In the process she actually turned it off. So I tried to help her. This woman was furious and I couldn't help thinking that she needed anger management. I had a feeling that I was being set up to be the one she fails. Let's call her "S". She turned the fan on up high and the noise was unbearable! But the AC didn't work for her. Again she was angry. This woman had a short fuse and was out to deliberately upset me. I kept quiet and started to mentally take notes of her unprofessional behavior .Finally it was time to drive. I was in a lane that was perpendicular to a stop sign. I noticed there was no stop line and no crosswalk. The stop sign was actually turned toward another lane that crossed mine. "Turn left" she said and I knew because I was in a Subaru ---- the car could not stop "before" the stop sign in making that turn. Impossible. I would have had to be driving a golf cart or better yet a tricycle. "S" let me know how disgusted she was and made her little anger sounds that definitely let me know I did something wrong. She ended up making marks on her paper to scare me some more.

Another problem with "S" was (1) she was wearing a mask and (2) she had an accent. As we got close to Gartner Street I heard her mumble something (her voice was lower) but I really didn't hear what she said and I think she deliberately lowered her voice.

Evidently she had wanted me to turn right at Gartner but she didn't project her voice well at all and her timing was off. So I kept driving up the hill instead as she made more complaints and did a lot more marking on her paper.

So I drove back to the DMV and she didn't stay in the car when I pulled up--she was angry again with me. She leaped out of my car, said nothing, and ran toward her little office. I could hardly keep up with her because of my left knee and she could have cared less. She refused to talk to me and gave me my driver's license back without saying a word.Then she took off in the back room."S" deliberately sabotaged my road test. She was the worst road test agent I have ever had in my life. I would call her behavior abusive. I hope my letter will help some other poor person who might not have the confidence I have with good driving. "S" wasted 2 hours of my time that I spent at Naperville DMV and I am very upset about that. Seniors try to hold onto their drivers license because it allows them freedom.

That way we don't have to rely on other people to drive us.

"S" did not have any reason to fail me. I had plenty to fail her.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Most certainly get her name and put in a serious complaint with not only her immediate supervisor but also with the state.
I don't know how far you want to take it, but you could get her fired or at least forced to apologize to you before witnesses if you keep at it.
(1)

Yes, she was very unprofessional. Your in your own car for starters she could have asked you politely to please put on your mask. Same with rolling up the windows. She should have touched nothing on your car. She should have asked if you could put on the ac. I hear very well but cannot understand anyone wearing a mask. Its like, mumble, mumble, mumble. You have grounds for a complaint.
(1)

What a terrible experience.
(1)

She sounds awful. I would not return there for your next test. Go somewhere else. I am sorry you had to go through this. This is a good warning to others. If someone enters and behaves this angrily over air conditioning it is a good message to go no further with them. Ask for another examiner or plead instant stomach cramping and come another time. I really wish you good luck, hope you'll let us know when you pass. Can you tell us why you had to undergo the driving test itself? Is that the rule where you are?
Thanks for giving us the details. It's appreciated.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter