Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
6 7 8 9 10
Yes we do.... I have lost two clients this past year... I am up to my neck in grief and thank God I have caregiver friends that we all email.... or I would burst into flames on some days.... families do not understand the very fine line we walk everyday.... the mixed messages we receive... the blame and having to watch another family's dynamics, that sometimes trigger our own lives..... I love what I do..... or I wouldn't be doing it.... but other than in emails, I really don't feel that most, besides another private caregiver, really understands how attached we get to our folks.....that we are very invested.... and that some days we have to wear many 'hats' and try to remain professional..... extra stress that they don't understand.... not taking one thing from the hundreds and hundreds on this site that have no help at all..... and no money for some respite..... don't know about you... but I have thought if I ever had enough money, I would travel around and give some of these awesome people some respite... for free.....but I am struggling in many ways as they are..... but my heart is with them always..... so, like we said, lets see where this goes.... we may have to start our own site, because I have been here a long time, I have great friends here, and would never want to hurt them by saying things they might not take the right way..... guess if it's meant to be, we will find a way.....
(2)

As a care giver to a family member I think I would find Y'alls point of view interesting. I bet a lot of us would gain insight as to what we take too personally, and what is just natural behavior from the disease.Try it. I'll visit. I am even considering continuing care giving ,as a profession, when Mom no longer needs me.
(4)

Thanks for responding, was hoping I'd get positive feed back. It's just as hard for us when we get emotionally connected with our clients. I feel we feel a lot of the feelings family caregivers feel, but not as accepted cause we go home everyday. But let's see where this goes! Advice, support, venting! Even us need support!
(2)

I am a private caregiver and know there are a few on this site.... It would be a good idea... I have another lady here who is private also and we email.... I am always concerned how we might sound to others who never get a break, are struggling financially , and have no help at all... it would be great if we had a site dedicated to paid caregivers..... something for us to think about maybe.... But I do understand the need to have someone who understands, to talk to... I have been on this site many years.... paid caregivers were not readily accepted back then.... but I came on and said I had as much right as any one else to have a place to go..... but I have learned that what others share, and my sharing the same thing, is interpreted differently..... so I don't usually share too much of what is really going on with me...

Let's see how many respond to this and who is interested.... we might be able to figure something out to have our own support group...... sharing info to help us do our jobs better, and to have a place to come and vent our own frustrations.

If this doesn't take root, maybe we can exchange email addys.... let me know... thanks for the great suggestion....
(3)

6 7 8 9 10
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter