Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
LOLOLOL Sodone !!!!!!
(1)

Trying to block the Imp Poltergeist address just results in more demons getting into the computer, except now they're invisible demons. The internet is all about demons. And LOL cats, which are witches' familiars in the guise of adorable kittenz. So yeah, basically all demons, all the time.
(6)

Oh, JessieBelle, bless your heart for trying to be helpful, but everybody knows the IP in IP address stands for "imp poltergeist." That's now the demons get in.
(4)

I love this site.It's just when using your computer just beware.Remember just recently several of us had what I call a Nigerian come on posted as a pm on our walls. I found it hilarious it was so outrageous but that's me.However, there are also a lot of emotionally vulnerable people on this site and I feel protective of them, me being one of them. I think the site admin was contacted immediately by several of us and it was removed.As always use common sense and if you are suspicious of something contact the site admin and also send a shoutout to the other members on here. Try to take care of each other.
(5)

BTW, when you search for something, companies log your IP address and add you to their list. Google also does this. It is the beauty of using a Do Not Track program. It keeps your IP address private.
(4)

Looks like our bigtime stockbroker turned into a systems analyst with a huge computer firm. What will we do when she is gone? I always enjoy the humor. She even had me wondering if the Rapture was going to start Jun 30.

BTW, Bitdefender, McAfee, and Norton all make good computer exorcist programs. Microsoft also has an exorcist that people can use for free to get the demons out. People who are out in the internet wilderness without the full armor of a good viral/malware program are just asking for the type of problems described.
(7)

All I can say is I'm real and the dog in my avatar, Ashley, an old black lab who came from rescue last year, is real too. In fact she's laying by me as I type, farting up a storm. Dog farts are lethal lol

Anywhere on the internet, if you click on something under lined or in light blue type it will take you there, be it an ad or another site so be careful where you click.
(6)

assandache7, I agree it is sad to have spammers here, well, anywhere. You never know whos being honest. For me, I haven't realized any spammers on here ( haven't been on as long as most of you) and I am probably "missing" the signs of one anyways. You have a good point.
(1)

shakingdustoff, I started getting lots of popup ads on here, which was weird because that had never happened before. Just beefed up 'Adblock' and did a sweep of Malware etc. and it's back to normal. No prob.
(4)

I visit this site on my smart phone and never have any of the problems pop up that have been mentioned. Add me to the list of people who will be glad to no longer hear from Dusty. What a crackpot. What's sad however is that she will go on being an expert in all issues in life, computers, stocks, religion, research, legal matters and of course caregiving. Perhaps we should all send out good vibes through the universe for those who have her in their life. Amen.
(8)

This site has grown in an unbelievable way !!! In order to keep us up and running, there has to be advertisements..... I personally have not had this experience.... but possibly it leads you to a product you have asked about or may need.... don't know... as I said.... people have no idea how many people are on this site.... and it takes money to keep us here, safe, informed, and able to talk with others with similar experiences..... There are a lot of new things on AC that wasn't here when I first came here..... I can access a lot more information without having to search the internet for hours....so I say HOORAY to Admin for keeping us up and running... we have no idea how hard they work to keep this site going.... and they do not owe us an explanation..... take what you need and leave the rest... simple...
(4)

This site is a godsend for caregivers. Yes, you get the trollers, looneys and fakers, but you soon learn to spot them. Concentrate on the posters who support and help you with your situations. What I am curious about this site is why some of the words in the postings are being underlined and when clicking the underlined words and ad pops up and opens a tab that takes you to that advertisement!!!!! This is something new.
(6)

I recently was in the market for a brass floor lamp. I shopped around online, checked out various places that sold lamps, and then moved on to other things. The next day, guess what happened?

An ad for brass lamps appeared on my laptop, as if summoned from the deepest pits of hell by lamp demons!

The same thing happened when my husband was researching electric cars online. Ads for electric cars came up. Demonic ads. They wouldn't stop coming, no matter how much incense we burned or how much holy water we scattered about.

Of course we summoned an exorcist right away, because we didn't want demons possessing our computers. The exorcist came highly recommended, and he even looked a little bit like the actor who played Father Damien in the movie "The Exorcist," but even he couldn't help us. The demons had taken control.

The only way to stay out of the clutches of the demons that are possessing this site is NOT TO GO TO THIS SITE!
(7)

Dusty I have no problem with ads!! As LadeeM said without ads this wonderful site would not exist..

Just give it a break!! Leave already!! You can find your answers somewhere else. Stop threatening me, I don't care if you leave. I have enough whining to deal with on a daily basis..

Now look at that! You have made me disappointed again and I have resorted to saying something not supportive.. But I refuse to apologize..

I personnelly have found AC to be very helpful and comforting. If I didn't I wouldn't waste my precious time on here..
(8)

dusty, I for one, will be happy when you leave our site.. never in all my years on this site have I read such crap coming from one person..... if it is 'demon infested' , it wasn't that way until you started posting.....if you are so disturbed by the ads which are necessary to keep us up and running... why wait..... get off now...... I can't speak for assa, but to me, you are who she was talking about.....you take up space for people who need and appreciate this site and in no way feel the way you do.... why don 't you 'research' malcontent...... or even the term 'bully'..... I'll be glad when you are gone..... that is silly to wait another week .... just another thing you rattle on about that makes no sense....
(16)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter