Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Thanks bookluvr......I do feel her knowing me at time. Last weekpulled me close and hugged me, that was a first in a very long time. I hate that "eye set'
(0)

Cap'n, that is cool and oh so gross in the same thought process?

Sheila, do you think it is really possible they can access us through our built in camera's? I know they've got their phishing techniques down to a science yet someone was telling me the other day they can also "peek" through our lenses?

Sorry... I would never ever visit an Obama website. Ever. He doesn't need a kill switch, he has his mighty pen. SORRY... jmo
(0)

Callie, that journal is very precious. I know you will treasure it. And it must be so nice to have something like - written just for you. Yes, a very precious gift. Just remember this - based on my mom's 23 years of dementia - that there are Rare moments when her Real Cognitive self peeks out. I truly believe that although she was unresponsive, sometimes, when dad and I would be arguing, a tear would fall down from her eye. So, although your mom like 99.9% don't remember you, the old self does peep out - sometimes you just don't know it... because their facial expression is neutral. But sometimes, when I looked into my mom's eyes, I see alertness - not a vague faraway look. She may not move her eyes - but it is alert. So, know that she is aware of what you're doing for her. {{Hugs}}
(4)

Those sites with all the bells and whistles... another way of forcing people to upgrade computer systems again in order to keep up with the internet. JeanetteB you don't have to visit a website to get spam, the "bots" use key words through tracking...The government is also doing this and is trying to force a "kill switch" bill supposed to be in an emergency but it is also tracking usages, also with cell phones and plastic cards... I like targeted ads as well but spam is spam is a phishing scam, don't delete it, mark it so that it is reported and save your personal information...
(0)

my aunt has the ww 11 rationing booklets that were issued to her family . im not interested in having them cause i dont collect things but they are pretty cool ..
nearly a year ago i cut her toenails with the same antique clippers that she cut mine with 50 yrs ago .
aunt is likely to die from dementia too as my mom did last aug .
(2)

When I joined this site, it was because I was referred here by a hospice social worker. She knew I was at my wits end. Only child, just lost my Dad, left my home and family to move in with my demented Mom and one month later.....Mom stroked. She is now bedridden, only a few words spoken are understandable. I needed people to talk to & I needed to vent & I needed others to listen. I didn't even have time to grieve over my Dad. Everything happened so quickly and when they sent my Mom home from the hospital with hospice, I never felt so alone in my life.
Yes, I take care of my Mom. Yes, I believe in God. Yes, I am a real person and my situation is very real. Actually I wish it wasn't.

I've had very caring people post to me. There isn't any answers that can help......but I sure have been lifted up by some & even given hugs. Those "cyber hugs" mean a lot.

I am watching my Mom die......she is slowly declining. I admire her for being such a fighter. I hope I am as strong as she is when this is all said and done.

I mostly read here because I see so much hurt in some but they are strong willed enough to tough it out....That is what I'm trying to do. BE TOUGH.....BE STRONG......but we all know it just doesn't work out that way some days.
Dementia took my Mom a long time ago.......this stroke has laid her down. I feed her, I give her drinks with a syringe and I change her......I hold her in my arms and give her kisses. Her blue eyes still sparkle when she smiles. She doesn't know me, but she feels safe with me.

The other day I was cleaning & I found a journal made out to ME~yes, ME! It was dated 2006. Mom was writing about her life as a child in the depression, then when & how she met my Dad, when I was born, when my son was born and then her great grandkids. It was the best present ever! The last page was beginning to repeat and her handwriting was changing.......DAM N DEMENTIA~

Thank you for listening to me. I appreciate all of you and I appreciate all you are going thru. Life is just not fair sometimes.
(9)

i just knocked google search in the head over their spinning , sproinging doodles, freq .
how demeaning . its as bad as that hor in charge of yahoo mail calling us her anti spam hero every time we delete spam mail . fortunately that didnt last long .
(0)

Knock on wood, I haven't received any spam ads from the Aging Care website.

Also, regarding advertisements here, none of the ads are trying to get your attention by spinning, jumping, twirling around.... and popping up in the middle of the page like I find that happening on so many newspaper websites. OMG those are so annoying, I feel like I need Dramamine in order to view the website.
(3)

i see jeanette . im on one dating site but on there ive learned that the size of ones wallet is more important than the size of their penis . no offense to women in general , theres just always dishonest people of either gender .
(0)

Yes, I know, I'm a PIT A.

Just read sodonewith whatever's bio.... really?
(0)

Wow.... most "spam" email comes from websites visited.... ahem, C'apn?

Sarcasm or not, it was not even remotely funny. Least not to me.
(0)

Captain I don't know what mail service you use, but these type of spam ads in your email is usually phishing scams and in your email tool bar you should have a button to mark them as such then your email provider will automatically block them from getting to your email. Hope this helps I understand completely how frustrating spam is, I have my junk mail down to about 5 a day now, finally...
(1)

i dont mind targeted ads shelia . pretty cool if your attending a music event in another town and want to know your lodging options .
spam mail is becoming a real annoyance tho . every one of em wants to enlarge my penis . its as tho they know something they absolutely shouldnt ..
(3)

JeanetteB, at first I wasn't sure what it meant, but then I saw 4 people *like this*, then I realized maybe it was sarcasm.

For the past 15 years I have been able to spot trolls the on newspaper political forums because the troll used what I called "rolodex comments", meaning those posters would just spin the rolodex and typed what they saw, no matter what we were discussing politically. Same material, myths, hearsays, rumors month after month.

I never even thought that Aging Care would have trolls being this site deals with such serious emotional issues. But each family dynamic is so very different, I would initially think this could be the real McCoy.
(1)

previously in the thread , jeanette , pop up ads were being blamed on a pagan , demonic , ( black magic ? ) web site ..
(1)

All waaaay to funny... Captain I'm not sure if this is the right place for posting this here for you but maybe it will help others to. The "turn tracking protection on" is of course a MS windows option, also in the upper right hand corner, tools, down to internet options and at the top click on privacy and you will want that slider to be set at medium which will block 3rd party without your consent, and make sure your pop up blocker in turned ON. I am writing this thinking that someone may not know the steps to take for these settings from the beginning so let me know if this works for you or if you would like some more options, just let me know, I just learned I could click on the name of poster and leave a message, LOL ... Captain I like some of the adds and understand about sponsorship myself but it depends on what I am doing at the time on the computer, there is a time and place for everything, but I have not seen any out of place ads on this site... and for those interested or do not know about windows defender, click on start, then control panel (depending on your windows version) look for windows defender and it will automatically look for and clean out any and all mal ware, it is really good... Thanks Sallie Sisters , Huuuhhh ; meant in a good way (Mostly) ha-ha.... I apologize for this not being on topic and wish you all the best of health, wealth and happiness...
(1)

*meant?
(0)

Can someone please explain to me what sodonewithsal me
(0)

Sheila, you just reminded me of a saying I used on my sister some time back. "Excuses are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink" What a great saying. I actually have myself laughing.
(1)

if these sites cant allow targeted advertising by the use of drop words , wed have to pay a membership -- which history shows we will not do .
i tried your safety tip shelie , didnt get much from it ..
(2)

Ha!! I called it yesterday...
(0)

Assandache7, There are so many legitimate disappointments in life, I hope you don't let this get you down and I have heard it said before "opinions are like bellybuttons, we all have one". I am new to this site and so grateful for all the support, kindness, and a new perspective on my own life and roll. This site and all the wonderful caregivers and their post helps me to see "both sides of the coin" and has me thinking, well lol Thinking! (That in itself is a good thing, right? I hope anyway) I never realized or thought that maybe anyone would be hurt or for lack of a better word, turned off or upset of the "GOD" factor or about being more patient and loving. I have seen more feelings come into play that I don't think I would have ever considered on my own, that has opened my ears, eyes and my heart in such a way that I am so awe struck. I never even knew what any of this stuff was till one day looking for answers, came across AC. All these (10) years of looking after my 93 year old neighbor the last couple of years I thought he was just being mean and hurtful or putting on an act, and also I have a better understanding of my grandfather in his last years towards me. I believe there is (unfortunately) more real out here than fake, and thank you all so much for being here... P.S. I have posted links on this site but I assure only what I visited my self first and only to information that I hope could answer or help as is the least I could do to give back to the AC community as I do have some time to share and if I don't know something I can look it up for those who have less time... HUGS to all of you and THANK YOU ALL so MUCH for all you have done for me in such a short time.... PPS in the upper right hand of your browser tool bar, click on safety, and the third one down, click on "turn on tracking protection", I will submit to Microsoft to put a button to click on that says "no soliciting" LOL with you... Thanks!
(2)

Bookluvr, I've fallen, or misread, several of what I now think are troll posts. I think anyone who's compassionate and sympathetic will assume that the posts here are legitimate. I think it's basic to human nature to assume the best in people.

It's only now that I'm beginning to realize some are not legitimate, may be multiple alter egos, some are game playing, and who knows what the rest are.

It's a testament to THEIR dishonesty and other failings, not to ours that we didn't see their bad intents.

So just pat yourself on the back for being compassionate and not suspicious!
(3)

All I can say is that you guys are very sharp observers. I keep falling hook, line and sinker when I read here. Then I feel bad that I fell for it. Then I remind myself that maybe other readers would benefit from our postings and ignore the condemner.
(2)

Ashlynne, oh, no, don't get me started on who can help out with the IPO!!
(0)

Ashlynne - your "nutbar" rant got me laughing all over again! Love it!

GA - maybe I should start working out stock options? I'm not all that "stock savvy" though....know anyone with Wall Street experience? Hmmmmm....
(1)

Yaya, good idea! We have anti-malware, anti-spyware, why not anti-demonware!
(1)

Lots of nutbars in this world wherever you are. I live in the middle of nowhere, one house across the road and, yep, nutbars. A couple about 60, no kids. He goes to work, she never leaves the property - never comes out of the house until he comes home. He's decent, she's a raving bible thumping looney tune - every word out of her mouth is the bible, satan, conspiracy theories, never come across anyone like it. Dare to disagree or try to change the subject she'd start screaming and leaping up and down. They drink like fish and smoke like chimneys but they're oh so religious ... ahem.

One afternoon last summer I snapped and threw her screaming *ss off my front lawn. Problem solved. I know she spies on me but I park out back all summer so she can't see what I'm doing - must make her crazier lol. Could be Dusty is my neighbour but no, she wouldn't go anywhere like AC as even Facebook is run by the CIA {rolling eyes}. Toxic people have no place in my life thanks.
(4)

Wow...I'm laughing so hard right now, especially at some of the posts by Sodone, LadeeM, Jessiebelle, and Captain! Been through a rough patch recently and really needed a good belly laugh - thanks guys!

I LOVE this site because I believe most of the folks on here ARE real......good, kind, caring, stressed out, bone-weary, solid, down-to-earth real. I think of many of you as Kindred Hearts too (well said A&A!) I've been "away" for a few weeks because I tend to get too emotionally invested and sometimes need to just step back for a while. Before I did that though I also found myself getting more and more confused and upset by a certain aforementioned (hopefully gone by now?) poster. I didn't know what to think!...just when I wanted to reach through my computer screen and b***h-slap her for being cold and mean-spirited toward someone I'd read another post from her that was actually pretty nice. One minute she seemed sensitive and insightful, the next she was ranting about the "end of times". I kept waffling between feeling sympathetic toward her, thinking wow! what a tough life she's had!....and rolling my eyes (as if she could see me) and saying "oh puh-leez! Get OVER yourself!" She claimed her mother was independently wealthy, yet she had the poor woman living with her in what she continually described as nothing short of a hovel, relying on food stamps and avoiding debt collectors. It didn't make any sense!! She spoke several times about being dissatisfied with AC and wanting to leave, but then she kept coming back! A few times I felt the urge to write an angry response after reading another one of her "holier-than-thou" posts. But I kept thinking about a sign I'd seen somewhere: "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." I've had a little (emphasis on "little") experience with mental illness (my daughter's ex was bi-polar) and I got a sense that might be at the source of her erratic behavior. I also got a sense that maybe the "angry reaction" was exactly what she was fishing for, so I chose not to bite. I still felt like there was something hinky about her, but I also thought I was the only one, and maybe I was just reading too much into it. I'm glad (and relieved) to see how many of you shared the same misgivings I had. For me, it's just further validation that I'm in the right place. You guys are the best! ((((((HUGS))))) to all my *real* fellow caregivers! And I too hope Dusty gets some help.

BTW, I'm thinking of starting my own line of "Demon-B-Gone!" computer software. Think I may be on the verge of something really big here. Anybody want in?
(4)

SoDone: Exactly... poster is very dramatic, says two weeks, 24/7 but is often not there...cant be reached by phone. All of what she talks about could not happen in that time frame. Sounds much like another poster or should I say poser from just a couple of weeks ago. Like Dusty the info changes with the answers. Like how much drama can she add and we will still pay attention and still offer help. Just sayin. Maybe getting her script from Grey Gardens. I just hate feeling like Im being had.

And speaking of scripts ...Loved Osage County. They put the fun in dysfunctional, as they say.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter