Follow

We are living an incredibly tough life, and those that run this site are concerned that the language, even the most modest of terms, may offend, and choose to change that common H word for "decency sake?" I sense the person from Agingcare.com who made that call probably doesn't deal with a parent or other loved one who is going through what we do. In fact, I'm absolutely sure of it. Well, the "heck" with that!!!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
@ christina,
the gal and i didnt get along at all. shes a crackhead and looks to be about 250 yrs old and im just difficult on a good day. i just loved her fluent english. if nobody wants to hear my joke it isnt going to hurt my feelings but im sayin your life is never going to be complete if you dont. cracky thought it was funny..
(1)

Taking note, Capitan. Never know when someone will want to build a castle in Spain.
Watch out for those girls who seem to like everything about you. Gee, I'm feeling protective. I don't trust most women, that's why. LOL
Often when you force an issue it works against you.
Are you paying for advertizing? I know you're paying.
OK, going to see my Mother and feed her din-din.
Have a good eveining, everyone. xo
(0)

love the cleveland joke christina. ive been to both places and i aint goin back to cleveland. like i said last night, this subject isnt going to go away. i think some compromise is in order. i can live with letters being replaced by asteriks but switching our words with preschool terms isnt going to work for me. met a gal this week who actually talked worse than i do. it was lovely. we arent cut out for each other for many reasons but her language just made my day. i told her about the orneriest joke i know and she truly loved it. i told her that anyone who doesnt appreciate that joke can cram off somewhere. dont need them in my life. if anybody wants to hear that joke email i dont mind throwing my email out here, im a small businessperson..
(2)

Isn't that the sad truth madge1, all sorts of phony stuff, you can do all sorts of sordid things in the name of religion and race and not say h-e-double hockey sticks. By the way, how come we can't put in web address links, mine was totally wiped out, is it that it is controversial?
(0)

I was raised in Birmingham Alabama. We did not curse. No, No, No. We were proper little women and men who could say all sorts of racially incorrect things and that was just Hunky Dory but God forbid we curse or not act like ladies. Goodness Gracious. What phonies. Just fecking horrible. Love that word.
(2)

Steve's profile comes up when you click on his name and photo and you can leave a message I assume on his wall.
(0)

Sorry, not Feedback but NEWS FEED. Very slow when using the kindle.
(0)

I think AC is having problems. Lately like 98percent of the time, I click on FEEDBACK and I get error messages. Just now I tried to LIKE a comment and I got an error message. I tried to LIKE one of your comment and it would not do it.
(0)

Well... I'm assuming Steve either got kicked off site, or deleted his profile. I've tried to send him a couple of hugs... both times I got an error message.
(0)

I just googled Steve's book, and now I see what is written on his shades. I read a blurb and it made me laugh out loud, deserved a full write out there. Loved to paraphrase, forget the waterboarding and confine with an alzheimer's patient to get info....I shall see if I can get the fecking book here.
(3)

Dunwoody's book is fecking funny too!!! Btw. :0)
(0)

"Scratch" by Danny Gillan --set in Glasgow!!! That is where I got the fecking!!! A very funny book!!!!! A fecking funny book!!!

Hi Christina!!! Just now saw you post! :0)
(0)

You guys are fecking great. Don't change. We are all adults. Most of us stressed out. It should be noted that we could be a lot worse. We could be unkind, judgmental, hateful, and snide. Instead we use four letter words sometimes. LIFE is a four letter word.
(5)

I did too and then it was gone
(1)

Dun, Capn' and the rest of us potty mouths... I just posted on my home thread, and used the F word and said bitch.... three or four times.... they left it alone..... Thank God for folks that stand up for what they believe in and last I checked this IS still AMERICA....... thanks for all the great posts on this subject.... hopefully we can get back to not being pretend 'churchy' folks... nothing wrong with being 'churchy' if that's your thing.... just don't assume I agree..... thanks everyone..... and was thinking today... I say 'y'all', not 'ya'll' and was wondering if that was going to be next.... AC spellcheck.....hugs to you all...
(3)

Mishka ! Omg!! You are TOO FUNNY!!!
I'm not really here today. Cleaning my house and practicing my music. Hi to everyone, I'm not ignoring just nervous!!
( Hi Sis:) xoxo ttyl
(1)

Review it not view it , (sigh)
(0)

Eh, now that I think about it, Madeaa, the book may have been set in Ireland and not England. (d'oh !) --that is where I got the fecking from. I tried to view it with the title "This is a Great Fecking Book" but Amazon would not let me -more censorship.

I really don't get too upset by the censorship here. I think it is really just kinda weird that you can say f*** with the asterisks- what do they think we are reading in are heads? "EFF STAR STAR STAR"?? But it is a little creepy when they change your words without notification. Kinda invasive.

My husband says we Clevelanders say " Yous sons of b*****s" ( usually to the Browns) a lot and for cripes sake! :oP
(1)

Ah golly, geewilikers, darn tutin, fudge, h-e-double hockey sticks, wowzer, goshdern, whew, now I feel better
(2)

Oh, and the reason for two posts.... H**L I don't know..... like when we are reading something with asterisks in it we don't read the word....anyway, wouldn't let me post the first one, so did another one,,, appears from my recollection that Texans are just born cussin".
(0)

This censoring thing... it's so stupid to me!!! If I've had a bad day, getting on here and saying, " This has been the most fracked up day!" just doesn't seem to make me feel any better....and I'm from Texas, we are born saying, " What the f**k was that?"
(0)

I am from Texas, we are born saying, "What the h**l??" This censoring is too stupid for me..... I agree with PurpleSushi, what's the point of getting on her to vent, if I have to say " This has been the most fracked up day of my life".... just doesn't seem to make me feel any better!
(3)

Wicked funny, made me laugh to think about jim fallon and rachel dratch in Saturday Night Live at Fenway Park skit, Sully and Zazu, thanks for the laugh
(1)

I'm a Long Island girl, so I have a potty mouth. Took my Mom on a trip to Boston a few years back. we LOVED that city! Nicest people EVER!
(2)

willowrose - "may y'be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows yer dead!" Yeah, I think we Bostonians share a close kinship with irreverence. The city just lends itself naturally to cussing....navigating through Cambridge into Logan on a Monday morning could turn any saint into a sinner! Gettin' stuck the tunnel? Talk about a freakin' pita!
purplesushi - Right on!!!
(3)

I constantly see titles to questions being changed - it's as if they don't realize that the email notification shows the "actual" question, then when we come on here & find that it's different, it's very frustrating - I always feel like I've clicked the wrong link. If I want to vent, I don't want my wording changed - I assume others feel the same way (as evidenced by this title). If the TOS "prohibits" certain words, perhaps the TOS should be changed to only disallow the evil "F" word & leave the others alone - we are all adults here & sometimes you just can't get your frustrations out without (gasp) using a swear-word or two while venting. Perhaps the moderator(s) are bored & creating something for themselves to do, or they are imposing their personal boundaries regarding word usage on the rest of us, but it's really ANNOYING and I wish it would stop!! Are you listening, moderator???
(4)

I typed in a$$ and it was replaced with a**. *sigh*

watta pain in the **&%#@*. Seriously?

Loved Cleveland joke Christina.

lovbob
(1)

Was that you willowrose? Yes mishka, tis herself.
(0)

Being Boston Irish Catholic, dual citizenship, it's probably why I resonated with it MishkaM. Wicked pis_a. Trying to be respectful. Fill the blank in with another s. My biological sister is missing out on some fun, huh? In good times and in bad, like our parent's commitments were to each other, in sickness and in health until death do us part. An ideal family code. . .wouldn't it be grand. Well, we ain't in heaven yet. We shall see, who knows what the future will bring! Hope springs eternal! Thnx for your support folks. Hasta luego. Time to raise some. . . he. .aven!
(1)

Everything is fecking in Ireland, got the lawn mower fixed and the guy said in a thick rural Irish accent, not a bad fecking mower, LOL. Yes, what is with the fecking censorship, I mean don't get me wrong I don't usually use profanity, but heck is hardly profane, sometimes ya gotta let it rip and we know that here, we aren't a gosh golly group, well some are I suppose. Last night my cat had diarrhea and my mother was acting like Joan Crawford, there were a lot of fecking thoughts and sayings going on believe me.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter