Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
She obviously feels the need to buy their affection. She knows you have not put a price on yours.
(6)

The favouritism may play into it, but I think it might be an attempt to win a place in their hearts to make sure she isn't forgotten.... she has to know somewhere deep, deep down that she isn't a high priority in their lives. Which makes it even sadder if you really think about it.
(4)

I should also add that it is not really about the money. Either her care will eat it all up or there will be plenty to go around - who knows what will come of it. It is about seeing where I rank in her life.

The oldest brother does nothing but take, take, take and he is rewarded with a house. A crappy house, but nonetheless, a house. And he has received so much financial support from my parents throughout the years that he has "already gotten his"

The youngest, is going to get her car but he has not had a license in probably 15 years due to multiple DWI arrests. He stole all of dad's coin collections and all of Mom's jewelry and sold them back when he was addicted to heroin so he got his too.

My mother dismisses my middle brother because his parent's in law supposedly have money so she feels that he and his kids can inherit front hat side. Well, who really knows what their financial picture looks like. Is it really fair to him to assume that he will inherit anything from them?
(1)

Sorry about that, my cat jumped on my computer and posted before I had finished

So, the bad thing I did... I went and peeked at Mom's will. I know wills are private but I could not help myself. She had voluntarily shared her previous will with me... the one splitting everything evenly between myself and my three siblings.

The more rent will has her specifically willing one of her houses to my eldest brother and any vehicle that she owns to my youngest brother and then splitting the remaining assets four ways.

I am mad because they do nothing at all for her. They haven't visited her since she moved in with me - and I HAVE made it clear that they are welcome. The oldest came for mother's day in 2015 and that was the one and only visit. He never calls but when she calls him, he always cries poor and makes her feel that she has to give him money.

The youngest has not actually visited her in years - probably five or more. She last saw him when she had me drive her to where he was working and they had a short visit. He only calls her when he needs something (like $10,000 bail money)

I am here in the trenches, wiping her butt and running every time she tings her bell or blows her whistle.

I am mad at her for favoring them., I am mad at them for neglecting her. But mostly, I am sad. Sad because I feel very unappreciated and unloved.

It was stupid of me to look at the will.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter