My husband & I are both disabled. He gets a little help from the VA. I get nothing! It's getting more difficult to even get to the store for food & sundries; ( The State of California wants to charge me $1,600 a month for my s.o.c..,we can't afford that. The supervisor @Medi-Cal is very hateful. I'll be dead soon,if I don't get help & respite.Please help. Pattiblue

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Maybe the VA social worker can help. I will call her thank you....

If you are both disabled, are you both getting disability payments? Were you working before you became disabled?

California must have a scale for share-of-cost depending on income levels. $1,600 per month sounds like a pretty high deductible! What expenses would they be paying if you go on that program? If you didn't have those expenses, would you be better able to afford this? There must be an appeal process for the Medi-cal decisions. Is your husband entitled to any counseling or legal advice from the VA? Having someone help with the appeal would be valuable! Also try calling your state or county helpline run by the agency on aging. They may be able to suggest where you can find that kind of help.

Does your husband have a disability case worker? Is there a case worker assigned to him by the VA? Talking to someone who has responsibility for the case could be more helpful than talking to a Medi-Cal supervisor.

I hope someone from California will have additional suggestions for you.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter