Follow

My mom, 86 had a long time boyfriend who was overbearing, controlling, and sexually active when her mind WAS NOT!
There was no marriage between them, no ownership, no financial community property or funds. Being they stayed together often did not make a marriage so I stepped in, explained NO SEX, no overnights, etc. She is no longer that woman she was 12 years ago.
I changed the locks to her house, called the law, and any invasion of their property is now CRIMINAL TRESPASSING!
Additionally I filed a DO NOT CONTACT with local law enforcement.
Disconnected her phone to his calls.
I'm set and good to go!
She rarely asks about him as out of sight is out of mind & he KNOWS I’ll press charges!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Hopefully will help others. I’m my mothers Health Care Power of Attorney and yes she has dementia.
My brother, her Legal Power of Attorney agrees but does not live near by. Old school fathers put the males in charge of finances and wills. My mother is much better off and I hated hearing so many horror stories!
(0)

Way to go!
(0)

I am assuming that Mom has dementia, and that you are her power of attorney? If this is true, then you have every right to act in this manner. Or, if she is NOT demented, and you do NOT have power of attorney, you certainly have every right to act as she directs you given that she is apparently being molested against her will--not OK whether she is married or not. Do report any abuse to authorities at once and keep a careful diary. Wishing you and your Mom the very best.
(1)

Looks like your mom got herself a good strong protector. You did all the right thing. Way to go.
(2)

Ur profile shows this is the first time u have posted. Since this is not worded as a question is it just a vent?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter