Follow

My Dad died last night.
My comfort is knowing he had the happiest days these last 2 months. Happier than he had had for years.
I am so grateful to his home care giver. She came in 6 hours a day for 6 days a week and made his life brighter and happier than anyone could remember for a long, long time. I cannot praise her enough.
Yesterday he was very confused....even during the day hours. His care giver came over yesterday on her own time to comfort him and help him! Last night at 11:30 pm he was calling to me for help. He had taken his oxygen off and was claiming the oxygen concentrator was trying to kill him. I calmed him down, put him back in bed, put the oxygen back on him. This morning he was gone.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Oh, I'm so sorry. But it sounds like you are comforted by the fact that your father enjoyed his last few months.
(1)

Thank you all!
The last two days have been pretty hard. I have been trying to keep the burden off my Mom. Cemetry arraignments, funeral home, minister, military honor guard, flowers, etc. just so much to get done.

I cleaned out his bedroom, Removed the bed completely (the stains from the mess made it unusable anyway). I had pulled the bedding and removed all of it to the dumpster yesterday morning so my Mom would never have that image to haunt her.

Now I hope I can sleep tonight. I didn't seem to be able to sleep lasted night. How odd....eh? Now that I am not being woken constantly all night..the house is too quiet and I keep listening for the sounds that never come.

Thank you! Peace
(3)

I am so sorry for your loss,, but you can take pride that you did make his last days better
(0)

I am so sorry! Hugs.
(0)

So sorry for you on the loss of your dad. Peace.
(0)

Katiekate, you deserve a medal for all you have done. God bless.
(3)

my mothers body was done for . i felt relief when she passed away . doubly so for edna . edna was 93 yrs old . just how tired can one MF get before they deserve to go to rest ?
youve still many emotional variations to go thru katiekate . give yourself some big credit for the " return " you gave to your parents . i dont remember any specifics of your situation but im bettin you didnt have family knocking the door down to help you .
(1)

I'm so sorry about your Dad. I'm glad that he had some good days recently and a peaceful passing.
(0)

Katiekate,
So sorry that you have lost your father.
(0)

Katiekat, so sorry for your loss, he is now at peace. Remember to take care of yourself right now. HUGS!
(0)

Katiekate, I'm so sorry about your dad. You took such good care of him, and it is wonderful that he had you, your mom, and the caregiver to be there for him! Wishing you and your family comfort.
(1)

Katie, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
(0)

I'm sorry for your loss, Katie. As others have said, I hope you take comfort in the happiness you were able to bring to him, and in the knowledge that you are a wonderful daughter.
(1)

I'm sorry about the loss of your father, KatieKate.
(1)

My condolences on the loss of your father. I can't imagine how painful that is. I hope you can find peace in knowing that he had had a good recent few months.
(1)

I'm sorry for your loss.
(1)

(((Hug))) so grateful for the happiness he had. Peace and Strength for you
(1)

Katie, I am so sorry for you loss. May he rest in peace.
(1)

katie, I am so sorry. I know you didn't expect him to leave last night. We never know these things. You worked hard to make his life pleasant in his last months. I know he was grateful to you and his other caregiver.
(1)

So glad you had the few months to see him content and mostly happy and improved. Glad he passed peacefully. I'm forever amazed at the quality of people on AC that give so much to their parent's care. Take comfort in knowing you were there for him at the end of his life, and may your faith and love comfort you after your dad's passing. More (((hugs)))
(1)

((((((Hugs))))) -so sorry for your loss, but glad he had such good care and was happy the last two months. You have been a good daughter - may you have peace.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss! Your Dad has now found peace. Bless you.
(1)

KatieKate,
I'm so sorry you lost your dear Father.You have done a great job.My prayers are with you.Take good care in the days ahead-
Love,Lu
(1)

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm so glad for you that he had such a wonderful helper in his last weeks and that he was able to slip away in his sleep.
(2)

My condolences to you, Katiekate. This is a great loss, and also, I imagine, a great relief. I am so glad that you got to see your father have happy days in the final part of his journey. May those memories help you cope with your grief.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter