Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
wow this is all the best advice I've ever seen you do need to get your dad out of your house I got my 2 sons away from my mom. 2 one way tickets to Hawaii but they were over 21 and not tied down. But you have grandchildren and children that have lives. God Bless you. Please keep in contact with the log.
(0)

My 0.02 worth, based on the information given, would be to put him in a NH and let Medicaid take care of the cost...if he has any property or a home, use that directly toward that and get him out of your home ASAP.
Your husband may not understand but it doesn't matter. It is the two of you's home but he is your father and you KNOW he was abusive and you KNOW he potentially still is (I'd say if he had the chance, it is very likely so don't take that chance)...and your grandchildren do not deserve to be fearful nor do any of you deserve to be deprived of bonding and spending time together because of your father's abusive nature.

Karma is a b****, as they say...and you get what you pay for. No one made him abuse you all and if he winds up in a NH and hates it...he still is getting off easier than you and your siblings did. It is the kindest thing for all concerned, IMO.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter