Follow

An Update on Current Therapeutic Drugs Treating COVID-19

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32395418

In this review, we will update and summarize the most common and plausible drugs for the treatment of COVID-19 patients. These drugs and therapeutic agents include antiviral agents (remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine, lopinavir, umifenovir, favipiravir, and oseltamivir), and supporting agents (Ascorbic acid, Azithromycin, Corticosteroids, Nitric oxide, IL-6 antagonists), among others.

Therapeutic Options for COVID-19 Patients | CDC

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/...

FDA has approved one drug, remdesivir (Veklury), for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients aged 12 years and older who weigh at least 40 kg. Early effective treatment of any disease can help avert progression to more serious illness, especially for patients at high risk of disease progression and severe illness, with the additional benefit of reducing the burden on healthcare systems.

Antiviral Therapy | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines

www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/...

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are antimalarial drugs that were studied to treat COVID-19. Ivermectin Ivermectin is an antiparasitic drug that is being evaluated to treat COVID-19. Lopinavir/Ritonavir and Other HIV Protease Inhibitors Protease inhibitors are antiretroviral drugs for HIV that were studied as treatments for COVID-19. Nitazoxanide

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
ADMIN, please delete this dangerous misinformation. We have the FDA/CDC for a reason, and they and the government are why more of our elders are alive.
(6)

I agree with PeggySue and I would ask the admins to fact check Joel's post I am reporting my own post to bring it to admin's attention.
(3)

I KNOW OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE TESTED POSTIVE FOR COVID AFTER THEY HAVE GOTTEN 4 VACCINES INJECTION, THE BAIS PRESS DOE'S NOT TELL YOU ABUT THESE LIFE SAVINGS DRUGS LISTED ABOVE.
(2)

Hi, Alva. I will also be reporting my own comment plus yours for this reason plus anyone else's.

When the vaccines rolled out, people in SNFs stopped dying or getting hosped from covid. There's nothing worse than living your life out on a ventilator unable to see people, which USED to be what happened before the vaccines when people were actually trying unproven drugs.
(2)

These articles have nothing to do with the efficacy of the vaccines. These clips are from the US National Institute of Health's website, under a section that reviews current Covid TREATMENTS. So it really IS a way that the healthcare profession shares what treatments are available and being assessed.
The vaccine is a preventative meant to reduce the strength of the virus if you get infected.
The links are about meds used to treat the virus.
Two different things.
This really isn't the forum to get into a rabid vaxxer/antivaxxer debate. .

It never hurts to read up on what the treatment options du jour are, in case you end up in the hospital. That way you can be involved in your healthcare.
(1)

Just because something has made PubMed for a small case study doesn't make it legit. Just because it's in pubmed doesn't mean it's as effective as a vaccine.

It used to be that 95 percent of those who get hosped now are fully unvaccinated. This is down to about 85 percent because vaccinations do wane, particularly J&J. It is prudent for everyone to get their booster as well.

Of course vaccinated people catch covid, Joel. It's about five times less likely, and 30 TIMES LESS LIKELY that they'll end up in the hospital. Why aren't more people in SNFs dying of covid? Because they're mostly vaccinated.
(2)

If you read carefully (and for heaven's sake, not just cherry-picked clips) you will find that investigating a treatment, does not make it a "life saving" treatment. In depth study is essential here - as with other areas of knowledge, "the devil is in the details" and a clip will not give you enough background, unless you are already trained in the disciplines. It is like a contract - read the fine print.
And surely getting vaccinated to prevent is preferable to trying unproven treatments to heal.
(2)

I think better to move into a cave, or maybe a treehouse, far away from any town, never mix with humans or allow them into your air space at all. Hopefully will prevent catching Covid & other viruses.

However, if like me, you prefer the company of a few humans, do what you can to avoid harm: Vax up, good hand hygiene & cough etiquette, stay in when ill.

Let go of wht you can't control.

Drugs can be helpful, sure. But not magical cure-alls.
(3)

LOL
(0)

need to hit report after you post if you haven't.
(1)

Seems this person only post when its something that is controversial.
(3)

I love how people who can't spell "does" and don't know that no one has received four vaccines somehow possesses the education of an MD in epidemiology without having attended medical school.

Thanks for the chuckle, OP, and step slowly away from the computer, OK?
(7)

joelfmi118, if you read further into the article and click on attachment articles is says, for example on Antiviral Therapy.....

"The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends against the use of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine and/or azithromycin for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients (AI) and in nonhospitalized patients (AIIa)".
(5)

Joel Don't use all caps.
(0)

The article was dated:  "2020 May 11;1-15."    It's not even current and isn't worth reading.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32395418/ (full cite)

Joel, as JoAnn observes, the only posts you make are negative.  Doesn't that tell you something about yourself?
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter