Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Does anyone has an easy solution to keeping fog off of one's eyeglasses while wearing a blue surgeon mask?

My eye doctor had used white tape across the top of my mask to stop the fog during an eye exam, but later removing that tape was quite painful as the skin under my eyes is loose [comes with age].
(1)

Alva I read that. I gathered they must have treated the allergic reactions successfully. I have lots of allergies but never have had an anaphylactic reaction.

Beatty - that's funny. I decided at the beginning of this I was NOT going to put on weight. It was one thing I did have some control over. I changed to eating more vegetables and I have lost a couple of pounds. Not much but I'll take it.

glad - aaargh!!!! people have no sense. I am so glad the youngest in the wheel chair with lung problems didn't get it.

pam - I know they still haven't figured out how everyone gets the virus. I have checked figures here and in too big a number for my comfort the source of transmission is unknown. There is much yet to be learned about it,
(1)

This virus is crazy strange! My co worker had no symptoms except the fever,,she has been decorating and stuff like crazy. None of the other 6 who live with her got it. She is cleared to come back to work Monday. My DDs room mates mom got it, they were all together for thanksgiving,, only Mom was positive,, all the other kids and her hubs were negitive.. roommate was given the word she is negitive today so DD is happy!! Of all of us at my hospital who are part of a huge study, only a few have the antibodies, and we are front line workers ( maybe because we all take the masking, handwashing pretty seriously at work? ) I can;t explain it,, its crazy!
(4)

Assistant at work tested positive a few days after thanksgiving, 30ish, asthma, she is still quite ill. Hubs probably got it at hospital where he works.

Then after 9 months of staying home and away from every one, including her 15 sibs, decided to gather for thanksgiving. All but the youngest, in a wheelchair with lung problems, got it.
(1)

I hope a vaccine side effect is weight loss. I would be happy to lose my 'pandemic padding' with one easy jab.
(6)

Golden, they are saying two had actual allergic reactions. Not the regular flu like symptoms they were expecting. So now figuring what to do with folks with a history of allergic reactions. But yes, we will work this out, and whatever the numbers are, we cannot continue with this 1000 to 2000 dead a day.
(2)

It's good to see that vaccinations have started. I know it must be a logistics nightmare to plan for a population and all the different needs, but it is happening. It gives some hope for a life without current concerns, loss of life, prolonged illness and negative economic impact.

Alva, I am sure there will be side effects for some, but it is a small price to pay. People get side effects for many vaccinations.
(3)

New Mexico says they are close to looking at triage for care decisions soon. They are full. Other states like Idaho and Utah also very full. Midwest slightly better today. Deaths daily averaging from 1,500 to 2,000. The good news is that England started injecting the Pfizer vacc. yesterday; only two are ill after taking it, and this appears mild flu they are recovering from so far. I think there will be no vaccine that doesn't make SOMEONE sick, but isn't going to kill 2,000 a day.
So on we go. Apparently our Government decided it would not do big payment to Pfizer for initial doses, so we won't get many; they are obligated to other countries that DID order large numbers of doses; will be spring and summer before we get some relief but our front line workers will at least be protected, and hopefully some elders.
(2)

Pam,

They claimed they did social distance until the last day! It was a four day event. LOL

CRAZY! I saw it on the news. Then I checked it out online. Oh my gosh, you should read this guy’s blog! It’s crazy!

They do cruises, parades and host big parties up to 2000 people!

I will private message you the name. Who is crazy enough to go to a swinger party during COVID?!
(0)

I went for my mammogram and bone density test today.

I have to say they sanitize everything before doing anything.

She even wiped down the pen that I signed the papers with.

When I arrived in the parking lot, there is a telephone number posted.

There were instructions to call the number and wait in car. They come take a temperature reading.

Social distancing in waiting room.

Parking lot was full. So people are getting annual test done.

I felt like delaying it due to rising Covid cases but my doctor insisted that I go. I have had to do biopsies in the past. Was benign.

My doctor is one who will send reminders on my phone to go to appointments!
(3)

What will be interesting is years down the line if there are any lasting health issues after one has even a mild case of Covid-19.
(4)

I'm still trying to figure out how a "swingers group" socially distanced.. LOL..
My friend with COVID is doing fine, she says the fever is gone and she feels normal.. hope it continues! And she wears her mask and quits traveling all about!!
(5)

cwillie,

He also stated that he wouldn’t hold the function again if he could go back and do it over.

Duh...too late for that! Damage is already done.
(2)

cwille,

Exactly! The leaders of this ‘swinging’ group said that the majority of people had mild symptoms or no symptoms. One person had severe complications and was hospitalized.

According to this group, emails were sent out that asked anyone with a compromised immune system not to attend.

After the outbreak of people getting Covid at the ‘swinger’ party, another email was sent out informing everyone of the outbreak.

The event leader gave everyone instructions before the event to keep a diary of who they interacted with. He said that most people did this and they were able to notify most attendees.

Then he goes on to say that he sent his wife who has a compromised immune system to Mexico because it was safer due to less Covid cases and to continue to work on their opening a ‘swinger’ group in Mexico.

The whole story was crazy, even by New Orleans standards! What a ridiculous group of people!!!
(1)

They justify it by knowing that most people who get it don't get seriously ill. On the other place I read online I'm no longer astonished by posts from people who have had it blow through their families with little or no consequences, when you get enough people in your circle with a similar experience then you are much more willing to roll the dice.
Of course what this fails to take into account is that the more community spread the more people who do become very ill, leading to overwhelmed hospitals and deaths. And although some callously say that it's only the old or immune compromised who are in peril I have read too many first hand accounts of people who were younger (young enough to have small children) and healthy that have died, not to mention all the long haulers with lingering effects.
(5)

Shell,

I hope your SO stays safe. It’s crazy how foolish people are. People should wear a mask! Wash hands! Social distance! Get tested! Stay home if sick!

I wonder how these people justify their behavior to themselves.

After seeing the ‘swinger’ story on the news, I would be very hesitant to stay at an independent hotel.

I like supporting local businesses but in this case a large chain is better because they have to follow guidelines and the company’s protocol.

The independent businesses are flying by the seat of their pants, just to stay alive.

I totally empathize with businesses suffering due to the slow economy but I feel it is very irresponsible of the hotel to host this event.

The hotel obviously knows the risks that are involved when ‘swingers’ get together!

How could the hotel be so naive to think that a large swinger gathering that is known for huge parties were going to refrain from interacting with each other?

It’s all about the almighty dollar! I am sure that they wanted to maintain a good relationship with the swinger group to ensure future business with them.
(2)

l am sure people will continue hoarding supplies too, which is really selfish.

All the stores should limit their customers, otherwise they buy, buy and buy more.
(2)

While every one is on a rant I guess I will join in. My sig-other works for a major shipping company and he is a dock worker. Well his co-worker (another dock worker) girlfriend tested positive for Covid because she never wears a mask and refuse to social distance. Therefore, giving Covid to her boyfriend (my sig-other co-worker) and he still worked for a few days then the company made him get tested (don't know why) and he was positive. Therefore, all the managers for that shift and most of the dock workers had to quarantine for 14 days and the dock workers are part-time so no pay. My sig-other had to work because he never came into contact with his co-worker so he did get a lot of hours. But still, all this came from one person who decided to not wear a mask. Had my sig-other got Covid and gave it to me I would probably have died from it. I have an autoimmune disorder and a serious one at that. My immune system keeps attacking my body and with the stress of my mother doesn't help any. There are days I can't get out of bed or I do get up an hour later I am back in bed. I am however getting it under control. FINALLY!! They also had a truck driver who knew he had Covid and worked anyways. All the truck drivers are full-time and get 2 weeks of paid sick days. He could have stayed home and got paid, but nope he went to work and gave it to another truck driver. Mind you these are the people who brought in medical supplies to some hospitals, raw materials for making PPE, and they even shipped our staples to some stores. They were working during the stay at home or lockdown orders. Ugh!!

Gald,
I couldn't have said it better. You are spot on! It really is a public health issue. All these people want their lives back. Well the only way to reach that goal is to cooperate.

NHWM,
That is awful! As if keeping it down to 250 people will help?! NO! Just think 41 people tested positive then those 41 people spread it to one person each equal to 81 then 122 then 163 and so on and so on! It makes you wonder are people to dumb to save their own lives???
(3)

There are the naysayers that just do not believe the danger. There are those that believe and think they will not get it. There are those that know they have it and go about their business as usual. Takes all kinds sure would be nice if, for once, all could live cooperatively. This is not a political issue, though many try to make it that way. It is a public health issue.
(5)

Golden,

It’s just a crazy thought, isn’t it? You can read about the embarrassing story online.

Couldn’t they have skipped their event this year?

They usually do a huge parade in the streets! Not this year!

New Orleans benefits from tourism. So, I am guessing the hotel was glad to have the business, restaurants too, but seriously! It’s really dumb! Plus those 41 people spread it to more people. No wonder our numbers keep going up with idiots like that!

I bet a large chain hotel would have refused the group. The independent hotel booked their stay. Geeeeeeez!
(1)

Oh goodness, need. That's awful.
(0)

There are STUPID people in this world!

Our local news reported a story of a ‘swinger convention’ meeting here in New Orleans.

Idiots! They usually have around 1000 members attending but due to COVID-19 they only had 250 members attending the four day event.

They claimed that many took tests right before the event. They were social distancing and in groups of four. On the last day they decided to forgo their social distancing and 41 people ended up testing positive for COVID! They were staying at a local hotel, NOPSI.

INSANE!
(3)

Pam,

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
(1)

kellse - not sure what you mean
(0)

sorry Golden I deleted. I mean I think we will all be exposed at some point. Sorry for any confusion . I dont mean to start an arguement
(0)

You know what to do. My sil was exposed on a work bus 3/4 hr drive but all were masked and distanced. He was tested about a week later and found negative. I suppose he will be tested again at the end of his quarantine. I've told them to stay away till I get vaccinated. I'm playing it as safe as I can. The older you are the smaller the virus load needed to infect you as your immune system is weaker.
(4)

Shell and Golden, so far she says she feels fine except for a low grade fever. And MIL is all better.. who knows! She has 4 kids who are always sick, and a hubs who lives in the basement on the computer all day,, so I know she is run down and stressed, so that does not help either. If I were her I would kick his butt upstairs to do the kids hands on stuff, and quarenteen in the basement myself,, and get a dang break! "Just leave my food on the stairs and I;ll get it" . I joked with my other friend that if we all get it we are going to quarenteen together at a hotel! I will be taking my temp and watching how this goes.
(2)

Pam, hope you are OK!!!!
(2)

Pam
I am sure you are find. I hope your friends beat it! It really is scary!

Hugs!!!
(1)

Well I carpool, and one of us went to FL for a vacay with her hubs and another couple. I rode with her 2 days after she got back, but she wore her mask in the car "just in case". That was on Thanksgiving. Haven't been with her since. But the other gal rode with her last week, only wore her mask one day in the car. So yesterday she texts that her MIL who lives with her is getting COVID test, then she woke up with a fever, so they both got tested. Turns out she is positive, MIL is negitive. So she is out for 10 days, other friend is worried ( I get it) and my antibody tests came back negitive again. I am not worried I may get it from FL traveler,, its over 10 days,, but if other friend was exposed,, now I have to think about that! So here we go... I worry more about the FL exposure than work exposure,, we are all very careful at work..
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter