Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Amen nothing need more be said love you secretsis
(0)

It is easy to complain when times are tough, and we or our loved ones have difficulties. It is not always easy to focus on the blessings we have. I am thankful that God loves me, in spite of myself, and that his mercies are new every morning. I am thankful that he is the God of second chances, and that he has not forsaken me. I thank God for the trials he sends my way to equip and strengthen me, despite my lack of understanding. And I thank God for for his wonderful blessings, which are too numerous to list. It is easy to overlook all we have to be thankful for, and not see or understand what God has spared us from.

This Thanksgiving, I want to thank God for his mercy and grace, for without which I would be completely lost and undone, if it weren't for him. He gave his all for us, and I want to give the gift of thankfulness back to him. Praying you have a blessed Thanksgiving, everyone, and that you find numerous things to count as blessings from above.
(0)

I am grateful for the beautiful weather we have had this fall. Last year we were having terrible snowstorms at this time in November. I do not drive and depend on public transportation, which gets all messed up when we have snowstorms and a lot of times I can't even venture outside in the winter with the ice and snow on the sidewalks, and I really need to get out every day to visit mom at the nursing home, it really helps her just to see my come in, if only for a half hour. I had to develop a way of turning off her complaints and guilt trips that she gives me about being in the nursing home, best way I have to distract her is to start reading from the Bible or religious books she has in her room. I keep her stocked up with a lot of those "mother" books and daily inspiration books. Another way I have to distract her is to read the newspaper or magazine to her. A lot of times the pain in her face from the neuralgia is so bad she can't read.

I am also grateful that I have a family member that took me in when mom needed to be in the nursing home. My sister has been wonderful about making sure I am comfortable and have the special food that I need, I have gluten intolerance and have a lot of food allergies, and makes sure that I have transportation to get to all of my doctor appointments. I try to help her out as much as I can, as she works 60 hour weeks as a doctor, make sure I have something prepared for her for dinner and do her laundry.
(1)

Lovingdaughter, thanks for sharing your blessing, and for being one by talking about prayer, earlier. You are always a blessing on this site!
(0)

My Blessing for today. Very warm weather, worked in the garden this week...We have our health. Good day
(0)

yep thats me the old hippie and I love it I still wear peace sign jewlery LOL FAR OUT
(0)

The Bomb! Ha, ya old hippy, LOL! I love you, Neonwocky. You are an encourager, an awesome part of this site.

Lovingdaughter, you are an awesome lady, and your mom and family are blessed to have you.

itzamemom, what can I say? Yours was a beautiful post by a beautiful soul.

I'm going to calgon country resort today. Need some time away from the strife and turmoil to rest and hear from the one who knows all things.

Thank you for sharing your blessings, everyone, and thank you for your prayers. God bless you all!
(0)

I too am thankful for all my blessings, my church family is so lving, my husband is the Bomb my son is so thoughtful and caring my mom is my mom and I have decided to take care of her to the best of my ability and surprise her as often as I can. i am thankful IT STOPPED RAINING and its feeling like the holidays are approaching weather wise. and I am thankful for all of you and I hope I can encourage you when I first started I was this close to a nervous breakdown I have learned alot since and thus want to be your encourager. Peace be to all and don't forget go to calgon country as often as possible.
(0)

My Blessing for the day is that I had 12 Realtor agents here today to look at the house. Hope things heat up here and we sell. The day was eventful and I am feeling more optimistic. Hope tomorrow is as bright. You are so right, we do get caught up in the day that we forget to count our blessings. You women are among the counted blessings!
(0)

Thank you Anne,
I needed that. You reminded me that I have so much in my life to be thankful for. I have a little plastic card with the saying...."Sometimes we are so busy adding up our troubles, that we forget to count our blessings" I've been so busy lately doing just that, adding up my troubles, when my blessings are all around me, every day, waiting for me to count them. God has blessed me greatly and I don't want to ever forget that...thanks again for reminding me Anne.
(1)

My car's transmission quit almost 3 weeks ago. Last night my husband rented me a snazzy Impala. I have shiny wheels and the sun was shining today as I drove about on my own for the first time in too long. I am counting my blessings, for a wonderful husband. I am also my kids Mom, and he's wonderful, too. FIL got a new room today, and my Dad's doing fairly well. Thank you, God!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
(0)

Today my husband is sore, but on the mend. It is a blessing is that we have our health. Mom is doing OK and we have a new future waiting for us. Just pray that our house sells!!!!!
(0)

Thank God he wasn't hurt.

We are thanking God for answered prayer, and his reassurance with tangible results.
(0)

My Blessing for Today. My husband fell off a ladder today and he is OK. He went to the Chiropractor of all things!!!! Tomorrow, if the swelling is worse, I am dragging him to the MD. MEN!!!!!! I worry about him, but he is very stubborn and won't retire yet. Soon, I am going to cut his ladders in half!!!!!

Blessings to you all!
(0)

Thank you sis! Bless you too, and you also take care.:)
(0)

Bless you, Naus! Praying... take care.
(0)

Amen! :)
(0)

Thats how I feel about my son we are truly blessed to be able to bring up children in a different light than i was and probably some of you were brought up. Thr proof is always in the pudding so they say. Have a safe trip and know we love you
(0)

Hi Mitzi, haven't heard from you in a while. Thank you so much. You all are so sweet and thoughtful. I love you all! Will be leaving for Michigan tomorrow, and be gone from my children all week. But I need to be with my husband and his Mom. My oldest daughter, is going to take care of my youngest for me. I count my blessings that I have wonderful children who are always here for us when we need them the most. I don't know what we would do without them.
(0)

Nauseated, I'm so sorry to read about your loss. My heart is with you and your family during this sad time.
(0)

Thank you lovingdaughter, you are a sweetheart too. :)
(0)

Nauseated,
So sorry to hear of your father-in-laws passing. He is at peace. Take a deep breath and be glad that you got to see him one last time.
Linda
(0)

Thank you Neon, you are right. He can breathe easy now.
(0)

sorry Naus but you know he is at peace now and his burden is done. God Bless you You've done all you humanly could. Lovr Neon
(0)

Even though my Father-in-law passed away this morning, I am counting my blessings that I was able to see him one last time in August. I squeezed him several times, and gave him kisses on his cheek and told him that I love him, because I had a feeling that was going to be the last time I saw him.
(0)

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you!
(0)

The painter is here to. His name is God he is painting the trees and sending goldenrod.

There is yellow an gold, orange and red
I am thankful to see all these things in my head.

I close my eyes and feel his breath
its wind and it makes me very content.

I'm thankful for seasons, and now that is fall
there are seasons we experience one and all.

May the season you are living right now in your heart
soon change and you have peace in your heart
(1)

Today's Blessing. The painter is here and he is doing a great job of making our house look fantastic. Mom is being cared for today, so I have time to pack up her collectibles so that I can stage the house!!! Tired but content.

Linda
(0)

Well said, Austin. I just posted on your wall before finding your woderful post here. Thank you. You're such a precious lady! I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and son, which makes up for some of my past sufferings. Where would any of us be without the grace of God? So I thank him for all my blessings. It is so easy to take even the simplest things for granted: physical and mental health, family, friends, etc. Each day, and even the air we breathe is a blessing. I am grateful that I have just a glimpse of all I have to be thankful for...and marvel. Hope all of you can find a reason to count a blessing today, no matter what your circumstance.
(0)

SecretSister-Thank your lucky stars for having a great husband -most of us do not but I have a great son and a great daughter out of the deal so I am blessed- I do not know how that happened with the father they had-one of my good friends said it was my doing but it was the grace of God we are not able to do anything without him and I have a great church family to help me who love me and care about me so that makes up for all the suffering I endured the years of my marriage.
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter