Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
It has been major trouble, my little 11 year old great niece has been diagnosed with chrones disease, the problem tho is her intestines are so enlarged and are full of ulcers she can't eat she is in extreme pain, she has lost so much weight her stupid mother waited 4 weeks to get her to a doctor she is skin and bones, they have her on coedine and morphine and prednesone. they removed her IV than she got a blood clot so now no body knows anything and she is at a childrens hospital. Please pray for her. thanks
(1)

Thanks, Micheleangel. You get sweeter each day. I appreciate you! :)
(0)

That sounds like a beautiful day for sure!!! I am so glad for you, take care
(1)

Lovingdaughter, thank you. Hope you have a wonderful vacation, and look forward to your report when you get back. Praying your time away is blessed!

Neon, thanks for your response. Haven't heard from you in a while, so that's a blessing, too. The Lord bless you, too!
(0)

Oh Secretsister, what a special blessing for those who could come out of their mental prisons and be free as children today what more could you ask for them. God Bless and have a great day everyone.
(1)

SecretSister
Sounds like a wonderful day.. My Blessing is that it isn't raining and we are going on vacation tomorrow. See ya all next Saturday!
Linda
(0)

Today was a wonderful day for my loved ones and it blessed us to participate in a picnic at a local park with our Dads and fellow residents. I was skeptical, thinking it would be a bit much for those with Dementia and Alzheimer's. But I was wrong. They loved it. My Dad was surprised to see me, and I found him sitting at a table in the sunshine, down by the beach. He went for a walk with me and enjoyed his grandson. Dad #2 was sitting in the shade. What a day Dad enjoyed as he rolled up his pantlegs, kicked off his shoes, and pulled off the socks. We laughed as he relished the feeling of the hot sand in between his toes, and that first shock of the cold water to cool them off.

There were tons of smiles and lots of pictures taken. For the residents, what a blessing to renew the spirit, and sit by the lake, watching the boats and skiers, ducks and children splashing away. The escaped the confines of their facility for a refreshing afternoon, to enjoy a wonderful summer day. They picnicked on grilled hot dogs, baked beans, and pasta salad, with homemade strawberry shortcake for desert. I didn't hear one complaint. For family, these will be precious memories, and thankful hearts for the blessings God has given our loved ones.
(0)

And may God be with you and bless you, dear caregiverslight. You are definitely a blessing, and I enjoy reading your posts.

So many of you ladies (and a couple gentlemen ~ lol) contribute to keeping joy in the journey, and comfort, too. Thank you.
(0)

Linda, what a blessing that you can count your blessings, even when things don't go the way you want, and like Austin, even in the rain. Love your beautiful spirits! Thanks for bringing sunshine into mine!
(0)

They were supposed to come today to dig 4 holes for a shade structure for my mom today, but didn't show because of the rain. Guess the silver lining is that I don't have to water my garden either!! So the extra free time will be spent on the computer!!! Have anice day, Austin. Thinking of you!
Linda
(0)

It is a blessing for the rain so I do not have to water my mini garden and can ignor the lawn that needs mowing
(0)

You too, SecretSister! May God watch over and between us this evening.
(1)

Amen! You have the right perspective, friend. I praise the Lord for your light. Take care and have a good rest tonight.
(0)

One of my friends always says, "If God does nothing else, He has done more than enough," referring to her life, and, mine when we both get to sharing our respective "praise stories" with each other. We share those praise stories at least once a week whenever we get together. The first time she said it, I knew exactly what she meant because it is so true of my life's journey. I would be selfish to become a chronic complainer if I stopped for one second to reflect on the many blessings in my life. A little whine and cheese party never hurts me any, but all things considered, I have nothing about which to chronically complain, nor is that the mode I choose to be in. It is an energy sapper, if nothing else. No one ever promised me a rose garden, after all.
(1)

I am counting my blessings that there is joy in the journey, and for the love and support found through these threads. God is good, and I'm praying he blesses you as I read your posts.
(0)

I like salt or ranch dressing on my celery stick LOL
(0)

Thanks Neon. I am doing a cleanse and shake and for the first time, I know it is going to work. Have 10 more lbs to go, and then everything after that is just icing on the cake, ops, I mean icing on the celery stick!
(0)

Way to go lovingdaughter, HIGH FIVE!! my blessing is still the same I am on day 39 of no cigarettes woo hoo and my son is home and a changed man so loving and caring He learned a big lesson. The weather is great, my garden is producing, VBS is over for the year but it was awesome and we had a baptisim last night a teen age girl. God is so good. I feel great am exercising I am a small person to begin with but don't want a big belly just because I am eating more I am 60 and am lifting small weights and working my inner core for strength, not a whole lot I can do for the arthritic sholders and hips but am trying to stay physically strong, already mentally strong, Dad used to say that one is head strong she makes her mind up to do something and you might as well consider it done. You go girl.
(0)

My blessing for today is that I lost 6 lbs.!!! I am finally taking the time to care for myself.
(0)

Thank you for sharing your blessing. God be praised!
(0)

I am counting my blessings that our best friend had good news today about his health. We are 2 very close families and raised our children together. So we are very happy
(0)

I am counting my blessings that God answers prayer. I have been seeking answers about my Mom's troubles for a long time. Some recent diagnosis have partially helped my understanding. I am looking forward to learning more.

I'm also thankful that God is the God of second chances, and that I can learn from my mistakes. God isn't punitive, but corrects gently. Forgiveness, grace, and restoration are wonderful gifts. Thank you, Lord!
(0)

Austin,
Don't be a stranger to us. Glad your family is around you and providing support for you. You will be in our prayers.
Linda
(0)

Neon that is good news! Austin it is good to see you if only temporarily for now.

I am grateful for God's touch in the smallest and largest of ways. Every day I count my blessings to stand still in the midst of challenges. Sometimes I can't always do it with a smile, but I can do it with the faith of a mustard seed and see how God blesses each day.

Thank you for sharing!
(0)

Neon-I am so proud of you for not smoking what a blessing-I miss not being involved so much in all your lives but will get back into the swing of things soon-the wedding was nice but am glad to be back home-my cat was not happy while I was away but he settled down quickly after I got back and has been sticking like glue to me since I am home this memorial service is getting bigger by the day even my ex-dil and her parents are coming to it- I am serving brownies and coffee after-the husband loved brownies so much so I thought that would be appropiate to do that night.
(0)

Anne Thank you so much for the reminder.
(1)

Blessings Neon! Very proud of you too, I quit smoking 17yrs ago, and because of it, I am still here. Keep up the good work, and let God do the rest.
(1)

Hip Hip Hooray for Neon. Keep up the good work!! I know how hard it is to give up smoking. So proud of you!!!

Linda
(1)

Amen
(0)

Dear Neon, so great to hear you're smoke free. From personal experience I know how not easy that can be. Just as the rain helps our gardens, so his spiritual rain cleanses us. God bless you as you minister to others. May he keep you clean and may you always shine as a bright light for Jesus!
(0)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter