Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Thanks for sharing your blessing! Love your attitude.

I am blessed to have my computer and the internet, which helps keep in touch with long distance friends, this site, and so many other practical and personal uses. I am also blessed to have a wonderful husband and son who are patient, loving and kind.
(0)

My blessing for the day has been put on the back burner since we are getting ready for a house sale! But today was a good day and I need to remember to always count my blessings.

My very dear friend is moving to the other side of the country, and I wish we had more time together, but I am glad for the time that we have had. We have been friends for 9 years and I will miss her so much!

My puppy went for a check up at the vet and she said that she is in great health. She is my little warm security blanket with so much going around me that is in turmoil. So the day was good even though so many changes are coming.
(0)

Dear lovingdaughter, hope all goes well for you in this exciting new chapter of your life. Thanks for sharing your blessing. Take care.
(0)

My blessing today is that it is raining looks like another week of it and I'm still sane
(0)

That is a blessing! One day at a time is enough : )
Carol
(0)

OK, so we changed our minds and the house is going on the market on Halloween!! My blessing is that we finally are committed, though, sometimes I feel as if I should "be committed"!! Stopped raining!!!!! Another blessing. Learning to take one day at a time. Another blessing.
Linda
(0)

OK, so today was raining and cool. But my blessing for the day is that our daughter is buying her first place. We are so proud of her and hope and pray that it all turns out well. Also, mom seems tobe in better spirits. We are putting our house on the market next spring instead of now, so we have more time! This is a blessing. Have a good night.
Linda
(0)

I have been so busy getting my life together that I have not had time to do this post. Should not put this one off! My blessing is that we realized that we wanted to wait till spring to put our house on the market and that we want a different real estate agent. Good thing we found out before we signed any contracts. That is a BIG blessing.
Have a peaceful evening!
Linda
(0)

So happy for you all have a wonderful visit and sing in the sunshine or sing in the rain whichever way it goes have wonderful days, makes lots of good memories for each other. love neon
(0)

My daughter is home . Thank God, safe and sound. She brought home the boyfriend and he seems very nice and cares deeply for her. How could I ask for anything more. Mom was so surprised and so glad to see her. Have a great day.
(0)

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter! You sound excited, and like a wonderful mommy. Will say a pray that all goes well. Thanks for sharing your blessings, and for being one.
(0)

Gee- My daily Blessing - Secret Sister, Neon, Austin, Giver girl,niki, to name a few. You have all been such help to me. Today I had a nurse come to evaluate mom for reduced price services and or free ones. Hope it pans out!! Blessing- lost 15 lbs!!!!!!!!! Biggest Blessing is that my daughter is coming home for 5 days and is bringing the boyfriend home. Have not seen her since last Christmas since she lives half way across the country. It seems very serious and we hope it makes her happy. Going to buy pumpkins tomorrow and decorate before we have to go to the airport. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. Have a great day and remember that we are all here for each other especially when the day is not to bright!
Linda
(0)

Lovingdaughter, I admire your ability to count your blessings, and have been enjoying your posts. I think you're well on your way to the blessed spirit you desire. What a great goal and vision to have. Praying your move and sale go as well, or better than you anticipate. It's encouraging to hear you are enjoying your time with friends, on holiday, and by the shore. Thanks for your reminder to enjoy the little things. You're already such a blessing...thank you!
(0)

My daily blessing. Went "down the shore" today to see my best friend and rent a storage unit. We hope our move is swift and efficient. All depends on the sale of our home. Saw my friend's 99 year old mom and that was such a blessing. She is a spirit to be admired. Hope I am as good as she is if I get to live that long.
(0)

My blessing today is that we got to go out on a holiday without mom. Had breakfast at a great cafe overlooking the Delaware River and just hung out. I need to do this more often. All of you are a blessing for me. Take time to smell the roses and appreciate the little things. Have a great day tomorrow.
Linda
(0)

Our summer was very wet it rained almost every day but the snowball bush we planted in memory of my husband at our little church is doing so great but all of the tomatoes in our area have gotten the blight but I did get some before it took over and Sat. I was invited to a birthday party for one of my friends who goes to our senior center and had a great time-I am still in transition from the passing of my husband in June but am enjoying de-cluttering my house -he was a pack rat- so have been busy-a good thing to do on labor day and it is a blessing to be very busy and am so glad I has created a life besides caregiving for myself so now I have many friends, and last week we had our 50th class reunion which I attended with my best friend from high school-so I have many blessings.
(0)

I'm chuckling. Our summer was hot, dry, and way too long and we are in an "exceptional drought" here in south Tx. However, these past few days have brought us clouds and even a little bit of rain! My bouganvilla have gorgeous blooms and the hummingbirds are keeping me entertained. The universe can sooth us if we let it. Peace to all of you.
(0)

OK, the holiday is upon us and it is time to reflect on this past summer. Ours was wet, cold and way too short. However, we did have some good weather. That is my blessing. Sat on the deck today and looked over our backyard. So sad to put the house on the market, but looking forward to a new chapter. May you all have a peaceful Labor Day and God Bless you all.
Linda
(0)

I meant to say it will be bigger than war and peace just one more week of this splint I hope this hunting and pecking is for the birds LOL
(0)

LOL I don't know about best seller but a author nonethe less. LOL

You are l such a inspiration might havve to add that to by the time I get done i will be bigger than war and peace.
(0)

Blessings- We are going to have best selling author among us. All of you are a blessing. We are strong and can cope because we have to. To me, we are double blessed. The sun is shinning and some of us see the solution to our dilemmas! That to me is a blessing.
Linda
(0)

My todays blessing.

My son and Husband are well, We have been canning from our garden. We have Jobs. My son is recuperating from his breakup in the best way. He took me out to dinner Sat night, had a grand time while husband was on the road. My thats more than one isn't it. and most of all I have all of you and you have me. Love to all neon
(0)

Today's blessing it simple. Today!! I got to have one. My friend is battling multiple myaloma ( not sure of the spelling). His "today" is never a sure thing. Going back to hospital for stem cell and chemo. Makes you wonder about all the little stuff. So, I will count my blessings too, as friends and all the supporters who I have met along the way.
Linda
(0)

Blessings......so many all around me.

Starting with each of you here, silent or loud, soft or hard, crying or laughing, angry or lonely, desparate or just plain confused and scared, lost or trapped in a realm of chaos and making each day a better one for the ones that can't.

Each post resonates a feeling, a stirring of emotions, that need to be set free like the wings on a dove soaring with the wind, that's what I am finding in my visits each time I come to AgingCare.

My blessings begin with you.
(0)

I am thankful the sun is shining today.
(0)

Loving daughter, you, as always, are a blessing to these threads. You are an encourager, and bring a breath of fresh air with you. We sometimes get stuck in the grind of daily duties, and forget that we have blessings in our lives as well. Thank you for the reminder to count our blessings, and for being a bright spot in our day!
(0)

Hey, we have not done this one lately. We have so much to be thankful for. Some of us are getting the help we need to deal with our controlling parents. Some of us are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!! And some of us are through with the journey and are getting our lives back. Sounds good to me!!!!!
(0)

This is kind of like a Dave Ramsey moment: I just want to shout! Though we are debt free, (yeah!) we are done with the accounting paperwork for our 1st annual account for Probate, for my parent's estate. What a nightmare that was. But now, I can tend to the many things we have pushed aside for so long. This Caregiving stuff is not for sissies. Thank God we can get through it, though. So now with the financial things in order, our time is freer to look after my parent's physical, emotion, social and medical needs. I'm thankful for the energy and health I have to do what needs to be done. I am also very thankful for the many people who have helped, and are helping along the way. A kind word or deed can go a long way. There's many angels on this site. Thank you!
(0)

Thanks so much secretsister and anyone else who has a mind to. sometimes we get so involved in taking care of our elders we forget that the extended family of youngsters need us to. my love to all who have compassion for the infirm.
(1)

Will be praying, Neon.
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter