Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Smehque,

Wonderful answer! I have to agree that of any biblical person, first and foremost is Jesus Christ.

My pastor gave a heart warming sermon on how Jesus is indeed divine because he is the son of God and our savior.

He went onto say that we must never forget that he was also 100 percent human as He walked this earth, being born through a mother, Mary just like we are born from our mothers and felt all the human emotions that we feel. I love that.

I love that you picked King David and the apostle, Paul.

As a child we learned about Abraham in religion class, how God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son. Only as an adult did I begin to understand the amount of faith it took for Abraham to be obedient to God.

So I feel blessed to have an example such as Abraham to show us how to be obedient in the toughest of circumstances.

Years ago a friend invited me to a dinner with fellowship and music at her Baptist Church, held specifically for women. I met her at the Baptist preschool that our children attended.

She sings and plays the guitar beautifully. She was also the guest speaker but I had no idea what she would speak about.

Her topic was on ‘The woman at the well.’ She explained that at one time in her life she was very much like the woman at the well and how Jesus changed her life. She went forth and shared an amazing testimony. So for me I think ‘the woman at the well’ represents hope and the mercy of Christ. We are forgiven.

We are blessed and inspired by others.
(4)

NHWM- that is a wonderful question.
My number one answer would be Jesus. It still amazes me that our God and King, left his throne in perfectness and came to this sinful earth and willing because of such matchless love, sacrificed his life for ours. So that we could have the hope of salvation, when obedient. He showed such humbleness and love, and was in all things obedient. He is Love. He was willing to tell others truth, even though it meant ridicule, mockery, and death. The greatest ever and will always be.

King David- He loved God, and was very in touch with his feelings and when he sinned he knew it was against God and he was so sorrowful when he did sin. Yet he did his best to be obedient to God and to sing God's praises. He knew that even in times of hardship, that God was in charge and He knew that God would work all things for his good if he were obedient.

The Apostle Paul- Once he learned truth, he never looked back. He turned his passion for wrong into passion for Jesus. He was so bold and courageous in telling others the truth, and it did not matter what he had to go through, whether prison, beating and stonings or whatever it be.

There are so many others but these are the ones that provoked me, to not fear speaking truth. To always be thankful and praise God in all circumstances, and to trust God, to absolutely know that HE is in control. I want people to love Jesus, not because of fear of going to hell, I want them to love Jesus because of the great love HE has for us and what HE did to prove it, when HE did not owe it us. I would love the boldness and courage that Paul had. And King David, he speaks sometimes what I feel in my heart.

Sorry so long.

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1 John 3:18
(6)

Smeshque,

Been meaning to ask you if there is one specific person in the Bible that spoke to your heart that helped you have the passion you have for ministering/witnessing to others, please everyone can join in to answer this. If you can’t pick just one, what’s your top three? Male and female. Please share why.

Thanks.
(1)

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Revelation 14:13
(4)

KKnoxville Jean,

Praise The Lord. I am always so inspired to hear how believers deal with the separation of their loved ones.

May The Lord grant you peace and joy during this time.

May HE bless you exceeding abundantly.
(2)

After caring for my husband for twenty-seven months, he passed away while he was sleeping a month ago. Some women say they "lost" their husband, but I didn't lose my husband. I know where he is. He's in heaven with the Lord. He was ready to go and I was ready to let him go. Being a caregiver is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I am thankful for the time that we had together. We were married for 65 years and now I am alone. But I am not alone because God is with me. I am thankful for the support that I received from this page and I do count my blessings!
(6)

My blessing was that my hospitalized husband (going on six weeks) is out of the geriatric psych unit and on a medical floor. He was comfortable and chuckling away yesterday. He even looked up at the TV when I told him Tom Brady was on.
(6)

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psalms 100:4

1. This is the day, this is the day
that the Lord has made,
that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice, we will rejoice
and be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day
that the Lord has made.

2. Open to us, open to us
the gates of God,
the gates of God;
we will go in, we will go in
and praise the Lord, and praise the Lord.
Open to us the gates of God;
we will go in and praise the Lord.
Open to us, open to us
the gates of God.

3. You are our God, you are our God;
we will praise your name,
we will praise your name;
we will give thanks, we will give thanks
for your faithfulness, for your faithfulness.
You are our God; we will praise your name;
we will give thanks for your faithfulness.
You are our God, you are our God;
we will praise your name.
(0)

Smeshque,

I think journaling can be very helpful. We can track our emotions and indeed see areas of growth or areas where we are ‘stuck’ and need to improve.
(2)

NHWM-
All thanks be to God.
It is always such encouragement to see how the Lord brought others through struggles in life. I use to keep a journal since childhood (havent written since my caregiving journey began), In my adult years I would look back every several months and see how I was struggling with something and then see how God worked in my life and got me through it. I could also see areas of growth within myself.

I haven been really focused on the book of James lately, not sure why, but my goal in life would be to write as much of God's word in my heart, I figure if I can get as much as possible written in my heart it will flow forth from my mouth. Because what comes out of our mouths is from our hearts.
But I have begun to write James in my heart, and I have the first chapter down. And in that chapter is so much I have learned and am thankful for. One is that the trying of our faith worketh patience. I am beginning to understand why that is. And I see the truth of those words manifesting in my life.
So for that this day I am thankful and count as a great blessing.

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
James 1:3-4
(4)

Thanks smeshque for starting this post. It reminds me of the testimony book in our adoration chapel.

I love reading through that book. I’m amazed at the transformation in people’s lives, whether they are big or small changes. Even small changes are important. God makes a difference in our lives.

I have read from the testimony book in my chapel and I have written my own testimony in it. We also have a prayer requests book and I am also amazed at the needs of others. I have prayed for those needs and again I have written my own prayer requests in that book.

Anyway, it’s nice to have a special page on this forum like this one.
(4)

I thank the Lord for what he did this day for Brother Red. It could have been a sorrowful day yet HE allowed us all joy.

Psalms 107:8
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
(3)

Lord, thank you for the blessing of a loving earthly father, in addition to a loving heavenly father. You knew in my weakness that I needed both, and so in your providence provided both. Lord, I praise you for your care for your children both here and when we come to live with you forever! We are never fatherless with you.
(1)

I too am thankful for the blessing of a nice day.

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Hebrews 13:15
(2)

Thank You Lord for making it through another day and for me not losing my temper today!
(5)

Thank you Lord for always being by my side. Thank You for Your favor and anointing over my life and thank You Lord for the job.

Most of all, just thank You for being my God, my Savior and thank You for being You. I am so pleased that You always take care of Your children even when we feel we don't deserve it. I am grateful that You love me so...
(5)

It was a nice evening here. We had a nice breeze and had a bonfire this evening. We all sat outside and just enjoyed the peace and quiet, and the beauty of Gods creations.
I am thankful.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
James 1: 12
(5)

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Revelation 5:13
(4)

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17

Sounds lovely NHWM. :)
Nothing trivial in being thankful for things. :)
(3)

This may sound trivial to some but I am counting my blessings for being able to soak in the tub for a whole hour! Water is soothing. It feels like a warm hug and I recently heard on a medical report that a hot bath can even reduce blood pressure. All I know is that the stress in life causes us to tense up and a nice hot bath helps.

I even lit a candle that my daughter gave to me and streamed music on my phone. It was glorious to unwind for awhile.

Tomorrow will be a day out with hubby. Just the two of us. I feel like a teenager again. It’s been ages! We both deserve it.
(6)

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.

So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Refrain:
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.

"Count your blessings"
 Johnson Oatman Jr
(4)

I want to count my blessings...

I am blessed by this forum

I am blessed with a wonderful husband and children

I am blessed with good friends

I am blessed with learning to adjust to new circumstances
(6)

One day, I was walking alone in the park, trying to distress from the inherent stressors of Caregiving...
I was breathing in the fresh air and noticing all nature’s beauty around me: the sound of the water in the little brook, the birds visiting trees,..
I challenged myself to count 100 blessings. It was hard at first but if has become easier over time.
*** I do not take anything for granted
***and I am also thankful for anything bad I do not have...
I remembered reading on a plaque I have at home, on my kitchen wall.
It reads:
” Count your blessings. THE ONES YOU HAVE SHARED...”
Wow! A more difficult challenge for me, but a very valuable one, as we are reminded to give from the heart and make a difference in someone else’s life.
May God strengthen all of us,
through giving and receiving many blessings🙏
(6)

“Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.”
Romans 12:14
(4)

Today I am thankful for my sister-in-law. Not only did she stay with her mom (in our house) while we were on vacation last week, she has kept up the caregiving since we got home 2 days ago. I was able to unpack and do lots of laundry while she tended to her mom. Right now I am relaxing on the couch with my hubby while SIL is in with mom. 😊😁what a blessing!!
(8)

Had a good day of worship and two very good lessons, to provoke thought and study.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
(3)

Whosoever Meaneth Me

I am happy today, and the sun shines bright,
The clouds have been rolled away;
For the Savior said, whosoever will
May come with Him to stay.

All my hopes have been raised, oh, His Name be praised,
His glory has filled my soul;
I’ve been lifted up, and from sin set free,
His blood has made me whole.

Oh, what wonderful love, oh, what grace divine,
That Jesus should die for me;
I was lost in sin, for the world I pined,
But now I am set free.

Refrain:
“Whosoever” surely meaneth me,
Surely meaneth me, oh, surely meaneth me;
“Whosoever” surely meaneth me,
“Whosoever” meaneth me.

J. Edwin McConnel
(3)

Thank you. You are right. It is stressful being a caregiver, but there are things to be thankful for and blessings, too.
(4)

Sunshine In my Soul

There's Sunshine in my soul today
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly skies
For Jesus is my light

A carol to the King
And Jesus listening can hear
The songs I cannot sing

For when the Lord is near
The dove of peace sings in my heart
The flowers of grace appear

There's Sunshine in my Soul today
And hope and peace and love
For blessings which HE gives me now
For joys "laid up" above.

Refrain

O, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll
When Jesus shows HIS smiling face
there is Sunshine in my soul

E.E. Hewitt
(4)

Mary- congrats on the vacation. Enjoy!

I am so thankful for the cooler weather we had this day. It was lovely.
I got Mom a jitterbug phone with the super big numbers and easy to use, she likes it and it seems like it will work out great for her. Her other phone kept messing up, so I asked her if she wanted a jitterbug, she said yes and it came today. I am so glad she likes it, I was worried.

The Lord is good to us.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Hebrews 13:8
(7)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter