Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Pam I am so happy you had such a good blessing to share. What a joy.
(0)

My Aunt has been visiting my mom and us all week, and we have had a great week! Mom is happier ( bad month for us, dad passed in Feb 2 years ago) and they are both enjoying the time together, and all the little trips we have done and mom is eating like an almost normal person! Even got hubs to visit MIL today ( first time since Christmas) and they had moved her to another part of the MC.. she looked pretty good!
(1)

You are so right Ginger. It is refreshing to escape from the negatives, even if only for a moment, to focus on positives and be thankful. I am sure we all know, it could be worse.Are animals are quite sweet to have. The blessings other than just breath, that I count this day, is that I am able through Jesus. Able to do and get through.Much love to all my fellow caregivers, past, present,future.
(0)

Thanks for this positive thread. My blessing today is my darling 12-year-old rescue cat who greets me at the door when I come home. It's easy to let the negativity and stress be what sets my overall mood. It's a bit of self-care to take a moment for remembering the goodness. Ahh, I feel better.
(1)

polarbear I stumbled here as well, a short time ago, and isn't it helpful? I am glad you found it too.
(2)

I'm thankful I somehow stumbled onto this AgingCare website a few months back and 'met' a lot of caring people who are willing to share their experience and give advice. I was alone and overwhelmed, but now I find company and support. Thank you all.
(5)

Thank you snoopy you too. Counting my blessings this day. Everyone has thus far not gotten flu, sunshine was lovely this day, and my seeds have started sprouting in the greenhouse. Hope all you have stopped to smell the roses.(metaphorically speaking)
(1)

As Valentine's Day winds down here in the Pacific Time zone, best wishes to all the caregivers on this forum.
(0)

cdn thank you for counting your blessings with all of us. And thank you for your kind comment.
Hope you had a lovely day!
(0)

Dear smeshque,

Thank you for your positivity.

Grateful to be able to buy food today and have a job to go to.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! I hope everyone has a good day.
(2)

O, daughter that is so lovely. What a nice surprise blessing. Makes me smile thinking how joyful that was for you.
Mary, I am so happy that you have a good sis, and things worked together for your good. Brings me joy that you had some sprinkles of blessings.
I am thankful for making it through the day, with minimal hardships.
May God bless you all. I am so happy you share. It also is a blessing to me.
(3)

I am thankful for my sister who calls me almost every day and listens without judgment. I am thankful my MiL adjusted her shower schedule and accepted my help after dinner instead of her usual 5AM. I am thankful for the aide who stayed with her so I could go to church on Sunday. I am thankful for little flower shoots that promise spring is coming.
(3)

My 87 year old dad had someone other than me take him to the store. He mailed me and my college daughters Valentines cards along with gift cards. Totally unexpected and very sweet surprise!
(4)

Warm comfy bed seems to be a nice blessing for most. Rest is another.
I am thankful this day for more sunshine, everyone's healthy as possible, and halfway through being done with doing taxes.
May God bless,
(3)

I see several folks mentioned their beds -- my warm, cozy bed with cute flannel sheets is one of my favorite blessings, along with sleep. Off to enjoy it now!
(3)

Gershun your Mom sounds like mine. Cuddly cats sounds like entertainment
Cdn great company and BBQ I hope you enjoyed. BBQ is yummy
Midkid I hope your 14 blessings kept you smiling all evening and then some.
LVN I also am thankful to God for patience. Just know this that tribulation worketh patience; and patience ,experience, and experience,hope: And hope maketh not ashamed;
You all bring me such joy I am so happy that you share your blessings, in doing so you bless me. So I count all of you as a blessing to me this day.
(3)

Thank G-d i have patience. And thank G-d for helping me and providing for me
(3)

Grandkids coming over for dinner. Hilarity will ensue. (I have 14 blessings!!)
(5)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the gentle reminders of what we do have. I am so grateful for this community.

Had a lovely Saturday night with friends enjoying Texas style BBQ. Great company and food.
(2)

I'm grateful that I have a warm bed to sleep in every night. Two cuddly cats, that I always have something to eat, a roof over my head.

My Mom used to always say, even at the worst times in her life, "I'm so blessed"
(6)

send help I am glad you see more blessings each day. Cwillie, I agree all of that is a blessing for all of us. I too am so grateful for those things, however we heat our home by woodstove, so I am grateful we have the woods to continue having heat. We only harvest what is already down. Each time we go get wood I thank the Lord that he gave us the abundance of it each year to have heat. I am so happy you all have been counting your blessings. We get so busy sometimes we forget to thank God for all he gives us. Press on everyone.
(6)

Central heating, indoor plumbing, electricity and all the appliances that are powered by it, the internet and agingcare, abundant and affordable food, a warm and comfortable bed at night and a country that will look after me when I'm old no matter how little money I have left (if all the older the baby boomers don't bankrupt us first)....
(6)

3, 4, 5, 6
(1)

1, 2.....
(1)

Cdn sorry about all the snow shoveling, consider it a bonus workout. Yay on the coffee.
Shane Your right our blessings are right before our eyes in even the next breath we take.
Thank you all for blessing my day. Enjoy all your blessings this day.
Today I am blessed with sunshine, (sorry cdn)going to soak it in with yard work.Tomorrow freezing.Brrr!
May God bless you through Jesus.
I will keep you in my prayers.
(4)

I am all for this smeshque! I am certain we won’t have too look far for the little blessings we get daily either. 
Nice way to begin the day!
Thank you
(2)

Dear smeshque,

Thank you so much for starting this thread and for your blessings. I'm glad you noticed your patience was getting better. I really struggled with that when I was caring for my dad.

We had a big snowfall and I was hating all the shoveling. But I was blessed to make it to work in one piece and I even won a free coffee.
(5)

Gershun, exactly where I got it, we still sing that song. I was singing it today(not out loud), but made me start thinking how we go through our busy and hectic days, and sometimes forget to count our blessings and be thankful True it will surprise you what the Lord does when one takes a bit to truly see.
(5)

Reminds me of a song we used to sing in Church. Count your blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!
(10)

Sounds lovely Snoopy.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter