Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Made it through another day! God is Great!
(1)

This is a true blessing.
"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."
1 John 3:1
(1)

Thank you Snoopy I am glad you had a nice walk. I hope it was refreshing. Its always nice to have a walk around.

I am grateful for a warm place on this cold day.
God is Good!
(2)

That sounds great, Smeshque! I admire your ability to really get a lot out of sermons. Obviously it stands you in good stead. :)

Today was a blessed day. Didn't get out of the house until early evening when I was able to go for a brisk walk around the neighborhood. Lots of stars and a beautiful small lighted cross up in the hills that has been there for as long as I can remember. It's nice to walk along the road and see it peeking through the trees, above the roofs of houses.
(2)

Good day today. Good sermons, one on It was on Most people know Jesus as the Christ, and the Saviour, but how many people remember or know HIM as our LORD.
And do we understand in biblical time the relationship of a servant and their Lord or master.
It really makes me think, how much as a servant do I do for my LORD.
And a great reading in Hebrews 10-13 Hebrews is a wonderful book on faith, then going into James about how to activate our faith.
Good and edifying day.
May God bless you all.
(2)

That's lovely Snoopy, it must have been so beautiful and refreshing.

I too consider it a great blessing, to walk, look and breathe,
Continue counting. May God bless!
(3)

I got to go out for a short hike today in beautiful local park. The grass and leaves were so green that they looked computer-enhanced! And there a few hints of wildflowers here and there. A true blessing to be able to walk and look and breathe.
(3)

Nice sunny day. Got to enjoy yard work. So many red birds this evening. Everyone is healthy. Everyday God is Good and God is Good everyday.
(1)

That's great snoopy. Sounds refreshing. I am glad you see the benefit of regular attendance, not only do you get blessed by being there, but your presence is edifying to those around you. I believe that's why Hebrews 11:25 is so Important. I am happy you had a good day.
I too had a good worship, and sermons.
3 questions were put forth in 2 sermons.
Who are you? What do you want?
If Jesus wrote you a letter as he did the 7 churches in Revelations, what would he say about you?
May God bless you.
(2)

I was blessed by another great sermon at church this evening. My dad has always gone to church, never would miss it until his accident, so now that I take care of him i always go too instead of being, shall we say, a bit more relaxed in my church attendance. It's old school but I can really see the benefit in weekly attendance for me, better than just private reading, devotions, etc. Tonight the pastor continued an interesting sermon series about the Sermon on the Mount, people around us were particularly friendly and nice, and we saw someone we knew who joked around with us. It was, in short, a blessing.
(2)

I am glad the stress is off of you Mally,

I am blessed this day, with all my needs met by the Lord.
(2)

My mom called tonight and finally said that if it is necessary to put her in a NH, she will go and not complain - an absolute miracle! We're praying it doesn't happen, but the stress is off, and that's a God thing.
(2)

Beautiful Sunshine today.
(0)

I am blessed this day, Mom had a good dr.s visit.. She is doing well. Took her to get her hair fixed. We had a very nice day. Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(2)

Thank you snoopy it has been such a blessing and she likes it. We do hope to help others with it as well.
Polarbear, I understand. I take my Mom several times a day for rides. Seems soothing to her. I cannot tell you the amount of gas a week. But, I will do it as long as she enjoys it. We live so far away from her family and friends, I too wish there was someone who would spend a little time with her for a bit. I am so glad that you got that this day. I do hope it turns into a regular thing for you.
SuzeeQ, you are so right, about things being sweeter after so much sour. I am so happy you have that friendship. It is definately hard to maintain friendships in our line of duty.
I am blessed when I have a moment and get to come here and read all your posts that you share.
you are lovely people and I appreciate you.
May God bless!
(2)

I met a friend for dinner the other day. I’ve known her nearly all my life. Through all of the losses that’ve occurred in my family the last few years, I’ve lost a few ‘friends’ as well. As it turns out, not everyone wants to be around you when you’re grieving, try as I might to hide it. Her steadfast friendship to me stood in stark contrast to those other relationships. I can’t remember feeling so grateful for someone’s companionship. It really touched me. I’m certain I never would’ve appreciated this relationship to this extent had I not incurred so many other losses. So, I guess that is the silver lining in all of this death and disease. When something good comes along, it is that much sweeter.
(6)

My mom constantly asks me to take her out. I take her out twice a day to run errands or just to drive around. But I am getting tired of her clinging on to me all day, and telling me the same things way too many times each day.
Today, I've asked an acquaintance to take her out for a couple of hours to give me a break. I was nervous that my mom wouldn't agree to go with someone she didn't remember knowing. But she did agree to go. I am really happy. Hopefully this can continue a couple of times a week as that's all I can afford to pay. But a rest is a rest, and I am thankful for that.
(6)

That is fantastic, Smeshque! We love our modified van that we can roll my dad's power wheelchair right into. It is an incredible blessing. And now with your new vehicle you can bless some other people with it as well -- nice!
(4)

We were blessed this day with a new transport vehicle. More comfortable for my Mom, and we can help some of the elderly folks we know with rides.
(2)

LVKDRA- Hallelujah, your truck repairs were not what was expected. God is good. I am sorry for the lady and will be praying for her and you. I am so sad that there isn't live in help available for her.
Again my prayers are with you and her, and May God help all of you through this difficult time. I hope the facility you visit will be to her liking and she will not be afraid. Maybe she will meet a potential friend.
May God bless! Please do let me know how it goes.
(4)

Yes, May God Bless You All !!! Very Abundantly !!! I had a Blessing this past week. What we were afraid could become an 800 to 1200 $ truck repair turned into 'tightening a few loose bolts', and was done for free of any charge. That was a Very Big Blessing.
The 94 year young lady that I care for who has guardian/conservators who live out of state is going for a visit to a NH that is about 30 miles from where she lives. Her other care giver & I will accompany her to see the place and visit someone else who is already there. Her folks want us to 'sniff the place out' so to speak. The thing is, I am not to sure how she will feel about that ....., this 'so called visit' is sort of a 'planned rouse' ---- so we can see how she reacts to the place and whether or not it is a possible place for her to eventually be re located to. For over 16 months we have been trying to locate 'live in' type help for her. And all attempts have been unsuccessful thus far. Not surprising because we live in a low population county at 9000' altitude and we all are far off the beaten track. Anyhow, I am asking for prayers that she stay calm and not be frightened at the possible prospects. This is just to see and inspect - not to make a move just yet, but we the caregivers know it will be coming by sometime this spring/summer. The lady has vision impairment & memory/fear issues. She tends to pull on the skin around her fingernails when she is worried and spooked. Every little bump on her self becomes picked on when she is nervous. Many times I tell her to trust God, who has kept her living for 94 years, and from so many other dangers.
(5)

Sue, you are right we take a lot for granted. We rarely thank God for a glass of water. When some have no clean water to drink.
I am glad you get that warm shower it helps. Summer will be here before you know it.
May God bless all of you.
(2)

There are no heaters in homes in Mexico. I live in Tijuana and it's been cold in the house (58*) for the last few days. Even though I wear long underwear and sweats, pile on the blankets while I watch TV or type on the computer, I'm still cold.

My blessing (that I often thank the Lord for while I'm doing it) is a hot shower. There's nothing that can warm you up as quick and feel so good. As I luxuriate under the warm drops, I often think of people who aren't as fortunate as to have hot water, clean water or even running water. We take a lot for granted.

The next blessing is an electric blanket! ;)
(3)

Treeartist, I am happy you got to enjoy bike riding, I too enjoy that. The first mow of the season, the smell of fresh mowed grass, I like it.
Sunnygirl, I do hope you get to go to church tomorrow and receive all the food your soul can handle. It is always such a boost to get a compliment from strangers. I too think its a nice little gift from above.
The sharing of blessings with you all is a blessing to me as well.
I thank the Lord, for the nice sunshine this day. That I got to do some planting and work in the greenhouse. And he is blessing the veggies to grow.
(3)

This thread is quite a blessing. I sure enjoy reading it.

I missed church last Sunday due to a huge work project, so I hope to get my blessing there tomorrow. It feels like when I go, even though, I like to hang around the house in my jammies and watch the Sunday news/politics shoss, I get such a blessing and food for my soul.

And, I completed my work project and that is a great blessing.

AND, this may sound petty, but, while I was out today, 3 strangers told me how beautiful I was!!  Two were people at the MC unit and one was a guy in Walmart.....but, still.  I was overwhelmed. I mean.....I'm not as young as I used to be. I think the Lord has a way of giving us that little boost of confidence, just when we really need it. I'm counting my blessings. lol
(3)

How many times has “Counting my blessings” saved me from a bout of feeling sorry for myself. And it is so wonderful to have Someone to give thanks to! I am grateful today for trees trimmed and first lawn mowing of the season, and I was able to hire someone to do it! I am grateful for being able to ride my bike on this crisp, beautiful day where the light sparkles on the new growth.
(3)

Celebrate Ginger, celebrate!! What a wonderful blessing. We rejoice with you.
(2)

GingerMay, that is wonderful news! Enjoy the celebration.
(1)

Blessed that my husband's bi-monthly cancer screen was negative today. Many of us here are caregivers to more than 1 loved one. Tonight we're celebrating.
(2)

I agree snoopy laughter is priceless, such good medicine. A blessing in enduring times.
God is Good.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter