Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Please say your prayers for the community of Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada. There was a horrific accident. The junior hockey team's bus collided with a semi. Fifteen people were killed. The youngest only 16 years old. The community of Humboldt is very small. Population is only 6000 people.
(5)

Smeshque, how nice that your mom had a visit from an old friend! I had a day full of blessings: finally finished my taxes and got a few other bookkeeping tasks done, beautiful weather after a rainstorm finished blowing through, an especially good sermon at church this evening. And a couple of slices of hot pizza picked up from the supermarket on the way home! Lots to be thankful for.
(2)

SUNSHINE!!! cold but SUNSHINE!!!
plants survived freeze.
(1)

Today was a good day. An old friend of my Moms was traveling cross country and stopped to visit Mom. They had a few hours of visit before she had to continue on. They cried, laughed and had a good talk. What a blessing for my Mom, and in turn for me because she was blessed.
Plus got some baby chicks. I love baby anythings. Well mostly anything.:)
(2)

Been taking elderly couple from church, from AL to lunch on Tues. and Thurs.
We laughed a lot today. Was quite nice.
(2)

Send I really like that last comment. Very much
(2)

CDN,
If things really do happen in threes, it's all covered by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(3)

Thank you Send for your encouragement to others.
Very refreshing.
(3)

Cdn I am so glad car is OK. I hope the sunshine helps lift your spirit.
Sometimes when things are trying it feels so overwhelming. Hang in there and know you are a blessing to us.
Much love and prayers for you.
(2)

Dear Send,

Thank you, my friend. I am always so grateful to the folks on this forum. It has been my cyber family and in many ways better than my own real life family. I appreciate your support so much.

About the car its okay.:-) We've had a rough winter and I feel like bad things are happening in threes with me.

Thank you again for all your kindness. Very grateful for you.
(2)

Cdn,
Glad you came to your senses and reached out!

Let me know how your car turns out. Cars can get tricky when spring arrives.
(2)

I was feeling sorry for myself and decided to check out this thread again.

SnoopyLove good of you to get your dad out for Easter service.

Thankful for a beautiful day with sunshine and blue skies. And hopefully a working car but we'll see what the mechanic says.:-)
(2)

Snoopy I am glad you plowed through the difficulties and made it to service. I am glad you enjoyed that blessing. At least it wasn't your favorite shoes. And I am so happy everything turned out fine.
We are having a crazy cold day, however at least the sun shone today, that was a blessing. But the wind was upwards of 30 miles per hour. Going to get really cold overnight had to try and protect our plants, this was unexpected.

DH spoke on, What are our idols? What keeps us or interferes with our worship to God? It was very good. And thought provoking.
(1)

Smeshque, that is great! How wonderful to be married to a preacher. What did he preach on regarding Easter?

Easter service was a blessing and we all enjoyed it. It was a bit of a struggle getting my dad ready to go to a morning service (usually we go Saturday evening but had a family dinner that night) and there was even a freaky last minute leg bag urine spill that ruined a pair of shoes (that I didn't really care for anyway!) but everything turned out fine in the end.

Hoping for warmer weather for those in the snowy areas.
(1)

It was a rough day, and the weather was blah! and cold.
I still see many blessings in it. And I am grateful to our God for all His love.

“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;”
Colossians 3:23
(1)

Oh I had a great blessing this day. My husband gave his very first sermon. Oh it was amazing. I have been praying so hard for him this last week.
And the Lord really worked in him this day. He has grown in wisdom and knowledge and it just poured right out of his heart. Oh it was so wonderful. I am so proud of him, and the work the Lord is doing in him.
God is Great!
(1)

I'm very excited about Easter. I went out grocery shopping and a few other errands today and other people were wishing people "Happy Easter", even in our very secular area. There's a happiness that can't be denied. Hope we all feel it in abundance on Sunday (or Saturday, if that's when you're attending services). 

And if you can't physically go to church for Easter, may you enjoy Jesus coming to you...
(1)

HE LIVES!!!!
(0)

Got to work in the greenhouse and sew a bit.
(0)

Hey snoopy! I hope you are feeling the blessings these days! Hope you have a great week also.
(0)

Hooray for completed taxes and glimpses of sunshine! They are blessings for sure. I am hoping everyone is getting ready for Easter blessings, whatever may be happening.
(2)

Didn't get absolutely anything on my list done, but was blessed to be able to bestow love upon some people who desperately needed it. So great day!
(0)

Thank you CDN.
Hang in there snow will go away soon.
Happy Easter to you and yours.
Much prayers and love
(0)

Dear smeshque,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you got your taxes done. Its always nice to get those out of the way.:-)

Very happy for blue skies and sunshine this week. We've had a lot of snow this winter and its wearing me down a bit.

Take care everyone! Wishing you all a very Happy Easter!!! With much love and hugs.
(0)

Rain for potatoes.
(1)

PS. HALLELUJAH I just finished our federal taxes and got them filed. State is easy. YAY!!!!! I have been dreading and putting off, finally got my receipts in order and just did it until I was done. Sorry I am just so happy that is out of my way for another year.
(3)

Greatest blessing of all, Jesus Christ died for us that we can have forgiveness of sins. The ultimate, perfect sacrifice on our behalf. What great love.
(3)

Cdn,
I am so happy you had a nice dinner with sister and nephew, that is a good blessing. You are right, It is very tough to have a bright outlook with so much sadness in the world around us.
But I am blessed by people like you, and so thankful that you are in this world.
(1)

Dear smeshque,

Thank you for your positivity! It's so hard to believe that Easter is around the corner. I was blessed to have a nice dinner with my nephew and sister tonight. Trying very hard to keep a brighter outlook with so much sad news in the world.
(1)

Sunshine, birds, everyone's safe, another day to try and do better. I am blessed with the loved bestowed upon me by our Lord. I am blessed to have this community of people on AC.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter