Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Smeshque thank you for sharing the verse from Joshua 1:9- that verse has given me encouragement during many difficult times over the years. And I needed it again today! Thanks for sharing and thanks be to God.
(2)

Felt it was time to share my blessings again, but first, I hope and wish all of you, moms and children, had a wonderful Mother’s Day!! And I can see you did based on your comments:)

Also, I would like to count as one special blessing today to be able to learn from people like you Dusti22, who had an stroke... but still has the willingness (and the health!) to come here and share with us your blessings!
May I just point out that in things like this is where we can see God very clearly? May He continue blessing you Dusti, and us!

Now about my other blessings today, well very rough day for my mom (very tough dental work when she is also feeling bad in other aspects) and when she has an extra rough day I do too, BUT! I have to recognize the blessings gifted to me today: I’m here with her, able to hold her hand when she is going through difficult times, able to take care of her, even if I don’t do it remotely perfectly, even if I lack patience when I wish I had all the patience in the world.

Also blessed because after the dental work, she wanted to come with me to the supermarket, and although she wasn’t feeling good she was kind of into shopping and I cannot help but thinking after all we have gone through, her specially, having dealt with cancer and being 83, she still has the will, the strength to go to the supermarket with me! that show us that God is also in the small things..because He knows that for us they are big...!
(3)

Snoopy-laughter, good food, and time outside, make for a great time!

Pam- So glad about your BP. Hope when Mom and Aunt will not raise it.

Dusti- Yikes a stroke, glad you are doing better, and that you look for the good during difficult times!

I am so blessed today that after a few days, of feeling so run down I am finally starting to feel better
May God bless you all in your lives as needed.

“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
Joshua 1:9
(1)

I am counting my blessings....After another minor stroke (TIA) yesterday, in the wee hours of the morning, I am doing well and can take care of our 4 legged "babies". Though I can't go to see my honey today at the hospital, I am thankful for being able to talk with him even though I know he is disappointed. He is where he is safe and has great care and staff that cares about him. He has taken a few steps backward regarding the edema, but he has not given up. We have a roof over our head, food in our stomachs and will face whatever comes up. Yes there are many blessings here and many things to be thankful for. Have a great night everyone!
(4)

I went to the Dr yesterday and my BP is the lowest it has been in 3 years.. and may I mention my Mom and Aunt have been away for 5 weeks? My dr was laughing about this.. and so was I .. sort of! They are really no problem ( Mom lives here full time and Aunt for a week every 6 weeks) but the proof is in the pudding as they say! They come back next week... I will try to keep my "mellow" going!
(3)

Lots of blessings today, too many to count. Some laughter, some good food, some time outside, my Dad was tired but enjoying some sports on TV. Thanks, Lord!
(1)

CDN- Happy Mothers Day to you also. Hope you enjoyed your dinner!!

Blessed to Still have a Mom as some don't. :(
My heart goes out to all those that have lost theirs.
I feel it on Fathers day, missing my Dad so much!
So much love to all this day and every!
(0)

Happy Mother's Day!

I am grateful I was able to bring flowers to my grandmother at the cemetery. And also to have a nice dinner tonight with my sisters and mother.

Thinking of you all.
(2)

So happy, My Mom had a nice day. Today we did Mothers Day. Breakfast Out, gifts,Day trip to state park, picnic. Was a good scenic drive. She had a good time and I am worn out. But blessed, so blessed!
(2)

searg- congrats! on retirement. And the time you will get to spend with Mom is precious and so glad you get to. It is always nice to be refreshed by good friends. You have been blessed!

Istusc- Hope your Mothers day will be wonderful and Congrats! on the first grandchild! It is a blessing also to have a daughter in law you love. I hope you will be able to relax on your much needed days a way, and yay 5 days away.

You all have blessed me with joy, knowing how you have been blessed!

“I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.”
Psalms 108:3
(2)

Mother’s Day weekend and my daughter, SIL and grandog will be out. Yes,I’m blessed. I don’t feel that way too much, but there are good things in my life. The best of which is the coming of our first grandchild into our family from the best daughter in the world.
Blessed with 5 days away starting Monday with a bunch of friends for the first time in years. I need to re-learn how to relax.
(5)

I am grateful that after 25 years I will be retiring end of this month. only 8 working days to go. I am grateful that I will then be able to spend Moms' last few months with her and see that she is made comfortable and much loved. I am grateful that I finally was able to get together for a couple of hours with a group of friends that give me much love and support. I am grateful for this site that allows me to express my feelings without ridicule or judgment.
(2)

Snoopy- thank you. And I am so happy your dinner went well. So glad your worries turned out to be nothing. I know when Dad enjoys that makes your enjoyment so much more.

cdn- Time does fly. So glad you will be together and enjoying a good meal. Have a wonderful day!!

I am blessed, with each new day to try and do better, than the one before.

May God bless and keep you all.

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
(1)

I can't believe its Mother's Day weekend already. I don't know where the time goes. I am grateful that will be together and enjoy a good meal.
(1)

Dusti, glad to hear about the grocery shopping. Sounds like your store has a good system to make getting groceries less of a chore.

Smeshque, so glad the difficult day has ended and He has been there every step of the way.

Today I had a blessed day with a lovely dinner with some relatives in town. My dad enjoyed it so much. Little worries I had about this and that turned out to be nothing. Thanks, Lord!
(3)

Good news and blessings Dusti, so glad for you. I am glad you had a good day, as I know there has been a few struggles for you. So I am very glad you were blessed this day, I hope it refreshes you some.

I am blessed and thankful that the Lord brought me through a difficult day.
(4)

I am counting my blessings today. My honey seems to be doing pretty good today. Cleared it with his cardiologist to start him on vitamins and checked with pharmacy to make sure that there would be no interactions with his his meds. (very important) And we are good to go. Our 4 legged "babies" are doing good.

My sight is no worse today and I was able to order groceries for us. (our grocery store has Click List so I am able to order the groceries online, pay for them and then pick them up later in the day.) Having to stay to a tight budget, but at least we will not go hungry. So I definitely feel very blessed.
(4)

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
(4)

Snoopy- it always feels good getting organized, and a clean house. Glad you were able to get er done. ;)
Dusti- hope you get an appointment and that something can be done. I understand how scary that can feel. Will be praying for you. Hang in there.

Mama- Praise the Lord for their safe return. So glad to hear.

Blessed to have visited some elderly church members.she fell and thank the Lord nothing broke, but she is pretty sore, has to use wheelchair. He is so worried. I hope we were able to be a distraction for them for a bit.

May God bless you, and keep you.
(3)

My parents just returned safely from a long road trip. Tired but satiated.
Blessed Be!
(2)

Thanks Snoopy and smeshque (smile). My eyesight scares me as I went totally blind with cataracts a few years ago so since my sight has started fading again it scares me. Have to set up an appointment with my eye doctor as soon as I can. But overall I am very blessed and thankful for each day.
(2)

Lots of blessings today: I was able to clean house and do a bit of organizing. Gorgeous weather outside.

Dusti: hooray for eyesight! Glad to hear yours is OK. Keep eating your carrots! ;)
(1)

Snoopy and Dusti- I am so happy that ya'll have counted blessings this day. It is so wonderful in the midst of struggles that we can see our blessings.
May God bless you both and I am blessed this day, by your sharing of blessings.
(2)

My blessings for the day. My honey is a little better today and found some things today to make it easier on both of us. Got to add another one. My sight has not worsened any more right now so I am able to help my honey and our 4 legged "babies".
(2)

Thanks for your kind words, Smeshque. I'm so glad for the blessings you've been enjoying, both with your mom's health and being outside gardening.

I was blessed to have a nice walk with my dad this evening and a relaxing dinner. Now I am blessed to get into a warm comfortable bed.
(1)

Nice day of worshipping our King. Weather was lovely.

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
Hebrews 11:6
(0)

Moms back to health and herself today. I got to work in the greenhouse and cleaned out some flower beds. Mowed some grass. Got to be outside most of the day, that was such a blessing. Very hot day here though. But great day! Thank the Lord.
(1)

Thank you Snoopy- And yay for you too. It is wonderful to have another person to give you some relief. Your sibling also has a wonderful sibling, you.

Today I was blessed in that Mom woke me up really early because she was ill. But she is feeling better now, thank the Lord.
May the Lord Jesus bless you all.
(1)

Smeshque, so glad you had a fun excursion with your mom! It's so worth it to get out if at all possible, I feel. Yay!

Cdnreader, hoping your mom's car repair went OK. Car troubles are the worst!

Today I was blessed by having a nice walk in the evening, and a wonderful sibling to help me so that I could get out. She was away for a few days and I really felt the weight of doing everything myself without a break. Not that my dad's care is hard exactly, but it is time-consuming. Lots of routines to get ready in the morning, to take care of his catheter, other care, getting in and out of the wheelchair, etc.... So having another person doing something is fantastic, and I am very blessed.
(1)

Sunshine today, took Mom on a day trip, she had a great time, all went well. When shes happy I am happy. Well shes always way more happy than I am, if only I could be like her in that. I am more serious like my Dad. Anyway, was a good and exhausting day. Praise be to God.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter