Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
smeshque...so glad you are getting time to rest, regenerate and get some down time to relax. I hope you were able to get more r & r.

Since my honey has been in rehab...approx. 2 weeks...I have actually found and gotten acquainted with myself again. When I first started posting here, I was so fractured, hurt and upset. Thanks to everyone here and some time to reacquaint myself with me I feel I am finally finding solid ground to stand on again and to be able to cope and make decisions. It is amazing what time, rest and wonderful people will do in the healing process for caregivers. Please hang in there.

Take care and have a great night!
(1)

I am blessed this evening, as this is the first night in I cannot remember how long, that I am sitting down unwinding before midnight.
Oh I am hopeful for more rest this evening. Thank you Lord.

"Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! "
Psalms 107:8
(3)

Oh Snoopy, you are a blessing to us as well. Its always lovely to hear when you have had a good day, especially with Dad.
(0)

Dusti and Smeshque, I am blessed by reading about your blessings.
(2)

smeshque...thank you. Even with all that is going on, I have found there are always blessings if I look for them. Life is too short not to stop, look for the blessings and be thankful for every day I am given. So glad you had a good day. Hang in there.
(2)

Was blessed with another day to try and do better, and made it through it, with the Lord's help.

“For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:”
Colossians 1:16
(2)

Snoopy- sounds like you had a wonderfully lovely day. Thank the Lord. I am glad that you a good day. You are a blessing to all of us here and to your sweet Dad. Thank you for the soul food.

Dusti- What a blessing and inspiration you are to others. That you can see the blessings in the midst of what you have been going through. Thank you so much. I am so happy you have returned to your bible. One of my favorite Psalms is 143, and 51.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
(1)

I have to admit that there is a lot that I have to feel blessed about. My honey is where he is getting good care and safe until his up coming surgery. I have my two 4 legged "fur babies" and a roof over my head and food in my stomach. Even with strokes I have not lost the ability do my art and I have found a wonderful group of friends on this site.

There is much, much more but that is for another day. So much to be thankful for. I had strayed away from the bible for quite awhile but have returned to it. Psalm23 is one of my favorites. And I love the Serenity Prayer.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."
(3)

SnoopyLove...that is wonderful. Sounds like you had a great day!
(1)

Lots of blessings today. I got to sit in the sunshine a bit after doing some housework, my dad and I went out in his wheelchair for a walk, we watched basketball and had a good meal. Thanks, Lord!

"For the Lamb on the throne will be their shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:17
(2)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
Ephesians 2:8
(1)

Take a moment tomorrow to remember all those that have lost their lives fighting for our freedom. And all the families that have lost their loved ones in service to our country. And say a prayer of thankfulness to our Lord God Almighty.

That's lovely Snoopy. What a great day!
We enjoyed two great sermons today.

“For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.”
Psalms 11:7
(2)

Lots of blessings today. Nice convo with my dad at church before the service started (we got there quite early due to light traffic as people are away for the holiday weekend) about his favorite hymns. A hymnal had been left out and we looked through it while he relaxed back in his wheelchair in a little side area of the church with a large, beautiful stained glass window. His favorite is Be Thou My Vision, which of course is one I love too.

Thanks, Lord!

I hope you all have a restful weekend and wish especially all former and current members of the military and their families a peaceful Memorial Day.
(2)

Made it through another day. Was a struggle today, But, the Lord brought me through it.
(1)

CDN- SO glad you had a happy and blessed day. What joy. I bet you had a good time with nephew. How old is he? I bet baby niece is growing so quickly. We had a thunderstorm and then cloudy and humid.
But, I am blessed to be home with my family all safe and sound and all needs provided for.

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
(0)

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your kindness. I'm so grateful its Friday! Got to spend the day with my nephew. And we are having blue skies and sunshine. And my sister sent a picture of my smiling picture of my baby niece. Lots to be grateful for.
(2)

Amen Snoopy.

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
Philippians 4:8
(3)

CDN, aww, so glad you could connect with your little niece! OldSailor, I'm glad you had the sweet moment of love and togetherness. Lots of wonderful blessings related here, reminding us of all we have in the midst of a world filled with pain and suffering.
(4)

Sailor- Thank you for sharing. That is sweet. Hope you see more and more blessings in the midst of hardships.

I am so blessed, amidst my trials and tribulations.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
(4)

Today I had a pleasant experience that I thought I would share.
I was rushing around to get us dressed and off to the pharmacy since it was after noon and the clock was running before they closed.
She came out of the bathroom combing her hair and came right up to me, looked at my bare hairy chest and started combing it. She even parted it. It made me feel so helpless and weak. I just shut up and let her do her thing.
we made it to the pharmacy and waited 45 mins to activate the scrip and another hour and a half to pick up the meds.
Still,all in all, it was a good day. Maybe tomorrow she will polish my bald head and kiss it.
I guess that is one of my blessings.
(5)

My family and I are home safe.
But one girl 15 named Sinaii is missing for a week now. We know her family. Please pray for her safety and to be returned home safe.please pray for her.
(2)

Snoopy I second what CDN said.
CDN- so glad you go to rest and to see baby niece, what a joy.

I worked in greenhouse today and so close to being done with kitchen remodel. Get to paint tomorrow.

Psalms 16:11
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
(0)

Dear SnoopyLove,

Happy to hear you and your dad enjoyed the royal wedding.

I seemed to have slept the weekend away as well. Hard to believe its Monday again. But I had a chance to Facetime with my baby niece. She is crazy for Paw Patrol. Always grateful to see her smiles.
(1)

Lots of great blessings this weekend. I had the first part of Sunday off so I slept in and then got a lot of things done. Nice! Later my dad and I watched quite a lot of royal wedding coverage that I had recorded (we'd also been watching a nightly PBS show in the week leading up to the wedding) and we greatly enjoyed it: beautiful scenery, historic buildings, great music, and what we both agreed was a fantastic sermon about love. 

Thanks, Lord!

Hoping for love, wisdom, and blessings for all this week. 
(2)

Frazzled- Hang in there. Labor of love is rough and tough. I was having quite the struggle, thinking I am not strong enough to do this. I miss my privacy, I miss lots of things. But I would also miss my Mom, as I do my Dad. I try and love so that I have no regrets, that I have done everything I can do with my strength coming from above. Alone, I am soooooo weak. But, with God I am strong. Only with HIM.
I had thoughts often of running away. But, then I realize, what if Christ chose to run away, and not continue through his pain an suffering and agony on that cross, for me, for us, for all. We would all be lost.
So, he left us an example of love and how to do it, and each day I strive to love. Not our human definition of love which is such a weak definition. But, to humble myself and love as Christ loves us.
Now again I am weak alone, but with HIM, I can do all things.
I may cry a lot on some days, and think I will not make it through this. But, HE gets me through it, everyday, HE never fails me. And I see how I have grown from all this just a little, but it gives me hope of more. I have become more patient and tolerant. It's tough Frazzled.
I pray for you often and know that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord. So I know it will all work itself out for you. hang in their, pray much.
PS I totally understand the shadowing.

Psalms 18:32 
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
(2)

Thank you smesque for the verse and reminder. I was talking to hubby earlier about the same thing, feeling guilty about the fact that I (we) can't do this for mom indefinitely, thus exploring AL facilities. But at the same time feeling run ragged myself from being the sole caregiver, and it's taking a toll on all of us.

I love the verse you shared. It's a good reminder that He is always there, helping, guiding, giving grace, even to my imperfect efforts. I have faith that He will show us the right way.
(3)

I am blessed! I have been slowly learning how to take some time for myself without feeling guilty, and Mom is okay, and it does not take away from her anything. It is wonderful to know that you can be a caregiver and give yourself some care too. I AM LEARNING, slowly but surely.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
(3)

Rosses- i am so happy you were able to count your blessings in the midst of struggles. Those small things are so important to us aren't they?
(1)

Was given another day and survived it. Praise Jesus.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
(1)

Marybee- so happy the Lord used me to encourage you, in a time so needed. Will keep you in my prayers.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter