Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Snoopy and Smeshque… I agree and feel blessed as well. I have reasonably good health (though on paper does not look like it), people who love me, a home and my fur babies as well as a talent that the good Lord gave me and has not taken from me in my many trials with illness and injury. So much to feel blessed about. The list is endless. Every morning I wake up and see the new day I am blessed and hope to bring a smile to someone to make their day brighter.
(0)

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
(0)

Me too Snoopy, me too.
Thank you Lord for SnoopyLove, who always brings me joy

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24
(2)

I am blessed to be sitting in a quiet, safe house. Blessed to have a pretty good computer. Blessed to have a comfortable bed to sleep in. Thanks, Lord!
(2)

Snoopy- So glad your cold is almost gone. What a great relief. Hope Dad gets over his quickly too.
Praying for blessings your way as well.

We are a very blessed people.Thank you Lord.
(1)

Lots of blessings today. My cold is almost gone and while my dad seems to have caught it, it seems a very mild version that hasn't really affected his breathing or lungs or anything like that. So he is just a little more tired, but still enjoying watching Wimbledon tennis on TV and relaxing. Thanks, Lord!

Hoping for blessings for all as the weekend comes around.
(2)

And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.Matthew 11:6
(2)

Thank you Snoopy. It was a good day. Thanks be to God.
It has been such an emotional story, with an unfortunate loss of one brave man.
But the children are out and safe due to many brave and courageous individuals. May God bless them all.
(2)

Yes, it is wonderful about the Thai soccer team. I have been following that story closely as well. It's so beautiful to see the divers and Thai Navy SEALs courageously risking their lives for others. The strong protecting the weak. Love it!

Smesque, so glad you had such a lovely day trip! Nice!
(2)

Halellauh four more boys rescued.
Had a nice day trip with Mom and DH for his birthday. Went well everyone had a good time. Had a nice lunch and saw different attractions and beautiful sites.
Thank you Lord.
(1)

four of the 13 little Thailand boys have been successfully rescued from the cave. Thank you Lord
(1)

Blessed with a nice cool breeze today, to break up this heat wave. Was wonderful. Was able to pay some bills and we are all home safe and sound. Thank you Lord!
(3)

Happy Fourth of July!!!!!!
John Adams, wrote to his wife of the Declaration: “I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shews, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this time forward forever more.”
(1)

Beautiful posting Smeshque! 😄
(1)

I can't believe it's almost the 4th of July either! Wow...

Lots of blessings today. Got a lot of housework done, went for a walk by the bay with my dad, had a good dinner with fresh homegrown tomatoes. All in all, a good day. Thanks, Lord!

Hoping for lots of blessings for everyone.
(1)

Dear Friends,

So grateful we all made it to another month. I can hardly believe its almost July 4th. I sometimes wonder where the time goes.
(3)

A smile costs nothing, but gives much-
It takes but a moment, but the memory of it usually lasts forever.

None are so rich that can get along without it-
And none are so poor but that can be made rich by it.

It enriches those who receive,
without making poor those who give-
It creates sunshine in the home,
Fosters good will in business,
And is the best antidote for trouble-
And yet it cannot be begged, borrowed, or stolen,
for it is of no value
Unless it is given away.

Some people are too busy to give you a smile-
Give them one of yours-
For the good Lord knows that no one needs a smile so badly
As he or she who has no more smiles left to give.

~ Author Unknown
(2)

Dusti- Do hope you have good news next week, about your vision. What a remarkable story, of losing your sight and how blessed you were to have a good employer and the things that you learned without sight. Isn't it amazing? You learned to stop and smell the roses. Thank you for sharing.

Polar Bear- Yay!! What a blessing to have someone help with taking your Mom. I have been wanting to see if I could get someone to come and take my Mom to lunch and on outings just so that she has more social. But, I am so happy for you that your Mom is okay with it and it gives you a little break as you have a big load.

Snoopy- Hope you have gotten some outdoor time and Dad is doing well.

May God bless each and every one of you with all your needs, and maybe sometimes within HIS will, your wants. You know I have learned if we want what God wants, we always get what we want. :)
(4)

Dusti, will be hoping you get some good news about fixing your vision issues on Tuesday.

Polarbear, what fantastic blessings! So glad you are getting these regular, much-needed breaks.
(3)

A little background. My mom likes to go out a lot. Through out the day, she constantly asks me when and where I go so she can tag along. It puts a lot of stress on me as I don't always have time to take her out for entertainment. I usually try to take her to the markets or stores or visit friends twice a day. It gets to be too much some day. I've got young kids, homeschooling them, dog, cats, chickens, the house, the garden, and most importantly my husband. All require my time.

A few month ago, I was able to find one person (a family friend) to help take my mother out a couple of times a week for a couple of hours which gave me some breathing room. My mother was agreeable at first, then she refused to go, but now she's fine with that friend. I am so glad.

And a few weeks ago, a cousin said she could help take my mom out, pick up her sister who lives near by, and drive her to see another sister who lives an hour away and visit. She can help with this every other week giving me at least half a day of break. Enough time to take the kids to the beach or the park for a few hours. What a blessing. I feel so much better, so refreshed each time I have a long break.

I do pay for time and gas to both the friend and the cousin. It's money well spent. I am so glad and blessed that I have the money to pay for the help.
(4)

Hi Everyone...I know I have not posted on this thread as to my blessings in the last few days. Much has been going on, but at the same time I have to say I am blessed. All that I have to do is look around and be thankful for all that I have. People who love me, my fur babies, my art, and my sight as well as much, much more. I added my sight as well as it has been fading (possibly getting cataracts again) and hope it is found next Tuesday to be something minor.

I was blind at one time (literally) from cataracts and thanks to a wonderful organization I regained my sight (better than prior to the cataracts). During the time that I was blind, I learned to hear the breeze stirring the trees, the smell of someone burning wood in their fireplace, touching my honey's face or my fur babies and remembering what they looked like as well as finding my way around and becoming comfortable with moving through my home. And yes, reverting back to my clay sculpture as I reached a point I could no longer see to do my paintings. I was actually blessed to be working as a temp at a company that allowed me to continue working and put strong magnifiers on my computer screen (I type by touch) and allowed me to review my files with the strongest magnifying glass I could find. The help I had when grocery shopping or going anywhere and the kindness and respect I was treated with by complete strangers.

Sorry another trek down memory lane but it reminds me that I have been and continue to be blessed in so many ways.
(4)

Thanks Smeshque! I come back and re-read these poems you have posted.
(3)

Thanks, Smeshque!
(1)

Thanks Dusti, just trying to send a bit of encouragement in times of struggling.

When God created you
He knew what he would see
Someone that wasn't perfect
Or in heaven you would be.

He put you here on earth
To lead this life you live
Learning as you go
Giving what you can give.

He knew that you would stumble
And sometimes even fall
He knew that you would suffer
And in Jesus Christ you'd call.

Mistakes and bad decisions
He knew that you would make
To live and learn from them
Sometimes more than you can take.

He's had a plan for you
From the very first day
Frustrating times will be
But soon you'll see his way.

Love, hope, and faith
He'll give this all to you
Patience please my friend
How only if you knew.

The love you have inside you
All the good that you do
This does not go unnoticed
And he shall see it too.

He'll carry you if he needs to
And hold you when you pray
He knows the pain you carry
Each and every day.

What's brought you to your knees
Some gave up on you
God will only keep around
The ones that see it through.

One day you will see
What I've been telling you
The love that he's been saving
He created just for you.

Lisa D. Scott
(2)

smeshque...Love it!!! Thank you for posting the beautiful poem.
(3)

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy [*wealth can never buy]
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
*Count your many blessings, see what God has done.
[*And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.]

Count Your Blessings
Johnson Oatman, Jr., pub.1897
(2)

Snoopy that is so lovely and so inspiring. If only all neighbors were as kind hearted, what a beautiful world this would be.
(2)

Dear SnoopyLove,

Thank you for sharing that story about your kind neighbor. Kindness makes the biggest difference in the world.
(4)

The blessing of considerate neighbors: our neighbors to the rear of us decided to replace the old, leaning fence separating our yards. The husband came by the night before work was to begin to advise us. We told him we were thrilled they had taken the initiative to replace the old fence and that my dad of course would pay half for our length of fence; just send the bill over. My dad slowly rolled over to the door in his power wheelchair with his little throw blanket tucked around his clasped arms that he can't move very much and assured the husband of this and they had a nice talk with some funny anecdotes about this and that.

Now, a few months later a beautiful fence is in place and a bill has never arrived. I think that nice neighbor must have decided to be extremely gracious and kind to a disabled elderly man. Every time I see the fence I thank God for the kindness of the neighbor and people like him.

Lord, thanks for creating kind neighbors and generous hearts!
(6)

How wonderful Snoopy. We are blessed! Praise God.

Happy moments ... Praise God.
Difficult moments ... Seek God.
Quiet moments ... Worship God.
Painful moments ... Trust God.
Every moment ... Thank God
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter