Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Had two good services today, with 2 good lessons. One on which deal do you choose. The one that is temporary, instant gratification, or the one that is permanent that may require a little suffering. The other was on some questions God may ask you. Both very thought provoking and encouraging.

We are all here safe and sound and Mom is slowly getting back to normal. I am so thankful for that.

God is Great.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be
also.

Matthew 6:19-21
(5)

Lots of blessings today. The heat wave broke in the early evening, and some cooler air started moving in. So refreshing. The house started to cool down. Then I got to escape to Trader Joe's for a quick groceries run and had a nice time shopping, people watching, lingering near the frozen foods and just enjoying the cool air in general. Bought a few things to round out a hot weather smorgasbord-type dinner of cool items. Dad appreciated it greatly and was very patient during a delay to trouble-shoot and fix a washing machine issue. Laundry was able to proceed without further problem.

Thanks, Lord!
(6)

Shell- thank you for asking. Mom is finally getting back to normal. She is soooo much better, thank the Lord.
She had me scared for a while, but she is about 85% back to normal.
I appreciate you asking.
Rain is a blessing, but sometimes it sure doesn't seem like it. But it is. :)

AC- So good that you have the good memories and love for your parents. I know it is hard when we miss our loved ones so much. But those good and happy memories help us trudge through. God is Great.

Mikkim- Thank you, I will add that for my consideration, its a good one
(3)

God is great! I am thankful that things seem to be moving right along just wish it would stop raining for a week. But rain does make everything grow and things new again and I can take that...

Smeshque, how is your mom doing?
(2)

Thank you for creating a positive thread!

I feel so grateful that my parents lived long, happy lives. That they were surrounded by loving family.

I’m grateful to have known them. I miss them terribly but try to appreciate the time we had.
(4)

What is a good name for a doggy daycare?

Lots of blessings this day, will elaborate later. Thank you Lord.
(1)

Thank you Lu, Frazzled, Shell, for considering my Mom. I am keeping her hydrated and she is cooperative. She is feeling better today, thank the Lord. I hope you all are doing well.

Shell- those storms are scary, glad you made it through them too.God is great.

Knoxville- God is wonderful and wondrous. And you are right I too find comfort knowing I am never alone.

usinva- sometimes we get caught up in the rough parts of life that it is hard to see blessings. But they are there for certain and just keep looking and you will see. Even if it is the acknowledgment of waking up in the morning.

“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” 
Luke 12:32
(3)

On May 20, 2017 my husband was sent home from the hospital with severe CHF, placed on hospice care and given two to three weeks to live. Funeral arrangements were made and the family and friends came to tell him goodbye. It has now been over two years and he is still on hospice and alive and doing well. He is weak and uses a walker but is still able to go up the stairs to his bedroom and come down in the morning. We occasionally go out to dinner. He is able to bathe himself and except for being weak and thinner -- he is a miracle. Last week he celebrated his 86th birthday. When he was 36 his heart was attacked by a virus when he was traveling overseas for the government and at that time the prognosis was very poor. I prayed that he might live long enough for our children to be raised. We now have four great grandchildren. He received the Lord when he was forty and we ended up as pastors of a large church for twenty years and then ministered all around the world for another twenty years. And his heart just keeps on beating. So I am counting my blessings. It is hard work to be a caregiver. We have a large house and I am doing it all. We have no family here....but I am not alone. Be encouraged by this comment and know that with God all things are possible. Blessings to all.
(5)

Thank you Lord for getting me and my family through another storm. I am grateful seeing Your hand moving in my life.

Smesque sorry that your mom is sick, but happy that it isn't serious. Keeping mom hydrated is the key. Keep up the good work:)
(3)

Smeshque, I'm sorry to hear your mom has been sick, but glad they got her some meds and that you've done such a good job of keeping her hydrated. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.
(5)

I like this person’s remarks about acknowledging daily blessings. I tend to obsess about more negative things each day. I will try to do better. Thank you for an encouraging message.
(5)

Had to take Mom to ER early this morning. The past week off and on she has had bad stomach trouble. I have cleaned the bathroom I don't know how many times, especially today.
This morning she was just depleted, and weak. I said we are going.
Diagnosis was imflamation of small intestine. Some virus.
Sent her home with antibiotics. Said I have been doing good keeping her hydrated yay!
I am grateful she got to come home and that I am cleaning the bathroom 4 times an hour.
This morning her BP was dripping, I was so scared, and I thought as weak as she was they would keep her. But thankfully I have been on top of her hydration, or they said they would have. Her blood work was all good.
Ok off to clean the bathroom again. Thank you Lord.
(4)

When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.
C.S. Lewis
(4)

smeshque....I sure hope your Mother had a good night last night and is feeling much better today~
(2)

Mom had a rough night with stomach trouble. By the end of the day she was feeling so much better just really tired. So I am thankful for that.

“O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” 
1 Corinthians 15:55
(6)

There were so many butterflies in the pollinator garden. It was so lovely. I thank God for these gifts in life that he give sus and he doesn't have to.
I am also thankful that we are all here together safe and sound.

“Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.” 
1 John 4:15
(3)

A beautiful day here with blue skies, fluffy clouds, a fun errand getting mulch for the yard, and a good dinner with family. Dad enjoyed watching tennis, baseball, and a nature show. For all of this I thank you, Lord!
(4)

If we fill our hours with regrets over the failures of yesterday,
and with the worries over the problems of tomorrow,
we have no today in which to be thankful.

I am thankful for the very breath that I have at this moment. I am thankful knowing that things could always be worse. I am thankful to have a loving and merciful Father in Heaven,

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:7
(2)

Come what may, hold fast to Love!
Though men should rend your heart,
let them not embitter or harden it.
We win by tenderness:
We conquer by forgiveness.

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
1 Corinthians 13:13
(1)

A beautiful day of blessings here. Even though there have been droughts and wildfires in our region in the recent past, we've had good rainfall this year and now the landscape is lush and green. God is giving us what we need right now. Thanks, Lord!
(3)

Oh thank God you all are OK. How wonderful you called out to the Lord and He answered your prayers. He is there for us in our time of need.

I hope you have calm, smooth weather from now on. 🌲🌞
(5)

Shortly after 5 am a tornado came through, it was heading straight for us. Oh how I am terrified of such things. Had to wake Mom, and We prayed and prayed and God turned it. Blessed be God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He answered our prayers this day for sure. Our neighbors down the way got some damage but not hurt. But thank the Lord for his mercies in my family.

Thank you Lord!! Hallelujah Praise Jehovah!!
(6)

A wonderful and refreshing day of Worship. Two good sermons, one on revival of our faith, and the other on selfishness.
Very thought provoking and makes you really do some soul searching.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1 John 3:1
(2)

I am thankful because I can see the Lord's hand moving in my life. Thank you Lord for all You have done.🙏
(5)

I am thankful for a wonderful day of cleaning while listening to interesting podcasts and getting things done, then some rest and a good meal with my family. Lord, you've blessed me so much -- thank you!
(1)

Thankful for having my mother, as simple as that. No buts, not anything but thankfulness...

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day, and I mean ‘all’ because -without intending to take any merit away from the amazing gift of motherhood- I truly believe all of us caregivers become mothers/fathers in a very special way when we give care. If we think about it we really emulate without meaning to the love of a mother while taking care of our loved ones.

So many of us have become mothers of our own mothers, in a certain way. Life is so unbelievably unbelievable, so many times.

Many blessings dear fellow caregivers and may God bless each of our lives exactly in the measure and the form that we need it the most!
(5)

Thankful for the much needed sunshine.

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 5:20
(3)

Thanks God (whatever is your idea of Him) in three months I went from a considerable debt to having close to a thousand dollars on my account.
Yes, it's nothing to write home about (even in my country), and I still have to control every penny spent - no, this week I can't have coffee/ice cream - but heavens, it feels good.
Next month I will be able to give back this blessings, resuming my donations to my fave charity.
I must everyday thank the Generosity and Mercy of the One Up There
(7)

I am simply thankful for all my blessings this day. Those I am fully aware of and those I am unaware.

Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
Psalms 144:15
(3)

I am thankful for the Sunshine we had today. After sooooo much rain.

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
Proverbs 14:15
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter