Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Just thanking the Lord that he watched out for us. We had to do some jobs in the city the last 3 days. Oh how I do not enjoy going to the city. But HE kept us all safe and helped us endure through what we needed to do.
Thank you Lord

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him..
.2 Chronicles 16:9
(3)

Took my mother to our town parade on Saturday morning. Looking so forward to it. It was around 90 degrees so I kept the air conditioner on for my mother. We sat in the car and before the parade started the air conditioner stopped working and my battery went dead. Our friend was next to us sitting outside and I asked him if we could sit in his car with the air conditioner and he said yes. We could not head home because the road was blocked. I am so grateful we had my friends car to sit in. I do not usually take my mom out in hot weather but it was just down the street and she loves parades. Lesson learned!
(2)

Lots of blessings today. I got to sleep in, and enjoyed some time relaxing with coffee outside in the morning before starting caregiving activities and cleaning house. A nice text from a cousin -- what a blessing a friendly, fun relative is! Delicious hamburgers for dinner.

Thanks, Lord!
(4)

Thank you Smeshque for your words that gives me the lift that I need. I tell myself that very thing everyday. I do not believe that I am here in this situation by accident, but God knew I was the person that could be trusted with it.

Thank you so much you are very kind.
(2)

I am thankful for the worship we had this day. And for all blessings great and small, that I know about and those that I don't.
Thank you God, most of all for Jesus.

“Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.” 
Proverbs 3:13
(3)

Shell- The Lord chose the best person for the job you are handling. He knew you could handle it and that he would be there when you need strength. You are doing a great job. And he blessed the world around you, with YOU.

Earlybird- I am so glad God blessed you with getting to stay with your Mom, and that she is home and doing better. You are a blessing to your Mom and family.
(2)

My mother was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. She is doing quite well now. I thank God she is doing so well. She went in for a UTI and the docs overloaded her with IV fluid which lead to mild CHF. For an elder mild CHF can be traumatic. I count my blessing for the hospital allowing me to stay in my moms room for the duration of her stay. I am thankful for this beautiful weather
and for the wonderful day on the fourth with my family.
(3)

I thank God that He woke me up today. I thank God that He has given me strenght to put one foot in front of the other. I am grateful and humble that He entrusted me to handle the mess that my parents made and being able to care for someone who didn't take care of me. I thank God for the warm sun and the cool rain. Mostly I am thankful for His ever lasting grace, mercy, and for loving me when I am having a bad day.

Thank you Lord for being my God and my Savior. Just thank you Lord🙏
(4)

I thank the Lord that I had a pretty good day all in all.
DH and I DH and I were blessed with another contract. God always provides for us. We are truly blessed.

I got to interact with the sweetest little children. Oh they had such beautiful spirits. It always does me so good to get to be around children, I just love them so much. Great blessing.

We have to go to the city at various times for work related things, and when I return home, I realize how truly blessed I am that the Lord has planted me here. Where I am not enveloped by people and nature abounds.
God is great everyday and everyday God is great!

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” 
Romans 8:14
(4)

continued

Topper of the day- turns out it wasn't the battery at all. DH forgot to tighten down the distributor. (Sigh)
to his credit, he din't have to tell me that mess up, and I know his plate is full as well.
Can't give 100% to everything.
I did not give him a hard time about it. i appreciate his honesty.

“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” 
Hebrews 12:14
(1)

I am so blessed to have made it through this day. It has been a crazy day. Last year I bought DH a truck for his birthday. An older truck he wanted to fix up. So he has got it all rebuilt and now just needs a paint job. Way down on the list right now. Anyway he said for his birthday (his birthday is Friday)this year just to get it registered and tag it. Ok sounds simple enough. Ok so I said ok lets drive it into town and get that done. Sounds simple. Mom didn't want to go so AB stayed with her. So we went by the bank so I could get some cash, then stopped at the gas station to fuel up. Ok everything is going well. Fuels in, truck wont start. Battery dead. And her is the beginning of the long crazy day. So, I call Mom to have her and AB bring some jumper cables to give us a jump. Moms phone is not working. What? I just paid the bill two days ago. I specifically remember doing that. But I am still trying to figure out why Moms phone is not working. I call the company. Turns out they had my debit card number wrong. I am like I use the same one every month, but at this point I am happy to have figured it out and got Moms phone back on. I was asking everyone at the gas station if they had cables then finally, someone did. Finally make it to tag office(not called DMV here) and guess what just closed for lunch. Ok. Well ok fine then lets just go home. SO we get home and I had to go get my grocery order I set up. So Mom and I went. I think ok I am gonna go by the tag office here(different town) they surely must already have had lunch. Bonk! sign said be back at 1:30, out to lunch. It was 1:00.You have got to be kidding. So I say come on Mom lets go to the one on the other side of town. Get there and sooooo many people. So I say ok come on Mom lets go back to the first one and we will be there when they open in a few minutes. got back there and so many cars in the parking lot. I say come on mom we are gonna go stand by the door and be the first ones in. We stood by the door, and then everyone's started getting out of their cars and lining up. Yay we were the first ones in. great in and out. Ok gave the lady all the paperwork and she says there is a lien on this truck. WHAT!!!!!
She says let me make a phone call. I am thinking oh man what is this gonna cost and how come the guy didnt tell us, the title does not say lien.
She gets off the phone and tells me, you should go buy a lottery ticket because today is your lucky day. huh? She said I have worked here for almost 30 years and there has only been two times that they have taken a lien off of a vehicle and your number 2, Hallelujah!!!So happy about that. I said no not lucky, it is quite a blessing.So we were the first in but the last of that line to leave after all that. Was supposed to help AB unpack today and had to reschedule. Because when I got home DH tells me a customer that was supposed to pick up some pies and bread tomorrow asked if he could get it today. WHAT!!!
DH said I told him to come back after 6. Oh no, I was not prepared to do that until tomorrow. Ok I can do this. Then DH said but first we need to run to town and pick up some things. WHAT!! Ok it is going to be ok(tears).
Well got back home, got the bread and pies made, had dinner on the table by the time AB came, and baked goods were ready by 6. Whew!! Thank you Lord!
7 rolls around still no guy, DH calls him. He will just go ahead and come by tomorrow. Ok whatever. I am done.
Mom says lets play scrabble and go get an ice cream. LOL
ok lets do that.
So anyway, thank you Lord for getting me through.

Continued
(1)

I am very thankful for the services we had this day. A worship service this morning and the lesson was on faithfulness. We had a lovely singing service this evening. Praising God.
I am thankful Mom is getting back to normal after being ill. She has been building back up in her bike riding. What a blessing.
I am thankful for online grocery shopping. Just saves so much time and is so much easier.
I am thankful that AB is getting settled in his home.
I am thankful that God sent his only begotten son Jesus to die in my place. And that Jesus did so willingly. What love! Matchless Love.
I am thankful for the hope of eternal life.
(4)

So many blessings today. It took a awhile to find a parking spot at the parking garage at the hospital for my appointment, but what a view from the top! Blue skies, interesting clouds, mountains. And my father's dermatologist appointment went well, I got in a good brisk walk, and we enjoyed a delicious dinner.

Thanks, Lord!
(5)

I am so thankful to have gotten AB moved. we left at 5am yesterday morning and got back at midnight. He has a lot of things. I often wonder why people need so much stuff. I am a minimalist, and less is more to me. I guess some find comfort surrounded in things, I am not sure.
Not judging, just wondering. Anyway we got all his stuff loaded out of a 3 bedroom house. And then I did a good deep clean. The landlady is working with me since I live so far away. Which is a blessing, I am so tired but I am so thankful to the Lord for giving DH and I the endurance to do what we need to do right now.
It is funny, just when I was settled in my role with Mom, and gaining contentment, now there is another person to tend to. Not complaining just hoping and trusting in the Lord to give me strength, because right now, i am tired and worn. And there is so much yet to do, before a break can be had.
I am thankful I have a place to rest my head this night and I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for the grace and mercy of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

“I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.” 
Psalms 118:17
(6)

Smeshque,

I'm with you, I might of gone cross country on a bike when I was younger, but now, I would rather travel with a travel trailer or RV!
(3)

And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 3:13
(4)

Shell- agreed. They are fun. Maybe a few years back DH and I would have went cross country on one and had a great time. Now we rather be comfortable in an suv with lots of leg room. And room for the dogs and Mom.
Life sure does change a person. :)
For the better in my case. I think. I hope
(4)

Smeshque

I don't wait a Harley either but man they are fun to drive or ride!
(2)

Shell- I am glad you were blessed with a good weekend. Big Yay!

Metoo- I am so happy you were blessed with your Son being ok from a car wreck.

Earlybird- Your blessings counted were lovely. I am glad you were blessed that Mom is coming home from the hospital

Oh how you all have made the Lord smile IMO. Being thankfuuk for his love and tender mercies. Acknowledging them and HIM. Lovely.

I was blessed this day with an extra bonus IMO. DH repaired one of our friends Harleys, and he told us when it was fixed to take it for a cruise. So DH came in this evening and said its fixed, lets go. Well AD was here with Mom so I said let's go. We went riding and it was so refreshing. The cool evening air blowing throw my hair. It was so Wonderful. I wouldn't want one though, and thankfully neither does DH. It was just a nice treat for us.

“He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” 
Psalms 107:20
(5)

Thank you for the wonderful advice. I am really enjoying reading all the wonderful blessings that our caregiver friends are experiencing. I feel so good reading these posts. I took my mother to the ER yesterday with a severe UTI. She is on IV antibiotics. I am so grateful she is not resistant to the IV antibiotics. She is going home today and is doing just fine. This is one grateful daughter!
(4)

I count my blessings today and every day.
I am blessed for my mother.
I am blessed for my family.
I am blessed for having a little time alone just mom and me today.
I am blessed for my health.
I am blessed for all the great things God has done for me.
I am blessed for the opportunity to care for my mother.
I am blessed for the food God has provided.
I am so blessed for my mother and father. My father passed but my memories live in my heart forever. It was such a honor to have known such a wonderful dad. Iam so blessed to have my mother in my life at 96. What an honor and pleasure to take care of my mother, I am blessed with a mother that has the patience of a saint, a smile every day, a thank you for everything I do for her, blue eyes shine like the sea. I am so grateful to you Lord for everything in my life.
Thank you everyone for posting your blessings on this site. It was so wonderful to read your positive posts.
(4)

I am beyond thankful today that my child is safe. He was in a car accident last night when trying to avoid a deer. He lost control of his car, spun out and rolled the car. It is amazing that he walked away from the accident and is only sore today.

Seeing the car in the daylight today I realize again that we are truly blessed that our family is whole today.
(8)

I am thankful that I was able to get a lot done this weekend...no rain..yaaa I also am thankful that my mother has been going along with me on what needs to be done to make our lives better.

I am thankful that my BF, my mother and I had dinner outside on the patio then we had a nice fire. It was a great weekend!👏😛

I do have a lot of work to do this week, but I am just thankful that I can do it!
(5)

Good day. Two good services, two good sermons. One on building your spiritual house, on the correct foundation, Jesus. The other was things about Heaven. Oh how I want to be in heaven and behold the glory of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for all your blessings.

We read of a place that’s called heaven,
It’s made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God’s Word He hath given,
How beautiful heaven must be.

In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God’s light is forever there shining,

Pure waters of life there are flowing,
And all who will drink may be free;
Rare jewels of splendor are glowing,

The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
The song of redemption is ringing,

How beautiful heaven must be,
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
(4)

Many blessings this day. Thank you Lord.

Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
Psalms 77:14
(3)

Lots of blessings today, including a little plot of flowers that came up despite everything. I enjoy it so much in the mornings when I go out to water. So beautiful. Thank you for the beauty of your creation, Lord!
(4)

I am blessed to have made it through this day, this week, this month.(sigh)
I am blessed to have a place to lay my weary head.
I am blessed to have a friend in Jesus.
I am blessed that I have the caregiving experience, Oh how I have learned so much.

May God bless you all with his Matchless Love.

O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 136:2
(3)

Shell- I am so happy that you cannotbe hurt anymore. That is a true blessing. The truth shall set us free.:)
Mom is almost back to normal. She is getting spunky again. Thank the Lord.
Isn't great that God's love is endless, always abounding and Matchless?
I appreciate the rain too, for the benefit of not watering the gardens. It is hard to keep up with the grass when you can't get outdoors. I do not so much mind the rain, just don't care for lightning and thunderstorms.

Mik- I am glad you have had time to refresh yourself

HockeyMom- Keep countin' em, they are always there
(2)

I am thankful that the truth is out! My mother can't hurt me anymore.

God is Great and His love is never ending!

Smeshque,
How is your mother doing? I hope a lot better. Yes the rain is a blessing but it has rain so much that I can't get a lot done out doors! But the rain does make everything grow and I don't have to water my flowers or my veggie plants.
(2)

I am trying to do the same! God Bless.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter