Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
3 4 5 6 7
Last evening right before sunset. DH and I looked across the field and there were hundreds of different hawks sitting on the ground all facing west. DH and I have seen this once before years ago. I got Mom and showed her so she could see what we saw.
It was so amazing and then one by one they began flying up and landing in the same tree at the edge of our woods. I said, maybe they gather like that to worship God. Just a neat thought. But it is such an amazing thing to witness. Thank you Lord for all your beauty that you allow us to see.

NHWM- what a sweet neighbor. There are a few peopl I know making masks as well and giving them out. That too is a sweet thing to do.

mystery- there is amazing beauty in thunderstorms even though they are scary to me.

Earlybird- yay on the tp. people here have stopped being crazy over the tp you can get it everywhere again.

Shell- I always love your counting of blessings, so much.

Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
Psalms 111:1-4
(4)

I just finished making the last of my masks tonight. Will cut out more tomorrow. I did some pretty paisley ones this evening! FYI, if you run out of elastic hair ties work just as well and come in all colors.

I am glad that I am able to do a small part in helping others. I know people are selling them on websites like Etsy but I would rather give them away.
(2)

I have the sweetest neighbor. He does really nice woodwork. He’s retired and is always working on his gorgeous birdhouses that he builds.

Anyway, I saw him walking across our porch with something in his hands that he laid down. So, my husband and I went to see what he dropped off.

It’s a lovely cross that he made for us with a scripture attached. He enclosed a note that said that he wanted to give us an Easter gift. Isn’t that so sweet?
(7)

I am listening carefully to a thunderstorm right now for the first time in many years. There's so much beauty in nature that I have failed to notice for a very long time.
(5)

My neighbor and I went out at the same time to see the Pink Moon. The moon was bright and beautiful!

It was nice to speak across our yards to one another. It feels so freakin strange not to hear any cars driving around.

It is so quiet, which actually is a good thing because people are abiding by our ‘stay at home’ regulations.
(0)

Tried to find toilet paper this afternoon. Did not have any luck at the grocery store. As I was walking toward the van my niece was excited and started to wave, She told me a lady was passing out free toilet paper to those in need. Offered to pay her, but refused. I said a special prayer for her today. Very grateful, indeed.
Had to get gloves and wipes and went to Costco's and actually found some toilet paper, so I picked up one package. What a blessing. Do not have to worry about TP now for awhile.
(4)

I finally found some toilet paper at Walmart.
Went out with family for ice cream.
Took a ride , sun shining.
Did not watch the news most of the day.
Counting my blessings!
(2)

This morning I was watching the news, and so many sad stories I started to cry, and my dear mother looked at me and said "Trust in The Lord". We immediately started saying The Our Father. My mother even through with all this stress and things she is going through with her health problems, she still has a a positive attitude and faith in God. Thank you mom!!!
A friend of my brothers called this morning and asked if he could do some grocery shopping for us. I declined because he takes care of his 102 year old mother and I am sure he is busy caring for her. He also said he would check in on us. Thank you Lord for all your blessing!
(3)

So far, so good with my husband’s company. He’s working from home. It makes me sad when I hear of someone losing their job.

I am grateful that my hubby has his job.
(2)

I am thankful that I am able to get some work done to my house. I am very grateful that my sig other is still working. And Lord, I am always grateful that YOU are always with me whether things are great, when things are a mess, when I am blue, when things are fulling apart, when I am laughing so hard I can't breathe, when I am crying in the dark, when I am in a fight, and when I feel at peace. Thank You for loving me, Lord.
(3)

I am thankful for the lovely Sunshine we had this weekend, it felt so good.

Thank you Lord for all your blessings.
(2)

Thanking the Lord for all the blessings of this life. Thank you Jesus.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
(5)

Lots of blessings today! I went to the largest nearby supermarket to pick up some items for an elderly friend of ours who hasn't prepped yet for this virus situation, and most of what I needed was there. People were in good spirits, polite, encouraging each other. I felt safe as I went about my business.

Then at home I was with my beloved family members, and we had a warm, safe house to enjoy as we practice "social distancing" as much as possible. I can keep up my exercise, and catch up on books I've meant to get to!

Lord, please help our scientists and medical professionals find a cure and effective treatments for the virus as soon as possible, and help us treat and contain the illness as much as possible. Lord, comfort the afflicted. Lord, give Your wisdom to our leaders. But whatever happens, we will rest in You. Nothing really bad can happen to us as long as we belong to You. You're with us all the way. You are the God who keeps us from falling:

Now to him that can keep you on your feet, standing tall in his bright presence, fresh and celebrating-- to our one God, our only Savior, through Jesus Christ, our Master, be glory, majesty, strength, and rule before all time, and now, and to the end of all time. Yes. (Jude 24-25, The Message Bible).

Thank You, Lord!
(11)

Smeshque,

When people reach a certain age they should have the prerogative to opt out of an activity. You are so understanding to not pressure her and lovingly accept her choice. Trips can be exhausting.
(4)

Mom has decided on her own, with much prayer that she doesn't think she should go on the trip. When she told us I cried for fear that she would regret not going, but she is soooo happy about her decision and had a restful sleep last night. She had been going back and forth with it and I am glad the Lord gave her whatever answer she was seeking to make her choice. She said she feels like a load if off. But is afraid people would now be upset with her. But most of them has reassured her that she should do whats best for her so I am grateful for those ones.
If she is truly happy about not going then I am SOOOOOOOO happy she is not goiing and so thankful.
Thank you Jesus.
(5)

We had sunshine today. LOTS of wind, but the sunshine was a blessing.
We are all well thanks be to God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
Psalms 104:1
(4)

I am soooo thankful for I was sick and now I am feeling better. Thank you Lord.
And tomorrow is Friday, YAY!!
And we are all doing ok.
Thank you Jesus!

Psalms 47:6 
Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises
(6)

I am thankful for all you, my aging care family.
I pray for you all daily.
I hope you all are doing ok.
(8)

TN,

Your comment reminded me of The Beatles song, Here Comes The Sun. That was on the Abbey Road album which I had. I had tons of albums throughout the years. I started off with the little single 45's, remember? Geeeez, I am getting old!

I so wanted to see The Beatles after seeing them on The Ed Sullivan Show as a kid. I begged my parents to take me to city park when I was nine years old (1964) to the concert. Tickets were $4.00. They would not take me because they did not want to be around the screaming girls. I told them that I wanted to be one of the screaming girls.
(4)

The sun is shining! After several weeks of rain and cloudy days with only an hour or two of occasional sunshine, an entire day of sunshine is awesome! The dogs are out in the yard sun bathing. The little boy (my grand-nephew) is outside playing with his bicycle and scooter. Mom and I opened the picture windows drapes and stretched out on the couches for afternoon naps in the sun's warmth.
(3)

Snoopy,

Don't you wish all anxiety could be erased? So many people worry about silly things. I understand genuine concern about legitimate concerns but excess worrying about stupid stuff is crazy. We should learn to leave it all in God's hands but for many that is easier said than done. It's a learned process. It's interesting, since I have gotten older I find that I worry less. Not sure why? I guess I find it a waste of time. I wish I could take back all the needless hours that I worried about stupid stuff, all the 'what if's?'
(3)

Lots of wonderful blessings this weekend: a fantastic sermon on John 3:16, a wonderful walk at sunset, various problems and worries resolved or at least left in God's hands. Thanks, Lord!
(1)

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalms 118:24
(3)

I thank God daily for my blessings which are many! My husband (86) & I (80) have 4 daughters married to men we love who all work & support their families. Also have 7 grandkids, 4 who work; 3 under 15 yrs old, all make us proud!
(4)

’Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when our hearts lowly bend,
And we gather to Jesus, our Savior and friend;
If we come to Him in faith, His protection to share,
What a balm for the weary, oh, how sweet to be there!

’Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when the Savior draws near,
With a tender compassion His children to hear;
When He tells us we may cast at His feet every care,

’Tis the blessed hour of prayer, when the tempted and tried
To the Savior who loves them their sorrow confide;
With a sympathizing heart He removes every care;

At the blessed hour of prayer, trusting Him, we believe
That the blessing we’re needing we’ll surely receive;
In the fullness of the trust we shall lose every care;

Blessed hour of prayer, blessed hour of prayer,
(4)

I needed this now. Please keep posting, please. Need the positives.....
Bless you all!
(5)

Take the name of Jesus with you,
Child of sorrow and of woe;
It will joy and comfort give you,
Take it then where'er you go.

Precious name! Oh, how sweet!
Hope of earth and joy of heav'n;
Precious name! Oh, how sweet!
Hope of earth and joy of heav'n.

Take the name of Jesus ever,
As a shield from every snare.
If temptations round you gather,
Breathe that holy name in prayer.

Oh, the precious name of Jesus,
How it thrills our souls with joy;
All the favor of the Father
In this name we may enjoy.

At the name of Jesus bowing,
Falling prostrate at His feet,
Claim His vict'ry over evil
And the enemy defeat.
(7)

Smeshque,

Your positive attitude is so uplifting! Keep spreading the joy. It’s contagious. 💗
(4)

Hallelujah!!!
What a great day!!!
All thanks and glory be to God the Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(3)

I am thankful for the weekend, I am tired. I am thankful for the beautiful sunshine we had this day.
I am thankful that my family is doing well with me working and it is all getting sorted out and more organized in a routine that everyone is accepting. I am thankful that I can sleep a little later tomorrow, Lord willing. I am thankful that God loved us so much to send Jesus to die in my place. I am thankful when the Lord send me trials to humble me.
I am thankful for my agingcare family.
I am blessed!!

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,”
Ephesians 3:20
(6)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter