Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Lots of blessings today to be thankful for: safe place to live, good food to eat, clean water to drink. Considerate neighbors. A loving family member to talk to. Thanks, Lord!
(2)

O Infinite Father, I’m grateful to Thee
For the moon and the stars and deep rolling sea
For beauties of nature, where e’er they may be…
For the handclasp of friends, so firm and so true
For sunrise and sunset and glistening dew
The fleecy white clouds and the heavens, so blue
For these wonderful gifts, dear Lord, I thank you!

Gertrude T. Buckingham
(1)

That's great Snoopy. So glad you got to go hiking in the woods. There is something so special about being in the woods, so refreshing and as you said reviving. I hope you were able to endure through your trying moments and that things got better.
Yes relatives they were some relatives that you look forward to visiting, so it was great. Mostly a blessing for me to see my Mom have such a good time.
Now we are planning a trip Lord willing later on in the year to visit them. She is looking forward to it. Hope your Dad is doing well.
(0)

That is wonderful, Smeshque. It sounds like it was a great visit. Nice, kind relatives who know how to visit are a definite blessing!

Today had its trying moments and boredom but I did get outside briefly and got some things done around the house. Yesterday I had much of the day off and went for a long hike in the woods -- so reviving to enjoy trees, sky, clouds, ocean breezes! Thanks, Lord!
(1)

My Aunt and cousins, went back home today. The visit was wonderful and reviving for my Mom. I haven't seen her laugh so much in a long time. Even though we are all exhausted, it was quite a blessing.

Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. Colossians 2:23
(2)

Thank you Snoopy. I hope you had a good weekend, and Dad is well.
I am blessed this day with two great sermons, and my Moms sister and her daughters arrived this evening to visit my Mom.
My Mom and her sister laughed so much, it was such a blessing. They will be here 3 days. It will do my Mom such good. Hallelujah! Thank you Lord.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
(1)

That is fantastic, Smeshque! I am so glad that God blessed you in this way. And, I know that Job A has been blessed to obtain you as an employee. Yay!

Lots of blessings today, too many to mention. Thanks, Lord!
(1)

I am loving my new job. And it is working out that DH is there for Mom while I am away. Praise God! For HIS mercy endureth forever.
(1)

Thank you Sue, I am hopeful and it seems I will enjoy this job.
(2)

Good for you that you got Job A! Many things that seem impossible for us are not impossible for the Lord.

I hope you finances improve and you enjoy the job.
(2)

Snoopy- I too am grateful for the Lords love in the simplicity of food. How he gave us sweet things and savory thing and so on. He could have just gave us corn and everything tastes like corn, you know? It is a true blessing that is often overlooked. Thank you for the reminder.

Sue- You too appreciate that sweetness of the simple gift of God as I said to Snoopy. That ice cream sounds sooooo good. And the DH served it to you what a gift.

Frazzled- So glad you have gotten relief and extra bonus that Mom likes it and you all are doing better. Most importantly I am so happy of what you have learned. And I bet you have grown from it as well.

I have been greatly blessed this day. I have been seeking employment as the things my Mom needs have taken a toll on our finances. So I need to supplement.
I have some great and wonderful news on how God has blessed me this day. You see, I applied for Job A and and they hired me. It is a good paying job and the environment is conducive to my beliefs. It is a place with other believers, Oh its great. However, when they had told me they wanted me to work Sundays, I had to pray about it. After much prayer and contemplation, I decided I could not do it. You see, the couple we visit during the week, the lady with Alzheimers, I am the only way she can attend church services. I help her in and out of their car and I help her use the restroom. I am the only one she trusts and allows to help her. So if I am not there, she cannot go. Church is very important to her even though her mind is not as it was. So I emailed the lady from Job A,that hired me and explained this to her, this was last Friday. I did not hear anything back from her, so I just assumed I might have upset her.
This morning I had an interview a Job B, a place I was only going to take just to get going on something, but my heart wasn't in it. And I truly didn't want to do it. Well, after my interview, on our way to see the couple we visit, as it is Thursday, The lady from job A called me. She said that she had got my email and really respected my decision. And that she really wanted me to work there. So,all this time she had been trying to work it out so that I would not have to work any Sundays,
I couldn't believe it she did all that just for me. God is good and he was so gracious to me this day. I am happy about this position and I thank the Lord for his kindness to me.
So I just wanted to share that, my good news for the day.
Also,
My DH Mom lives in Seattle and she had a bad seizure and was put on a ventilator. His sister flew out to be with her. She is now breathing on her own and is getting better. the Dr. says she will be ok. The amazing power of prayer.
Hallelujah What A Saviour!!!
(2)

Well, we got mom moved into her new place this past weekend. Has been an emotional past few days, and she was scared at first, but now that she's settled in a bit she is much more at ease and happy than I've seen her in a long time, even before she got sick. I think she needed to be able to be more social, just wouldn't get out of the house much here or when she lived at home. Plus I think she feels safer there. Even living here with me I think her paranoia was worse partly because of the PTSD due to what she went through with my abusive sister, as we live in the same little town and she was always afraid.

I had been questioning myself about whether moving her there was the right decision, but after seeing how she's doing, I know it was the right one. I know we'll still have hurdles ahead to jump, getting all of the legal stuff straightened out, and seeing how she does over the coming weeks and months, but I am just elated that she likes it there, and has already made some friends. Our relationship is better too, as we're both not so stressed out, and both sleeping better. This whole process has taught me a lot about trusting in God even when I can't see the whole picture.
(2)

Hubs just served me a scoop of chocolate truffle ice cream after a wonderful dinner. It must be wrong, it tastes so "sinful"!
(3)

Delicious summer fruit coming in to the stores now, that's my blessing for today. A treat. Thanks, Lord, for the wonderful food that you provide for us here on your earth, and the folks who grow it and take it to market and sell it and prepare it for us!
(2)

Dusti- Thank you for you positivism. I am glad you were able to see the Dr.Dr.s don't know everything. I am glad you are here at 66. I had a brother who wasn't supposed to live past 6 years old. he was close to 50 when he passed. Only God knows, and knows our time here and the plans he has for us. Keep looking up.

“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
Psalms 91:11
(3)

Hi Everyone...well again I have much to be thankful for and feel very blessed. Since I decided I have to have my health take precidence, or I will be of no help to anyone, I called this morning and made an appointment with my primary care doctor. Thankfully they were able to get me in today. I had not seen my primary care in over a year (6month on my cardiologist) and once I talked to him and he examined me he put me on anti-anxiety meds to help with the IBSD, severe overall body aches and severe stress I have been under. (not sure if this is a blessing, but hope so). Dr. also put me on a low level pain killer to help my back. The pain killer is for short term as doctor knows that I do not like to take any kind of medication (even though I am on 6 meds....we 7 now not including pain med. Anyway..back to my blessed day. I have much to be thankful for. 1. Other than my body rebelling periodically I am relatively healthy considering my medical past 2. I still have a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life 3. My honey smiled at me today with actual love in his eyes for the first time since last November. 4. There is so much more but that is for another day.

I have found that if I look for the positive side I see the blessings that I have in my life. Waking up every morning at 66 is a major one. Doctors told me over 35 years ago after my first two major strokes that I would never reach age 45 let alone 66. So I am definitely blessed.

Besides being stubborn (won't let anything keep me down) and full of mischief ( my halo hangs off my horns) I think this and the good Lord is what has gotten me through everything. I believe he has a plan for me though I have no idea what it is).

Y'all take care, hang in there and have a great night!!
(3)

Dusti- Always so blessed to read your optimistic view. I truly appreciate you.

Sue-Not to take away from anyone else, But I think they might agree, I would have to say that your post was my biggest blessing this day. So beautiful.
I just have one disagreement. Even though it would be so lovely to remove from our minds and our hearts and the scars left to us by those who have harmed us. And even though we wouldn't struggle through so much pain and work trying to overcome it. I would not want to remove it from myself or you. Because everything that has crossed our path in this life good or bad, has made us who we are now. And reading your post shows me what a beautiful heart that you have. Those of us who are injured can then succour those who are injured. You know what I mean? Thank you so much for your words, its as if you are in the same place I am in this life. Can't wait for the glory that will be revealed in us.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:12
(3)

My blessing is the promise of Heaven. A place of all goodness and no evil or sadness (I'm ready for that), the place where the Lord "lives". I'll someday get to meet this God-Man named Jesus and thank Him for His sacrifice that allows me to enter a place of refuge where I will be happy for all eternity.

I just have to "complete my mission" here for the next (?) years. That's the hard part. Ya'll know what I mean. We are all suffering in one way or another.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Earth is such a stark contrast to Heaven. I'm having a hard time not focusing on all the "bad" lately. There is a LOT of bad! I guess I'm disheartened by the lack of change when I pray. But the Lord will not cross a person's free will. So, I've prayed "around" it, trying to think up creative ways to pray so He would not have to cross free will but yet intervene in the lives of those who need it. LOL! That's desperation.

I had a conversation with a friend a few days ago. We talked about what if we could get rid of all the very painful memories (like with a laser in the brain). Would you completely obliterate the memory of someone who has hurt you to the core, to save yourself the pain that comes with those memories? Yes, I would. It's a knife in my heart that no amount of praying has changed. But maybe this pain has a purpose.
It seems we are destined to have our trials and they are for a reason;

1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you greatly rejoice (our inheritance from Jesus), through now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that by your faith--(of greater worth than gold, which perishes, even though refined by fire)--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed......for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

It seems it's our place to "take what we've been given" and try to do the best with it as we can. There are fleeting periods of good times but then we are pulled back to the difficult times and are hanging onto God for dear life. The overwhelming amount of emotions is often more than we can process. It's not surprising that so many of us walk around like deer in the headlights. And we have to do it all by faith.

Psalm 55:16-17 and 22
But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice.
Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never let the righteous fall.

I didn't mean to sound "preachy". It's just where I am today, tryin' to get through.
(5)

Many blessings to be thankful for today. One, I have not run down the street screaming today... just kidding. Seriously, I know I say this every time but I have so much to be thankful for. Reasonable health, a roof over our head and food in our stomachs, our "fur babies", my honey (who will be coming home the 14th with what appears at this point to be an attitude adjustment), the ability to do my art and think clearly after all that has happened as well as much more. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but will face it as it comes and be thankful as I have seen so many who are going through so much worse situations than I am. I do still have some fear but with the Lord's help will overcome any adversity.
(3)

I am breathing.
(2)

The Lord gave me another day to try and do better. And I believe I did a little better than the day before. Hallelujah!

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
Jeremiah 29:11
(2)

Istuscany- What a great blessing. Congrats!
Snoopy- Thank you, met too. Hope you are doing well.

Psalms 68:19
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
(1)

Istuscany, how wonderful! Congratulations!

Smesque, I am glad to hear that the girl was found.
(1)

My blessing showed up last Saturday June 2 in the form of my first grandchild. Everyone’s healthy, and very happy...tired and sleep deprived, but happy. What a contrast from the terrible affects of MS, to the wonder of a new born baby, just to keep a perspective.
(4)

I am blessed that I can see God grow my patience more and more.
Thank you Lord.
(2)

Huge blessing this day. They found the girl. We got a call that they found the 15 year old daughter of acquaintances. Hallelujah! The prayers of many have been answered. Thank the Lord, I have been so sick as to things that could have happened to her. (sigh)

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16
(2)

Dusti- I will keep you in my prayers that you will find a good church. You seem to be on the right path to gaining spiritual health. DOn't let nothing stand in your way. It is THE most important thing in this life. To be right with God.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1 John 2:3
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(1)

smeshque… I have. I have not been to church in a long time but am exploring churches in our area to join. I have also pulled out the relaxation techniques that are rusty and I learned long ago and have started using those again. The stretching, yoga and light exercise as well as the mental relaxation techniques I have been doing along with a lot of soul searching and prayer have helped me find myself again though it has been a short time.
(2)

Dusti-Thank you very much. I am so glad you have had some enlightenment. This place has also been a blessing for me, in much of the same way as you. I am glad you are feeling better these days and I hope and pray it continues.

Snoopy- Thank you and I hope sweet rest for you as well. I hope you had a nice day.

Today was a great Lord's day. Good sermons and one in particular was quite enlightening for me. It was about the parable of the talents. And what are we doing with the gifts that the Holy Spirit has given us. Was a great sermon, one in which I hope to apply to my everyday life.

Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
(1)

Hoping for sweet rest for all here.

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter