Follow

I thought since it seems are lives are so difficult and sometimes on the negative side. Maybe we might just start acknowledging blessings each day. Maybe this will help us keep ourselves from falling into all the negative. Like today I am blessed because I noticed my patience is getting better. I hope you all can see at least one blessing a day. Even though we have many we sometimes don't think about or see. May God Bless.

1 2 3 4 5
Snoopy, so glad your Dad had a good time and enjoyed evry bit of it. It sounds lovely. Hope you received much joy from all of it as well.
We do work hard. Sometimes too hard. It's said idle hands are the devils tools. But, we also have to watch out not to be too busy to remember the important things. I think the devil has a part in that too.
Baking went well, thank you, so much.

My Mom woke up yesterday and wasn't right. She said I feel like crying or screaming and I don't know why. I told her, if she feels that do it, it is ok. I also reminded her what she tells Red the man who lost his wife. That it is ok to be sad and to cry. She said I know. Then my DH and I hugged her and prayed with her, and shortly after she said, my blahs are gone, I feel better.
And then I felt bad all day, concerned if she was really ok or not. But she seemed like she was. We baked and then she was just happy all the live long day. She is still grieving my Dad ,only she fights it.
I just thank the Lord for all his blessings, those that I recognize and those that I don't.
We are truly a blessed people and nation.
(1)

Smeshque, you all sound like a hardworking bunch of folks over at your house! Hope your baking went well.

Lord, thanks for the blessings you gave me today. Thank you for the beautiful church Christmas concert we were able to take Dad to and which he was able to appreciate so much (singing along with the hymns, enjoying every moment). Thank you for the beauty of the lights on the "Christmas street" that we toured afterwards. Thanks for good food, a safe house and a warm bed.

Amen!
(2)

I am so thankful to the Lord. We had a job this week of running 1000 foot water line for a customer. We thought we would have it done in a day. But we hit rock and had to jackhammer the remaining 30 feet, it took us extra day. And the job was about 45 miles from home, tiring. And it was so cold. But thank the Lord we finished it up today and I was able to get would cut for the next few days of freeze we are to have.
Mom loves when we go on a job, its always like a field trip to her. I always find little tasks that she can do because she always wants to help. She truly is one of the hardest working women I have ever met and she still is. Always keeping busy.
Anyway, Hallelujah, job done and bills paid. Now back to baking tomorrow.
(2)

That Wonderful Snoopy! :)
(1)

Beautiful service at church tonight, the first of Advent. Very bold, challenging sermon about Matthew's genealogy of Jesus, all the scandalous people in it. The pastor made it funny, too. Then a quiet evening at home, in safety and peace.

Thanks, Lord!
(5)

The weather was beautiful today. just Lovely.
Winter Wheat is planted.
Praise the Lord!
(2)

Snoopy- So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!!! You deserve them :) Hope more nice days ahead for you.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
(3)

Lots of blessings this Thanksgiving weekend. So glad that my AgingCare friends seem to be shaking off their flu. . . Beautiful fresh air and blue skies here in SF Bay Area (weather pattern had trapped smoke from CA fires in our area until right before Thanksgiving). Plenty to eat and lots of things to appreciate.

Thanks, Lord!
(4)

I am grateful that everyone is safe and warm this night. And we had sunshine today.

“Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” 
Jeremiah 32:27
(2)

Today was a nice day. We finished our food deliveries by 1 and then went and had Chinese Food. Has become our own tradition to have Chinese food, and come home and play Mexican Train.
Then DH and I went to get some firewood in our woods. I took the 4 wheeler and got to ride around for a bit through the woods. It was quite refreshing, I hadn't done that in a while. Well, really since I moved my parents here. What I noticed though was that I was super careful. Before I would zoom through the woods and around. It was fun. But today I just noticed how much more careful I am about things, thinking if anything happens to me, what will she do?

I am also grateful that I am done for the day and get to "put my feet up" at a decent hour. (sigh)

But, it was a wonderful day and I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing it to be so.
(3)

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Luke 6:38
(2)

“Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.” 
2 Chronicles 15:7
(1)

Thank you Frazzled, I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness. I am feeling better today.

The dinner we had for Mom(kind of a dinner to honor my Dad) but it's really for her, something she looks forward to, but wears me out. :) Well, it went well, I believe everyone had a good time. I am exhausted and Mom had a great time, she laughed a lot, which that always makes me happy. So I thank the Lord so much that all that went well and that it is completed for this year.

Hoping to get some much needed rest tonight.
May God bless you all.
(4)

Hugs, Smeshque and Rosses, praying for you and hope you both get to feeling better. Weather changes are hard on the body, not to mention flu season.
(2)

Felt bad most of the day like I was coming down with something. Took some vit C, garlic and some cold/flu meds. Feeling a little better now. Praise God.
I can't afford to get sick.
Had a nice Sunny day.
Hope everyone else who has been feeling under the weather is feeling better.
(2)

Blessed my mothers Cardiologist heard my plea for more fluids for mom. Her quality of life & demeanor were suffering under the 48oz limit. He changed her diuretic & raised the limit to 64oz a day. We survived on 48 for 18 months but halleluia 64! Wouldn't you know it, since it was raised Monday she hasn't gone over 48! Just great to know we can. 18 months ago the last thing on my mind was Dementia, or CHF fluid restriction, life changes fast. Grateful I'm able to adapt.
(7)

Rosses,
So sorry you have the flu. You can definitely count on prayer on your behalf and your Moms as well. So glad the Lord has given you strength to endure,

Snoopy, glad also that you enjoyed some blessings this day. In Him we have our very being.

Much love to you all.
(3)

Truly thanking our Father for always watching over us and providing exactly what we need.

Also, I would very much appreciate if I could count on your prayers so I quickly overcome the flu :/ I have been down with it since last Friday, and you all can understand how being sick as the sole caregiver impacts not only us but the person we care for. It has been very rough, specially because instead of getting better I seem to “evolve” into another phase of the illness. BUT the reason I’m thankful is because although very hard, my mom and I have been able to navigate through this and she has not gotten the flu, which could be ten times worse for her. So thank you in advance for including us in your prayers!
(4)

Some good blessings today. Lord, thanks for keeping us safe and giving us food and shelter. Thanks for every breath we get to take. Each breath is from You.
(4)

Thank the Lord for the Sunshine we had today, quite reviving after the bitter cold and snow. And for every breath.

“And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” 
Luke 18:27
(2)

My Mom is an amazing lady. I have always known that. But today it has been 2 years since my Dad passes, and it is always hard on her, understandably. At church we have 2 people who have fresh grief of losing their spouses. My Mom put aside what she was feeling this day and comforted them. It was a beautiful thing, and what a blessing for me to witness.
(6)

Momshelp- that is quite a blessing. I am so happy for you, maybe a little respite. Quite nice. Thank the Lord.
So glad you shared we all celebrate with you.
(2)

Hi everyone, today I have something to be grateful for. I always have something to be grateful for but this is one I wanted to share & I know only caregivers would truly understand. Last night I had a caregiver stay with mom for the 1st time. It's been only me 6 nights a week & my sister 1 night week for 18 months. Before she needed 24/7 care it was me in the hospital with her or at home as she recovered. A caregiver overnight & she didn't get anxiety attack or overly stubborn. She didn't insist on lady leaving or even leaving her room. I am looking forward to 2 nights at home every other week since this worked. My mother being less stubborn in her dementia than she was in "real" life is something so strange but so helpful. I am grateful & blessed.
(4)

Sue- I am so glad you are out of that situation, I hope you are relieved. Did not seem like a very pleasant situation to be in.

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Luke 6:38
(1)

I was tired and board at my last job and my back was not coping with the physical aspects of it, so I took my 92 year old friend up on her offer to be her caregiver and companion 3 days a week.
( I had been her husband's nurse for a year before he died.) She and I have been good friends for 5 years. I'd take her out to lunch every couple of months.

Oh my goodness, it sure is different being an employee. Unfortunately it was the job from hell. Every morning I would have to endure negative gossip about everyone and everything for 2 hours. If I tried to present the positive aspect, she'd get mad. She wanted sympathy and pity but it really wasn't warranted.

Last Thursday she made a negative racial comment about me (American) being married to a Mexican and that's why I'm poor! (She has no idea what is in my bank account!) I forgave her for that comment.
Thursday was the final straw. She was getting madder and madder as the day went on. I (unfortunately) mentioned that her granddaughter forgot to take the plates and candy when she visited the evening before. She went into a full blown "tantrum", throwing her plastic glass of water in the sink, stomping out of the kitchen while screaming it was "all her fault, she can't do anything right, she messes up everything!"
She then tried to "spin" what I originally said to make it look like I was degrading her. I wouldn't go along with it. I was so shaken that I told her I felt ill and had to leave. I called her the next day to give my resignation.

She has since phoned me twice, hoping to "talk" (talk me out of my decision).
Since nothing will change with her bitter, manipulative, passive/aggressive, prejudiced behavior, I won't be going back.
I'm so greatful and blessed that I don't have to.

I'm praying for her heart and attitude to change, to give the people who are dealing with her a break.

Praise the Good Lord I am no longer under the grip of her mental illness. 🙏🏼
(5)

We helped a friend move today. Brr it was cold. He moved about 2 hours away. Where he moved was about half an hour away from where my Dad was born. My Mom had been talking about visiting there. So even though we got done helping with the move a little later than planned. We decided to take her there. She was very happy about that. And she was super tired when we got back. She went to sleep earlier than normal.
As we drove through the place he was born and lived as a child. I imagined that the road I was on, he possibly traveled as well, only in a wagon not a car. I remembered stories he told about the places there.
It was such a weird experience. I also felt bad because before the Lord took him, he had wanted to visit there. Only it hurt him too much to travel so we never went because he thought it was too far.
Sorry, It is the time of year I get to missing him the most.
Oh and we saw this beautiful elk. Huge guy he was. But so magnificent.

And thank you Lu.

2 Corinthians 1:3
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
(1)

What a wonderful poem smeshque~Thank you so much for sharing it.
(2)

Heart of a Caregiver
by Paula J. Fox

In the world of pain and suffering,
true heroes can be found...
providing special comfort and relief.

They choose to make a difference,
regardless of the cost...
always willing to help others in their grief.

It's hard to persevere at times
A Caregiver's job is tough!
It takes extra strength and courage to get through.

But God designed a HEART for them
to handle every challenge...
so they can DO what others cannot do.

He made this HEART much STRONGER
just to handle all the weight...
of the many heavy burdens it must bear.

And HE covered it with SOFTNESS
to help cushion all the hurt...
with Empathy and tender loving Care.

He also made it FLEXIBLE
to bend but not to break...
when things don't always go the way they're planned.

And it had to be SELF-HEALING
when hurtful things are said...
by those who just don't seem to understand.

He gave it more RESILIENCE
to bounce back and not get crushed...
when disappointment battles against hope.

And He knew a SENSE OF HUMOR
would be needed every day...
to give laughter and prove the strength to cope.

He made it with a battery
that never does run down...
for a Caregiver's day will never end.

It just keeps going...and keeps going,
always one more thing to do...
with another crisis just around the bend.

And of course, this HEART's an upgrade
in so many other ways...
He made it Kinder... more Unselfish than the rest.

With more Patience...and Compassion
and a Love that never ends.
Compared to all the others...it's the BEST!
(2)

I am thankful for the beautiful day we had. A little windy but Sunshine. We had some pie orders to fill, so I always enjoy making pies. I am so very thankful that I had another day to try and do better.

Psalms 26:7
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
(2)

What a great day Snoopy! So glad you had such a nice day. So thankful you shared.

We had the most beautiful evening sky. After a small amount of rain, the sky above our place cleared, and the stars shone so bright. Clouds were circled around us, but above our place clear bright starry sky. It was beautiful.
Thank you Lord
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter