Count your blessings...

Follow

I thought since it seems are lives are so difficult and sometimes on the negative side. Maybe we might just start acknowledging blessings each day. Maybe this will help us keep ourselves from falling into all the negative. Like today I am blessed because I noticed my patience is getting better. I hope you all can see at least one blessing a day. Even though we have many we sometimes don't think about or see. May God Bless.

Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Snoopy that sounds like a great time, so glad you had it.
I always enjoy reading your blessings.

Mom- Keep up the good work. I know it is a struggle.

Had two good sermons today. Both basically about putting life into perspective and what we are really made to do. Its so easy if we think about it, but actually putting it into practice and always doing it is the struggle of this flesh.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:37-40
(1)

Some great blessings today. We took dad for a concert at church tonight, an a cappella men's choir. Very fun. Dad was tuckered out when we got home, but happy. Thanks, Lord!
(3)

Thank you so much for putting things in perspective. I definitely try to look at the better side of things, and remind myself, that although I may be tired and wish I had some me time, I truly know that others may have a heavier load to carry, and I should just be grateful to the Lord for the good days. ..
(4)

Kimberly, please know you are not alone. The Lord is always there just waiting on us to give Him time. And we are all here for you as well. I know it must be difficult. Draw your strength from Him. You are in my prayers.

Psalms 5:3
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
(2)

Thank you for this post. I too agree that starting each day being thankful for what we have is the best way to start our day. My days are rough and lonely since my husband is in the nursing home. I’m trying to get back on a routine. Praying and being thankful first seems to help. God bless you!!
(3)

Definitely, Rosses. Lord, please bless all the good people of your beloved country of Nicaragua, protect the safety and freedom of the people, and please bring your justice and peace to everyone. Amen!
(3)

Rosses-
Definitely praying for the safety of you and your family and peace in your country, and hearts to turn to God.
I know your faith carries you through these times.
Much love and prayers for you.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalms 84:11
(4)

I have a blessing that is important to share, it is the blessing of a lot -and I mean a lot- of people praying for the same cause. This is not caregiving related per se, but if anyone follows international news specifically related to Nicaragua where I’m currently living to take care of my mom, you may have heard that the violence and abuse generated from deep political problems and a government that is trying to quiet down everybody that dares to say anything against them through bullets. Over 500 people dead in five months and so many others in prison or not found. So many families suffering! It is heartbreaking.
Today it was a very rough day as many other people were taken by the government just for trying to do a civil and pacific demonstration. So, myself, my mom (who is suffering a lot with all this, on top of having to deal with her illnesses) and people all over Nicaragua, feeling frustrated and desperate from seeing all this injustice, got united in prayer.

I share this knowing this is out of the caregiving context, but so real, and a true blessing to be able to keep in mind that even though the world may appear to be falling apart around us, there is always the hope that comes from knowing that God is present, even in the midst of despair, He is always present.

And it would be much appreciated if you found a little time to pray for this country that needs to get closer to God and away from individual interests.

Thank you so much!!
(6)

Snoopy, had to laugh when at your post; "But God" is one of my favorite sayings! When we're talking about something we can't do, or seems, impossible, or bad, I say "But God....", and it's much better. NONE of it's impossible for Him, and He's done so many things for us and ours, such a track record.... and almost always in ways we would never have thought of!
(6)

Wonderful Snoopy. Sounds like a wonderful day.Sounds like a great sermon. We all need to hear.
(2)

1 2 3 4 5