Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I love to cook and bake. Fortunately, there are always plenty of people around to eat. I have type 2 diabetes so I don’t eat a lot of what I cook. Mostly, plain southern country cooking. PJ is a good cook. He grew up in the Italian part of Pittsburgh. He does a lot of Italian. On Sunday everyone writes down something they would like to have. I go thru the ideas and plan from there. On birthdays everyone gets their favorites.
(6)

Same here for the winter - nice homemade soups with dried beans. I used to bake bread a lot but haven't since the caregiving days began, but I'll be doing it now that I'm through caregiving (other than for myself!). I can't wait to smell the aroma of freshly baking bread! It's even more powerful on cold days; sometimes I open the window a little to let the aroma waft out into the neighborhood.

Summer is mostly salads. Now that I have more time, I'll have the pleasure of picking my Spring meal outside and cooking it while it's still very fresh, using fresh lettuces, beans, peas, onions and more.

If I still have raspberries, I'll make some more jam. Rhubarb will go into bread. Hopefully I'll be able to make pumpkin pie this autumn, if the raccoons leave enough pumpkins for me.
(6)

Both hubs and I love to cook. Today I made 4 loaves of banana bread, and he is making a Hello Fresh dinner tonight. DD sent us a free box and it came today. We love trying these out ( Home Chef 2 weeks ago).. but I sometimes think they are kind of pricey. I also love to make soup in the cooler months, and we barbeque a lot in the warmer ones. And as my hubs knows every farmer in our area,, we eat corn on the cob almost every day in the summer.. yummy!
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter