My sister and I are having problems with controlling brother. Brother wants to interfere with mom's care in Assisted Living and now on hospice. Sister is POA what can we do if he interferes before she loses her care that she is in need of.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Your sister should provide the original POA to the nursing home and Hospice. Hospice will want you to all sit down and sort this out, they may even provide a referee. Bear in mind, once you sign the Hospice papers, they are pretty much in control, but they have a lot of experience with squabbling siblings.

If sister has POA she can do whatever she wants as long as it is in your moms best interest. And from the sounds of it she might just have to stand up to brother. If mom is on hospice they should have social workers that can help siblings work together to at least agree to disagree.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter