Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Get her some Miralax - it's now over the counter. She takes it every day and it will keep her regular in a more gentle way than a normal laxative. My dad's doc recommended it for him. Get it at any drugstore.
(1)

Have you tried colace or miralax. There are some good "natural" laxatives. Or sometimes probiotics can make a difference. Sounds like Mom might benefit from some "poop pills"
(1)

Roscoe, your problems take the cake. Nobody wants to clean up pee or poop. And having to discuss poop daily in gross detail? No fun.

Have you ever tried the fiber cookies? Metamucil wafers? Drinking the fiber down is unpleasant, but eating cookies is something she might be able to do. If you only give her one until you see how they work, you can avoid a messy clean-up.

Good luck to you.
(2)

I want to add.....my mother was never normal with her bowel movements. Maybe once or twice a week. When she does have a bowel movement, she will say that very little came out....or she'll say nothing came out, when in fact she did poop. I used to give her milk-of-mag......but I refuse to clean up the mess afterwards, so milk-of-mag is not allowed in the house. I refuse to clean feces that is dripped across the carpeting/floor......I draw the line there. That is why milk-of mag is banned.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter