Follow

I am sending my condolences to all forum members who have lost family in the last few months. In sifting through some recent (and older) posts I have read about a mother or father who have passed.
I really wish that we could have an "In Memoriam" corner in the forum so that we do not miss reaching out to someone who has lost a parent or loved one.
Caregiving is so isolating and overwhelming, that losing someone special creates such an ubrupt end to all the chaos; and I think that it is just as hard to deal with.
Again, my heartfelt condolences and please feel free to post here if you have lost someone recently.
Lilli

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Today,Dic. 31 would have being 38 years, that my LOVING HUSBAND AND I MET. IT was a blind date .we were married 37 years .he die in my arms 8 months ,and 21 days ago . he had parkinson. i was also his caregiver. I missed my love so very much,
(0)

Our very dear friend, SecretSister lost her father on December 9th. She was a member here before I arrived and has been so generous to both me and others in offering her support and prayers.

My condolences on the passing of her dear Father.

Please drop by her wall:
https://www.agingcare.com/Members/SecretSister
(1)

We are friends and family here. Our reason for being on Aging Care is to support each other and share a common bond, which is often caring for end of life loved ones. I think the Memorium thread should be mainstreamed just as Breath of Fresh Air is, on every page as a place of honor and remembrance. Thank you, Lilli, for creating it. Heartfelt Condolences to my friend, Jamie.
(1)

Cargi: I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom one year ago. It is good that you are remembering her and celebrating her life.
(0)

Our friend and forum member yellowfever, lost her mother this week. She has been a devoted daughter and kind forum member. Please take time to go to her wall to offer condolences. May she rest in peace.

Lilli
(1)

A year ago on DEC.24 at 2 am my MOM was taken to heaven.Went to the cemetery and we sang and remember how MOM,loved this CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY.SHE is missed as much as the first day.I was blessed .by caring for MOM.
(0)

Our friend and forum member DT, lost his mother this week. He has been a devoted son and supportive forum member. Please take time to go to his wall to offer condolences. May she rest in peace.

Lilli
(0)

Our good friend "CallMeIshmael" lost his grandmother last week.

I am sending him my sincerest condolences on his loss. As many of you know, he was a devoted caregiver to his grandmother, who lived to be 105 years old...due in great part to his care.

I send my blessings to all those who have lost a loved one in the last few months.

Lilli
(0)

Our fellow forum member Denisenini lost her mother this morning. I would like to offer my sincerest condolences for her loss.

May her soul and all the souls of the dearly departed rest in peace.

Lilli
(0)

Piratess: I am so sorry for your loss. When did your Mom pass? My heart goes out to you. It is hard to be surrounded by her things and all that "quiet." I think we get caught up in all the activity of caregiving that we do not know what to do with all that empty time. Take some time away from your house. Can you take a trip or get together with friends? I hope you will eventually find some peace...Lilli
(0)

Thanks Lili for your condolences...it is hard to be on this site still after you have lost a loved one, it's hard to read the topics you went through all ready. It's tough knowing they are no longer there. I cry as well for my mom, and what makes it tougher is I moved into her house so am surrounded by all her things.

Ludi...oh so sorry for your loss.
(0)

RG1232011 - lost mother last week .
sorry for your loss ...
(0)

I lost my best friend Sunday morning - mom. I will miss her. I feel like I should have done more. I feel guilty, hurt, sad. I miss her voice. My eyes are red from crying and my nose is sore from blowing it so much.
(0)

Our good friend Ludwig517 lost her mother recently. I would like to offer her my sincerest condolences. You were a wonderful daughter and I hope you can find serenity in knowing that she suffers no longer.....Lilli
(1)

This is a great idea!
(0)

Ed, I agree. Most of us here have no one among our family and friends who either understands our role as caregiver or how incredibly draining it is, so we rely on each other here in the forum. When a parent passes, all the extended family goes back to their lives leaving the caregiver to deal with extreme grief and lonliness....and the feeling of "what do I do now."

I encourage our site managers to consider a special place where people can post the passing of a loved one and for others to send their condolences and offer support. And I encourage all who have lost a parent to stay here and share their wisdom with those of us who are still struggling with this journey.

And I agree, too, we are family...true family members do not turn their backs on you when you need them.
(2)

LILLI:

You're absolutely right. An "In Memoriam" corner would definitely fill a void that makes some of us isolate and fall off the map for months at a time. After all, WE are family and need to look out for one another.
(0)

piratess2011: so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. My condolences.
(2)

Cargi: My most sincere condolences. I am so sorry for your double loss so close together. It is like slamming on your breaks...going from crazy busy to so quiet. I hope that time is the healer everyone says it is.
Lilli
(1)

thank you,i lost my husband 18 days ago,it is like a nightmare;that i cant wake up.only those who have lost someone that is loved so much,can understand our feelings.ialso lost my MOM in 12/24/10.iwas her caregiver for more then 2 years.she lived with us for22 months.so my two loved ones are gone almost one after the other.GOD and our y5 children,are keeping me,sane.but is so very very lonely without my husband. thank you all.and may GOD bless you all for caring.
(2)

that is a good idea lilli . i came across to some and didnt know thier parent had passed , send them hugs ,
hugs to all the caregivers ! xoxox
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter