Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Dear emmakay,

Oh boy, does this ever bring back memories of ugliness. My 88 yr. old sister responded and donated to EVERY charity, church, politican, until her mailbox would not hold her mail. She'd even get cash back from some of them. (5 cents to $5). Hopefully you get a "handle" on it soon, or it will be terrible and take years to get off all the mailing lists. Publisher's Clearing House is another abuser of Seniors, especially in Florida. My sister owed them over $2,000, because of all the trinkets, books, candy, collectibles they delivered to her door. We had to rescue her from this, though she wasn't happy with us, by bringing her to live with us, where she's been for 18 months. Now her 10 yr. old disease is very bad, and we're trying to get more help for her and move to elsewhere. She is refusing to move now, which leads to another whole story. I'll stop here though. You're lucky to watch her account online and she might understand what you're doing and why you're doing it. It's truly an ugly disease. Seems like these charities, companies, etc. really prey on our seniors. Take it seriously, and good luck!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter