Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
I'm gonna be a Great Auntie!
(7)

My leg doesn't hurt today! (I've been dealing with sciatica for three weeks.)
(8)

Got tax returns mailed yesterday - yay!
(4)

Yay for you MsMadge.
Monday is a good day for me.....do taxes or die.....

It's been awhile-somewhere in the back of my mind,  I recall a State of CA form to sign and file...or does the IRS take care of if?  Was so spoiled before, sign here, the tax atty. did the rest.  I've got this-well, I have doubts, but I can find out, there is still time.  Brilliant, I can become brilliant overnight!  No worries, refund expected.....
(2)

Snail mail? That's my speed too!
(3)

Celebrating!!! My taxes filed and mailed.
Maybe not so brilliantly, but by next year, maybe I can learn more.
SIX DAYS, it took six days!
(4)

Cwillie - congrats on the great auntie!

Jeanne, glad the leg is better!

For me:
Celebration: the taxes are done! Mine were completed at almost zero hour last night, but they're done, filed, accepted by the IRS and on time. That's all I care about. Did Mom's final return as well. One more "final" thing done for her after her passing. Now I just have to get this house mess handled.

Our yard guy came and mowed today for the first time this season. I thought he was coming tomorrow and didn't get the doggie landmines cleaned up in time. Oops. Good thing he's a friend and understanding. Makes it truly seem like spring when the mowing starts.
(5)

Got mom to the podiatrist and despite her cussing the poor woman out she didn't kick
Her as she threatened to do
(3)

Bringing this thread back up

Mom let a caregiver give her a shower tonight !
(3)

Seeing my colleagues celebrate Star Wars day May 4th was fun. Everyone had Star Wars t-shirt and one had a cute R2D2 slippers. I'm looking forward to celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Look forward to getting a taco with chorizo. One of my favorites.
(1)

I was recently in contact with TWO of my old friends! Very nice. We are getting together soon.

My LO is coming along fine in MC. Her spirits are excellent!

And......I have now lost 25 pounds! I may not be down to bikini weight by summer, but, definitely some cute shorts!
(2)

If I dont start celebrating something it could be my end. I have gained 60 pounds in 2 years. I have been a caregiver for 10 to my widower father in law. I cant do it any more. I have known I have been at the end for years, but cant bring myself to divorce. I am hospitalized every year for something not in my age group. I began caregiving at 37 when my 72 year old father in law had a stroke. I am 47 now. I have had pneumonia countless times, pulmonary embolism, chronic migraines, gallbladder surgery, hepatitis (unexplained & hasnt returned). 2 back surgeries. My surgeon doesnt think it is from picking my father in law up off the floor multiple times when he lost the use of one hand in the stroke and he weighs 220. So invalidating. I am not saying it was from picking him up lopsidedly from the floor, Shower and such, but to be dismissed killed me. Anyway. My aim was to seek something positive for me. Becasue in 10 years it has never been about me. I need to take care of me and this is my first step.
(7)

Welcome candi,

My dear you have come to the right place - where is your husband when his father is on the floor or needs a shower ?

Although it is the middle of the night there are plenty of night owls among us

Please start your own post with a question and I'm sure you'll see some helpful replies
(1)

(((((((candi)))))) - time for you!

My celebration is that I had a very good refreshing sleep last night. CFS/FM makes you overly sensitive to light, noise etc. I had the TV off most of the day, and partially closed the venetian blinds. Trying that again today!
(3)

Hey M2M, thanks for starting this thread. Hope you're still doing reasonably well with regard to your mom's passing Saturday.

I have a celebration to share. :) Or, the start of one. It's a sunny, spring Monday morning here and I am up and at it for MYSELF and MY LIFE fully for first time in a long time. There's still a few things outstanding and will be ongoing detachment/boundaries needed but my dad lives a whole state away, is in a safe place, and is in others' care now. I really, really want to go after my life now. So -- where to start?

I'm not going to make job stuff a priority this week (though I do have to make a few contacts) and instead do a Re-entry To A Self Caring Life. Juicing, a little jogging, light gym routine, tanning (yes, why not), and all out at the salon (whatever beautifying, relaxing, and nice things I can think to do for myself).

That's what I want to do this week, for myself, to remind myself that I matter. I need to post it here so I can come back and make myself accountable to tell you guys how much I cared about MYSELF this coming week. Here's to MEEEEEE. lol (That would sound so self absorbed coming from anyone except a caregiver who just got out of "jail" lol).
(7)

I did very well on my first day, and now sleep. I didn't do the fun things yet, but I prepped for the fun things, so now I'm ready to do them later this week! Great day. :)
(5)

I am celebrating being able to jump in the car spontaneously and go wherever I want. I know it sounds cold but I had been so tied down.
(7)

There is no true guilt for taking care of ones self! Or there doesn't need to be.
Not cold Mom2Mom

Turned off t.v. by 10 p.m., watching news less and less, kindle in drawer by midnight, lights out. Waking again at 3 a.m. is just routine days before the full moon. (happens to me, even if I ignore it or don't mention it.)

Tonight, just because I can, driving to the store for ten minutes-practicing freedom while I still can.
(4)

Celebrating a shower every day, it so helps all the pain!
(3)

6 weeks after flood we have flooring in all rooms. Son made first cut in process for internship to be decided next week. Beneficiaries and VA paperwork completed and submitted for best friend's Mom. Woohoo. And by the way M2M I agree on spontaneous jump in car or not arranging coverage in advance. Oh and the water is back on after toilet repair so shower for first time in 2 days...dance to the music!!
(4)

So, I come home Tuesday evening and my husband (who is not from the complainers) tells me he doesn't feel well. Turns out his urine has been dark for a day. It's already 6 PM, so we go to urgent care.

They dx blood in his urine. He's on Coumadin ever since his aortic valve/aorta replacement in 2005. Doc says, you really need an INR reading tonight, so you need to go to an ER. I ask for a recommendation and he sends us to a place I never would have thought of.

It was a very fortunate choice. They drew blood; his INR, which should be 2.5-3.5, was 17. Dangerous, possible fatal range. Transported by ambulance to the hospital affiliated with this ER. spent two nights there, treatment worked and he's back home. Somehow, things work out sometimes.
(10)

Yes, things do work out sometimes, Barb, and I am so glad.
The stars align, or the gods align; Nah, that's not it.......

The good patient reports to the good caregiver who reports to the good urgent care who reports to the good E.R. who reports to the good hospital, who fixes the good patient who complies with the good treatment so both return back to their good home. Praise God!
And congratulations!
(6)

Guestshopadmin,
So happy for you, your hubs, and the cats! The cats did survive, did they?
(4)

Barb,
Good news indeed !
(2)

Very happy for a fortuitous outcome when you noticed a problem, Barb. Celebration worthy, for sure! Very happy and also relieved for you to avoid a bigger problem with infection or whatever happens when the situation goes unattended.. Good job. :)
(5)

Barb your husband is so fortunate to have you. I wanted to wish all you wonderful moms and grandmothers on this thread a Happy Mother's Day weekend. Thank you for all your support and information on this forum.
(2)

Hey Send! Cats are fine. We boarded them at vet for 2 days during flooring install because we could not put them in a room with closed door since flooring install was 4 rooms. Funny, one is 11 year black long hair Siamese mix. He has become a biter. I think stress related to the other cat we've had a year and the flood and aftermath. The fans and water remediation team...the concrete instead of floor..baseboards hanging off. Wellllll, I told the vet tech when we dropped off, the vet, the receptionist, he has become a biter. My husband shrugs it off. When we pick up, the bill includes ketamine and pet tranquil and a shortened vet check up and a single typed word FRACTIOUS. The tech saw me and mouthed "you were right". It took 3 people including hubs, falconer gloves and pillowcase to get cat into cat carrier. Another shirt shredded. Cat also peed on hubs. I wish people would listen to my stress warnings. Cats are little autistic critters who follow own rules and hate change. Maybe that is why I've been successful primary caregiver to our son. I understand anxiety. But same cat is now purring at my feet with his mouse and sleeping box. It takes so little when you understand the rules.
(3)

So cool, a cool cat that pees on your hubs and sits at your feet. Hmmmn.
(1)

A day at Disney beats a day wiping butts any time. I am eating my way around world showcase, alone, and loving every minute of it.
(4)

It's the month of May and the jacaranda are in bloom

Zenyatta had a filly and she's up and running
(1)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter