Follow

Unflippingbelieveable! Two days ago the headlines boasted about many animal shelters across the USA are or have been emptied during this corona virus pandemic because all of their animals have found homes! And that is so awesome!!! (the beautiful lemons during this crisis). We all smiled about this wonderful news.
Today, all the headlines are about the first two cats in NY that tested positive for corona virus. Of course, now it’s game on with all of the theories etc. as to how it spreads human to animal vise verse, could your pet get it, why can’t Fluffy breathe and somebody’s going to bank off of face masks for pets. Hey, media, way to bring down the house! Enough is enough already! In my opinion, this whole Corona virus thing is suspicious in its origin, how it has spread rapidly from its place of origin around the world EXCEPT for two MAJOR cities that are only 100 miles each way from where it started, why lockdown and politics are influencing mandatory actions and so forth.
Why can’t ‘they’ leave are beloved pets alone? There’s enough devastation from the ungodly number of human lives being lost, impacted and changed because of a virus that should have never happened. And as soon as we all hug our furks (fur kids) a little tighter and smile about emptied shelters, ‘they’ rev up the focus and hysteria on our source of sanity and comfort- our pets.
Enough is enough.
susan xoxoxo
End Venting Here

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Snarky, sheeple & pie holes-oh my!!!
lmao thank you for the much needed guffaws!
And Ms. Shell- a GINORMOUS HUG & thank you for EVERYTHING you have done over the years for every kitty destined to find you and your love!
meh aging care BESt faceless family I’ll never meet has yet again made my day and made the world feel like more than just a pimple on the butt of the universe!
susan xoxoxo
(1)

I personally am tired of seeing unwanted cats roaming around lost and confuse! The poor things had homes, but because people got tired of them or couldn't afford them or just simply didn't want their cat they just abandoned them!🐈

I recuse cats for 20 yrs! That is a lot of heartbreaks. Some I took in and others I found homes for...but for some I had to put down because they were to sick...I carry scars on my heart for every cat that I tried to save!🐈💕

I just hope the people who took these cats and dogs in will keep them.😺

Isthisrealyreal, is right! It is much easier to deal with a mean crazy LO when you have a fur baby that you can love and play with or just laugh at when your fur baby is just be silly! 🐕

Animals help with our mental health. They lower Blood Pressure and help with Depression as well as anxiety!🐕🐈💕💙

Worried,
Media should be ashame of themselves! The pain that they cause! Unbelievably!!🐕

😣
(3)

So, after the tigers were confirmed to have the virus at the Bronx Zoo, the 'veterinary society' recommended that pet owners everywhere act responsibly by washing their hands ............are you ready? .....................before and after each contact with their pet! WHAT? My dog lives on me. She sleeps on my face. She lives to be petted at all times. To recommend we wash our hands before and after each interaction with our PET is not only ridiculous, it is IRRESPONSIBLE!

I sure wish the media would shut their PIE HOLES already! This brings 'if it bleeds it leads' to a whole new low, doesn't it?
(3)

all I have to say that is the media is turning people in to sheeple and it’s a fact that cats have their own strain of corona virus and the media should be ashamed of themselves. No one needs to throw their cat out on to the street.
(4)

Vvery agreed with you.
(0)

JoAnne29 & Isthodteslyreal,
thank you for the luv.
susan xoxoxo
(0)

Hey Minsu- if you think my tin foil hat is on too tight regarding this post? (insert evil laugh here)
You will certainly enjoy my other postings under the name Pharsytid
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time.
Drammamama- I apologize to you for “venting “ on this caregiver SUPPORT forum. My bad, obviously.
(0)

We do occasionally have "off the wall" discussions.

Actually, the virus was only found in animals and it mutated to effect humans. I think it was mentioned a while back that cats can be infected but I don't think dogs can.

This whole virus thing is questionable. And since China has been dealing with it longer, wonder why a vaccine has not been introduced. I think law enforcement is going overboard. OK to allow teachers to drive all over town beeping and saying Hi to their students. OK to let the Easter bunny travel around town in a truck waving Hi to the kids. But not ok for families who live together to drive around counting bears and eggs. Why, they said it was just not families but they were including neighborhood kids, other relatives, which was not true. They said the Govenor banned it but nothing official was posted. So, parents continued to search for bears.
(1)

What do any of the rants about Corona virus have to do with caregiving?

It helps the poster to vent and that is what matters. Not some snarky comment trying to make someone feel bad for venting, how is that helpful when someone is upset enough to share their feelings?

I think the point is that the one safe comfort caregivers have during their caregiving journey is now being made unsafe by the medias opinionated reporting.
(3)

I think your tin foil hat is on a bit too tight.
(2)

What does this rant have to do with caregiving?
(1)

That’s a good point.
My fear is also that they won’t get past the hysteria and speculation phase before they are euthanized or worse.
susan xoxoxo
(1)

The story doesn't end there because I believe once people go back to work they won't be able or willing to care for the animals they borrowed and a lot of them will go back to the shelters.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter