Follow

I chose to care for mum, at her age, 91. I even left my job as a manager, to spend more time with her. I realize that my time with her now, is worth more than what I can do by adding to my career, bank account or otherwise.

I know this might sound cliché, but I made a choice and I am happier for it, and so is mum. Yes we may not have much, but we have each other and this time to spend together.

I guess if I was younger, I might do different, and have in fact in my past choices, which has affected mum in many ways.

Now given a second chance to do this right, then let me make the right step and do the best with what God has given me....mum!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Congratulations on being the awesome person you are. Your statement is right on point. You are a rare breed that knows the true value of how to treasure what you have - your Mother. She raised an amazing, caring daughter. The world needs more people like you.
(0)

I think he's a son.
Please let us know how things are going! A lot of us here have been in the trenches and can offer good tips. Be well.
(1)

Thanks Barb and Jazzy for your comments. Yes I am a son and I know most of the time its the daughter who steps up when duty calls. For me as a son, I want this role and responsibility for my mum. So I treasure our time together and dont complain when I wake twice or more in the middle of the morning to take mum to the rest room.....I am reminded that being able to do this for mum, is a blessing not a chore. God bless.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter