Caregivers coffee break...

Follow

🤝Welcome👐

This is a fellowship thread.....

Its free flowing...

All topics encouraged....

Talk about whatever you want, anything and everything.

What you did today.

How you're feeling.

Link a music video, movie video, funny animal video. Whatever interest you. Anything from the mundane, to the seriously deep. From ghosts to aliens!

With 7 billion people on this planet, NO ONE should feel lonely! This is your thread, make it work for you!

*PAIN SHARED, IS CUT IN HALF*

*JOY SHARED, IS MULTIPLIED*

*WHEN YOU SPEAK FROM THE HEART,

*YOU SPEAK TO THE HEART.*

*LAUGHTER IS HEALING*

So how are you today. What are your interests?

Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4
I got this great little book called Small Batch Preserving from Amazon. The recipes make just a few jars at a time - it gives me the fun of canning without it being an all day job. There's a peach jam recipe that you make in the microwave - peaches, sugar and lemon juice. I'm hoping to get a few jars of dilly beans put up for the holidays.

Mmmm....bread and butter pickles.
(2)

My hubs made pickled banana peppers that just go in the fridge..no canning needed. He got the recipe off the internet, and they are really yummy. Not bad for first time.. but BF said they need more sugar.. an easy fix
(2)

This time of year relish and chili sauce use veg that are in season and are easy and good, or salsa!
(1)

I have tried many pickle recipes over the years and they are always... not quite what I'm looking for. Now jams are easy - fruit, sugar and follow the directions that come with the pectin. Jams and jellies that aren't as readily available at the store can be a real treat!
(1)

I feel like making some food to either pickle or jar or can. Any ideas? I had a roommate in college with a grandmother who made her own pickles and they were so delicious I thought I might try buying some cucumbers and getting a good recipe to put pickles in jars as give-aways for the holidays. Thought I might make my own labels too. I need a distraction. Anyone have any ideas on this? Any recipes? Thanks friends.
(0)

How are you doing Pepsee? Have been thinking about you and also have worried as it doesn't seem as you have posted recently.
(3)

Staffbull, if even a part of a day is good that is an accomplishment that doesnt disappear. I love desserts. I hope you really enjoyed yours.
(1)

I am a very happy and positive person with great faith. But....this caregiving thing 24-7 is REALLY hard. Due to multiple health problems my husband has paralysis on the left side, trouble eating and drinking and swallowing his own secretions. he has been non weight bearing for 19 months due to partial foot amputations from several really bad infections. We had really wonderful infectious disease Doc and Podiatrist specializing in wound care here in Utah and managed to get the wound soooo close to all healed up that he can now start to stand up. If transfers could get easier I am gong to be so grateful. My challenge is that his mind is very clear and memory great. That makes it difficult for him to deal with his lack of mobility and incontinence. He was very active and all of this started with stubbing his toe. So many demands and I have to remind him that just because I can do something it doesn't mean I should. I have back problems and if I get hurt he will be in a world of difficulty. Thanks for letting me vent.
(2)

i actually had a really good day. i went to a meeting and then to lunch with a friend. we went to this beautiful restaurant right on the lake and i even had dessert 🍮. as some of you know i have been struggling with anorexia for 39 years and i was actually doing okay after i got out of treatment again in august. however, life happened again this january. but my friend said that her relationship with me is different than it is with her other friends. she said that i seem to talk about my past and our conversation is deeper. i actually got really emotional and i felt like there was something wrong with me. i am kinda feeling like that a lot. i feel like someone is telling me that who i am is not right. i can’t really explain it but even my therapist said that i don’t dress right. i really need a little positive feedback but maybe there isn’t any to give. actually i just want to have no feedback. i just realized i started this out saying i had a great day but as i am writing this i guess it wasn’t so good. i am actuality emotional again. i am so sorry. i guess i am just venting.
(0)

First CD arrived today! IT'S MORE AWESOME THAN I EVEN HOPED! :-D
(0)

1 2 3 4
Related
Questions