Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
4 5 6 7 8
I wonder why really old threads are kept. No longer current and those people may not even be posters. Interesting to me.
(1)

😢😭😥💔🥺️
Thinking if I were given the opportunity to delete not only my account, but also every word I ever said on Aging Care, like BarbBrooklyn, now would be the time to join her.

As it is, one can delete their account, and it is closed, but all their posts remain
as Anonymous, f o r e v e r .
(0)

I hate that Barb is gone. She helped me so much. I will miss her. I wish her the very best.

She’s interesting and extremely intelligent. She gave sound advice, yet very compassionate. I felt that she was always fair.

I don’t exactly understand the conflict because I missed it. I certainly don’t want to speculate because there are missing pieces for me.

All I can say is that I feel Barb was genuine. When I fell apart she sent wonderful private messages that kept me afloat when I was rapidly drowning. I will forever be grateful.
(3)

Anyone who has a need to know can contact the AC admins/community moderator and ask.
(0)

CM,
Guess you would have had to been there and seen for your own eyes.
Discussing this now, speculating, just furthers the dissension and inflames the situation. It was not as simple as ignoring or not reading, to explain. However, explaining has me pretty much burnt out.
People on the Careger's Behaving Badly thread are awake.

Gordon Bennett
It’s getting passé now, but it was common in the last decades of the twentieth century to hear British speakers say Gordon Bennett! when they wished to express surprise, incredulity, or exasperation. “Gordon Bennett — he couldn’t even keep himself sane, let alone anyone else,” as a character says in Red Dwarf by Grant Naylor. The expression has long puzzled lexicographers.
(0)

This place is definitely not going to be the same without BarbBrooklyn! Her wonderful advice will be greatly missed!
(4)

CM said:
Countrymouse
Jan 24, 2020
I'm quoting from The Times which is quoting from The Independent and awards it Headline Of The Week for this:

"Man who robbed bank wearing pillowcase without eye holes arrested after fleeing 'very slowly' then stopping to pat a dog, court hears."

Not a career criminal, then, one has to hope.

Then, I said:
"
Sendhelp
22 hours ago
OK, so I put some holes in the pillowcase, what's next? Hubs doesn't want to wear it because it will be covering his nose.

Then MsMadge said:
"
MsMadge
12 hours ago
Face mask for new virus?

Now, I am saying, no one is going to get my jokes unless they read back a few.

No problem, because I always appreciate MsMadge's posts, so many are funny.
MsMadge, we've been to Sprouts last night. Never knew that WEDS., after a flyer expires, is called double Weds., and one can buy yesterday's flyer sales, and Weds. flyers sales that day! So, the BOGO (buy one, get one free) allowed us to buy two chuck roasts for what ends up to be $3.00/lb.
And the oatmeal raisin cookies were scrumptious.!!!

And, CM, you are a very funny person too, always appreciate your posts. That report on the pillowcase was great!
(1)

Cwillie,
What does this mean, what you just said?
I think you are correct in saying that someone's true intent is impossible to read in the written word.

You just said:
"Send's tongue in cheek admission of trolling"......

"Admission" of trolling?
What is that?

Can you please explain it to me?

It is so very sad to lose BarbBrooklyn after all these years.
(0)

People do know they can easily delete messages sent to their message board, do they? There are three dots in the top right hand corner of each message, click on those and you're offered options to Delete or Report.
(1)

Yes certainly to the last bit - jogging the "caregivers behaving badly" audience to wake them up is NOT trolling!
(0)

Well there was some trolling and there was some scolding, which unfortunately I was part of, then apparently there were nasty PMs that I thankfully only know about 2nd hand.
I think some of it is about the impossibility of reading true intent in the written word - it actually seems that Send's tongue in cheek admission of trolling and sh*t disturbing has been taken seriously 😞
(2)

WHAT has been going on while I wasn't looking? I got an email from the admins a couple of days ago explaining code of conduct rules and saying what they'd done about a thread that had gone a bit nuclear, apparently, but I didn't do anything about it because I didn't know what they were talking about and I've done seven early shifts in a row this week so I've been half-asleep at home; and now there's discussion that Barb has left and unfortunately her messages to me have all vanished so I can't even go back and check.

😟

Gordon Bennett, people - ignoring comments and threads you don't like must be the simplest option, surely?
(5)

Face mask for new virus?
(3)

OK, so I put some holes in the pillowcase, what's next? Hubs doesn't want to wear it because it will be covering his nose.
(2)

Goodnight Brats~Sleep well
(2)

Some trolls have nothing better to do and they will never be through~
(1)

Sorry Send - wrong thread. It was the one about the government. But the persons who PM’d me were on the Venue thread.
(0)

I think that thread must have gotten pretty lively after I logged off last night.
(1)

Send, Are you referring to your posts on that thread about Has the venue changed? I got a couple of nasty PM’s because I simply agreed with Elaine 1962. I reported one to the administrators. It used your favorite phrase “get over yourself”.
(0)

MsMadge,
It isn't so.
I just was behaving badly.
I wanted to see what fun it is to actually lie, to incite people to become upset,
to garner mean nasty followers to join in negative posting.

It is okay, I did not enjoy it, and it won't happen again.

Sorry everybody. This thread is not for the really bad.

Love from Send.
(2)

CM,

Hahaha, fact can be stranger than fiction. Let’s hope he is not a career criminal.
(1)

I'm quoting from The Times which is quoting from The Independent and awards it Headline Of The Week for this:

"Man who robbed bank wearing pillowcase without eye holes arrested after fleeing 'very slowly' then stopping to pat a dog, court hears."

Not a career criminal, then, one has to hope.
(4)

Say it isn't so, Send
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
(0)

Well, halfway through the month, and I never made any New Year's Resolutions.
(3)

You're a star, Pam 🌟
(2)

My heart swelled with appreciation right away because I almost lost Mother that way one night at a Chinese restaurant.
Mother had something caught in her throat and just got up from the table and went to the Women's bathroom because she didn't want anyone to see she had a problem and my SIL followed her in there and did the Heimlick on her and saved her.
(7)

2020 UPDATE:
People do know we are joking, correct?
(1)

Pammzi,
You did good!
What a blessing, all around. The kind that comes back to you multiplied.
Thank you for such a nice story.
Did anyone else reading this smile, tear up, and heart swell with appreciation for Pamzi?😂

In reality, she took on a big guy, shoved her fist into his stomach, from behind.
I doubt if the poor guy even saw her coming, she is so tiny.
(4)

Way to go Pam!
(3)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter