Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
2 3 4 5 6
There's only 75 calories in each one CM, 75 X 9 = ....... 😨😨
oooh, you ARE bad
(PS - they sound delicious)
(3)

😯

I just noticed on my packet of Border's Lemon Drizzle Melts that "once opened" they are "best stored in an airtight container."

Is your stomach airtight, does anyone know?

You only get nine in a packet.

😳
(3)

My Mother used to sing"I wanna go to the Zoo with You",a song she made up.
(3)

My mother used to sing that song.
(2)

I love Judy Garland's recording of that song.
(1)

🐦
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
High above the chimney tops,
That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
High above the chimney tops,
That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?
Source: LyricFind
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
(1)

The problem with going so far back in history, is that the original cast members have died.
"Are there any cast members still alive from the Wizard of Oz?
No. All of the principal cast is dead. As of the 24 May, 2018[1]passing of the last living Munchkin, Jerry Maren (who portrayed one of the three representatives of the Lollipop Guild) at age 98, every actor who received an on screen credit or spoke dialogue in the Wizard of Oz is dead."

Sad news.
(1)

The Tin Man lives in Munchkin Country in the Land of Oz and he provided shelter for Dorothy and Toto their first night in Oz on their way to Emerald City.
(2)

History lessons Luckylu? Following the yellow brick road.....
Still the same places, states apart?

Today Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri remain two separately incorporated cities but together, along with a number of other cities and suburbs, are part of the Kansas City Metropolitan area.

Where does the Tin man live?
(2)

Dorothy and ToTo are still in Kansas~
(2)

Kansas City Chiefs....are in Missouri?
o m g .
They are not in Kansas anymore?
(1)

Interesting game. Never liked the 49er's or the Chiefs being a Bronco fan. But, I was rooting for the Chiefs, haven't won a Super Bowl in 50 years! Good to see a different team win. Congrats you Chiefs fans!
(4)

They did it!!!
And the Show me State has shown 'em!!!
(5)

Hey Here we go luckylu! K.C. Chief's for the win! How 'bout our boy's tonight?!
(1)

I hope they haven't lost it BootShopGirl.......COME ON CHIEF'S~
(1)

After catching up a little on here, I have no idea what happened. In our family it is code word "Bambi". I think it was Thumper the bunny that said "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say 'nothin at all". If somebody is getting mean we say "Bambi". But moving on this Kansas girl says Go Chief's! Whoops we may have just lost it right there. Dang. Goodnight my loves! I love you all!
(1)

IT'S TIME!!!
GO CHIEF'S!!!
(1)

I have been away from the forum for a little while. Not sure what happened recently but I agree with all who acknowledge how personal this journey is for everyone. I myself have dealt with having my parents care and estate hijacked by a selfish family member - not even a sibling. We were lucky - we were able to get her out of the picture and all the legal damage reversed. We persevered through that nightmare by always doing the right thing and for the right reason. With that, YOU CANT GO WRONG.
Now comes the rest of the journey. There again, in caring for our parents we are determined to give them the end of life experience they want and deserve. We are on our 3rd agency for 24/7 care and my parents are very happy with them. They both have Alzheimers and are still mobile and able to make their wishes known- they just need help and supervision. Even with 24/7 care, it sure feels like something comes up every day. One or both not having a good day and trying to send the caregivers away, clogging the toilet b/ c they put something in it they shouldn’t have, agency not able to replace a caregiver who called out (hopefully that’s resolved), MD Appts, etc.... we fought so hard to get our parents back it’s hard to be cynical about those things- so far.
I truly believe in Karma and even if you were never close to those you find yourself responsible for, doing the right thing for someone else will change your life
I know my boys have a whole new respect for the elderly and for putting others who need help before themselves. If that lesson Is the best gift I ever give them that’s fine with me.
As for my parents, they will have everything they need and as happy a life from now til the end as possible That’s the best we can do for them. What an honor to be given that responsibility.
(4)

We have a "special"mustard jar in the frig,I always hope someone will open,because a big surprise pops out when you open it,kinda like a pickle.....
(1)

Pam,

A pickle? That’s hilarious!
(1)

Wouldn’t that be an interesting job to have? Writing cards? I couldn’t do that job! Some are great and some are not so great. So many people do the online cards. Not the same for me as a nice card that arrives in your mailbox or attached to a present.

I stopped mailing Christmas cards. I used to send cards to people who still send them to me. I stopped that too. Kind of a pain. Some people love sending them. I hate those letters in some of them. Hahaha, sorry but I do. They all sound so rehearsed and contrived.
(2)

my husband recieved a card:
I ordered you a computer online for your birthday.
Inside:
But it crashed!

The cards come printed with those 'funny' sentiments.
Gershun, that wasn't a funny sentiment.

CM was right. Who, really, are we supposed to give them to?
(1)

Countrymouse that's funny! My sister once got me a Birthday card that said "I know that this card isn't much but then neither are you"

Yep.........
(1)

I nearly bought a birthday card in town today that read:

"I saw this card and thought f*** it, that'll do."

It made me laugh to myself all afternoon, but who could you possibly send it to?
(10)

Of course wear a mask, MsMadge, it is part of the celebration! A beautiful happy, colorful mask!
(1)

Only if you've already been wearing one to avoid catching all the other strains of 'flu that are going around, MsMadge.

It isn't that I don't understand people's anxieties, or governments' anxieties not to be accused of not doing enough to "control" the pandemic; but I keep wondering - how many people worldwide have died of 'flu or 'flu-related complications this year that haven't attracted the media's attention because it's just the average predicted outcome? Let's get excited about that for a few minutes: they do say "a change is as good as a rest."
(4)

I hear some SoCal cities are cancelling lunar new year celebrations this weekend due to the threat of the virus - should I be wearing a mask?
(1)

Found this online:

Super Bowl LIV
Feb 02, 2020
Hard Rock Stadium
Miami, FL

So, a website has leaked the top 18 commercials for the Superbowl. That will really be something to watch! See the "Typical American" ad by Budweiser!

Using criticisms towards Americans, it is very encouraging, when truth is demonstrated. You will have to see it.
(1)

I can't find the pets behaving badly thread,, so here I go.. My puppers Chloe ate an entire sweet baby pickle today!! She is a little food begger, and normally I let her sniff the nasty stuff, like onions.. then she goes away. So I was making deviled eggs, she was up my leg.. so I held a pickle down for her to sniff,, and just like that it was GONE ! Off she went, hubs and I were amazed and laughing, trying to get it back.. nope.. down the hatch it went in several bites.. That was the family laugh for today..
And I had a mamogram today, it got lost in the shuffle of moms hospital stay and my dental work.. my ladies are fine in case you were wondering.. LOL
(5)

MsMadge,
So very sorry you feel lost.
In keeping with the original spirit and intention of this thread:

Can you still find your way to an In N OUT burger place?
(2)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter