Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
Innocent, use your attorney, most of us here ate not able to interpret the law.
(1)

Your lawyer is there to explain what is going on and to advise you. Tell your lawyer the truth without any embellishments.
(1)

This just got blown way outta hand
(0)

The public defender may not have time
(0)

Right Georgia on elder abuse original and simplified:

Authored By: Atlanta Legal Aid Society Inc LSC Funded Information

Elder abuse is a term referring to any knowing, intentional, or negligent act by a caregiver or any other person that causes harm or a serious risk of harm to a vulnerable adult. Under Georgia law, abuse may be:

·Physical Abuse - Inflicting, or threatening to inflict, physical pain or injury on a vulnerable elder,depriving them of a basic need, or non-consensual sexual contact of any kind.

·Emotional Abuse - Inflicting mental pain, anguish, or distress on an elder through verbal or nonverbal acts.

·Neglect - Failing to provide essential services that results in harm or threatens to harm elders.

·Financial Exploitation - The illegal or improper use of an elder's resources for another's profit or gain.

IN SIMPLE TERMS

If you harm and elderly person or put them in danger then you could be accused and charge with abuse

If you actually hurt or threaten to hurt or do something to them they have not said yes to then you could be accused and charged with abuse

If you dont give them something they may need (like giving them their walking frame when they need it) then you could be accused and charged with abuse

If you have sex with an elderly person that they have not agreed to you certainly will be accused and charged with abuse

If you threaten someone with harm even if you dont touch them or you shout at them in a way that makes them worried or scared then you could be accused and charged with abuse

If you dont feed them properly and regularly and help them feed themselves or feed them in a way that they can eat without choking then you could be accused and charged with abuse (ooften happens in very large institutions where the food is brought on a tray , the person cant feed themselves and none come to feed them and then the tray is taken away, untouched. The same would apply to drinks.

If you use the elderly person's money without their consent (or the consent of the POA) to but asomething for yourself or someone else even if this was only a bag of sweets or your bus fare then you could be charged with financial abuse

So there ya go that what georgia Law says and that is about as simple as I can make it. BUT when you make things simple as I just did then it doesn't cover everything the law does so as we have all said before TALK TO YOUR LAWYER
(0)

What judge wont give me time
(0)

I give up innocent - I have tried to explain things to you. If you dont understand then you have to go to your doctor and tell hime/her that they are all talking to you and you dont understand. you may need to have someone withyou to support you and that may need to be a nursing professional by the sounds of it. Bipolarity can make it difficult for you to listen and hear what people are telling you. ASK YOUR LAWYER - We cannot help you in this matter
(0)

Fine
(0)

I didnt finish yhe post but fine
(0)

How would we know "what judge won't give you time"? We've only heard your (several) versions of the story.

Im not sure what your lawyer doesn't have time to do? Explain this to you over and over? Take the advice of your lawyer and your psychiatrist. Get on meds, get therapy and find a different line of work. You don't sound as though you are tempermentally suited to caregiving.
(1)

I agree
(0)

What I meant was I wont get outta this withoyt time
(0)

Innocent2, you either will or you won't end up with jail time. And yes, living with uncertainty about the future sucks. I try to cultivate faith and equanimity, and firmly and deeply believe in trusting God with my future. But I am going to confess something - last Thursday, we were told we had an emergency meeting yesterday in the afternoon after clinic and it was likely to be bad news...it was HARD to just wait for it through the weekend, and the nature of the issue was not forthcoming even though I pointed out it was stressful not to know. I was told only it was nothing I had done wrong personally, which was my deepest fear. SO I fully, fully understand your wishing someone could reassure you there will be no consequences for you. As I all too often pray for myself, that somehow God will make it OK when I am running late or have failed to do something else I probably ought to have done, I will pray for at least that much mercy for you as well. I will ask you to believe that fear is not the answer and that whenever one door becomes closed to you, a new one will be opened so that you can go on to live a better life than you have now.

You will not know until your day in court and your public defender is required by law to make the time for your defense.
(0)

Thank you I probably should stop reading what I find on the net each cash is different.
(1)

Case
(0)

Yes. Stop reading horror stories on the net and talk to your lawyer and your doctor.
(0)

Innocent I am checking in on you. I hope you are well. I feel if you lost your cool and did yell at this old woman and it was recorded. The judge will hear what you were responding to. This is your first offense and you won't get any time. Get with your Dr. and let him know so you can get into a program and the judge can also agree on some type of program as well to. I wish you the best of luck.
(1)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter