Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
It happened at the end of feb she reportedapr 1
(0)

Three days ago you said she recently fell. Now you are saying it's been almost a month.

If in all this time, nothing more has been done, then you are over reacting and probably not being a good caregiver in the process. I would want my mother's caregiver to be calm and collected. Perhaps you should look for another line of work. You may not be cut out for this after all.

An investigation is just that. An investigation. If you are indeed innocent as you so loudly and often protest, then you have nothing to worry about. My mom fell and hit her head on the nightstand with me standing just a couple of feet away. We took her to the ER where they sewed up the cut over her eye (which turned a lovely shade of blacks and purples) did a CT scan to check for internal injuries and sent us home. There was no APS involvement or sheriff's investigation. FALLS HAPPEN.

Not much else you can do in the meantime, but just take care of your charge in the best way you can. Don't let your worrying affect your job. If you're innocent, you have nothing to worry about.
(0)

The APS lady is refusing to talk to thr daughter now it's been almost a month since the fall. Why did the police leave her in my care if I'm this big of a threat? How long until I know something it's sucking the life out of me.
(0)

Not by the cops yet but im pretty sure they already think i did it
(0)

Dod you get interviewed?
(0)

Hey ya'll talk to me 9
(0)

I did get a lawyer that said dont talk to them without him.
(0)

Evvery day that goes by and they don't call me to the station or present a warrant is good right.
(0)

They are doing an investigation. You haven't been charged with anything, have you? Until someone formally charges you, you haven't been notified that you are suspected of something. Tell the truth, don't take offence, don't be defensive. Answer the questions but don't add stuff. You're not going to jail.
(1)

do they have a caselo
(0)

they need to investigate more
(0)

the other girl got fired two days before reporting how can I make them believe I didn't do it with her accusations
(0)

Why do they need to take me to the station and interrogate me
(1)

I think that you need to understand something about safeguarding vulnerable adults. If the polise/sherriff/professionals did not investigate a black eye and it was later found to be abuse then there would be h*ll to pay. Accidents do happen and even the very best carers have to leave their charges sometimes (if only to go to the toilet themselves). Many eople with dementia and deafness can learn sign signals that prevent the need to shout but eventually even that becomes impossible. Relax a little and wait until you know whatis happening. As this was an accident then it will be proven to be so and then the investigation will stop. If there has been a succession of unreported incidents then they will investigate more thoroughly as we would expect them to. When there are multiple carers it has to be shown and evidenced that one carer is responsible for causing the incidents through neglignece (or in some cases violation). This is important as it is only through good record keeping that you can pinpoint what is going wrong.
They are in fact acting in your best interests as you willl then have proof if ever it is needed that you are indeed innocent, In addition it will also mean that if she is throwing herself down (mum used to do this a lot to gain attention) then they can enlist the help of professional to assess her furtehr needs. I do hope that brings you some comfort xx
(2)

She took 45 dollars.
(0)

Just looking for hope that I won't be arrested. What do you honestly think and should I talk to a lawyer?
(0)

Bottom line is my life over and this birthplace cop is gonna press charges can the family decide against charges.

Well the black eye happened because when I went to leave her shoes with her she grabbed the door stumbled and fell for the door stumbled and fell got a black eye they are having a hard time believing that but the family backs me up.

In your opinion does it sound like a prosecutor would do it?
(0)

A black eye doesn't prove anything other than she had a black eye which can happen numerous ways. If you had a record that would be troubling. They would never be able to prove that you, or anyone else, caused it. Rudeness alone will not get you jail time.
(0)

Yes she says she saw me be rude and apparently that can get you jail time.
(0)

What about the blackeye? and further QUESTIONING
(0)

Your word against other caregiver?
(0)

Then relax. It would be nearly impossible to prove especially since the woman has a history of falling. There would have to be formal charges brought by the family or APS for an arrest. Since the family wants to keep you, and APS is not in a hurry to have either you or her removed from the home, then they are not too terribly concerned. They may want to talk to you about how to protect yourself.
(0)

Yes nothing showed.

it's my word against hers.
(0)

I don't know exactly what she said family knows all.
(0)

Do you have a record? If so, legal counsel is a very good idea. Did the family perform a background check before hiring you?
(0)

I don't know all the accusations.

Not at all I don't have a record at all.
(1)

Tell the truth. Do you have a criminal record for anything like this?
(1)

Do you think I'll go to jail? I don't know what to say.
(0)

Family doesn't know about allegations of rudeness yelling, etc?
(0)

It is possible. If she waa taking money and there is some sort of proof of that she has plenty to worry about.
(0)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter