Follow

"You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."
~ Epicurus

"Misfortune can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a new lease on life -- more meaning than you thought possible in simple things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward."
~ Christopher Reeve

"Overcoming adversity can become a habit, just as running from adversity can become a habit. Look around you and see if you don't notice people who seem to fall into one of these two categories. Some people seem to thrive on adversity. They love a challenge, they almost look forward to problems, and when adversity hits, they throw themselves into finding the "fix". Other people seem to run from problems almost out of reflex. Habits can work for you or against you, so make overcoming adversity a habit, and it will work for you."
~ Edward W. Smith

"I will have faith that, though I might not understand why adversity happens, by my conscious choice I can find strength, compassion, and grace through my trials."
~ Joe Tye

"We don't grow courageous by leading a life of ease. Rather, we become warriors by overcoming adversity, licking our wounds, and moving forward."
~ Chuck Gallozz

"Within each storm of life is hidden a key that will unlock another door that you were meant to walk through."
~ Steve Brunkhorst

"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it."
~ Epicurus

"He that has never suffered extreme adversity knows not the full extent of his own depravation."
~ Charles Caleb Colton

"If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that every experience develops some latent force within you, you will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your circumstances may seem to be."
~ John Heywood

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience, and we soon shall see them in their proper figures."
~ Joseph Addison

"Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time, but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way."
~ Bernie S. Siegel

"It is only after an unknown number of unrecorded labors, after a host of noble hearts have succumbed in discouragement, convinced that their cause is lost; it is only then that cause triumphs."
~ Madame Guizot

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
When it gets dark enough you can see the stars.
~ Lee Salk

" Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be."
~ Charles "Tremendous" Jones

I needed these today as I do many days. They remind me that I'm on the right path. Hope they inspire and bring peace to some of you!! LOVE RULES

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I screwed the first post, and the whole poem didn't show! Oh well... kinda goes with my theme lately. It's called "Murphy's Law""!!!
(0)

Adversity is given to the strong, not the weak. We have been given a great gift from the Universe. It may seem like a gift wrapped box of @#$% many days, but it is actually an opportunity to grow spiritually. When we come out the other side of this we will be forever changed. We will have strength, compassion and insight the likes of which others can only imagine. Remember this on those days when you feel all used up, and hopeless. Also find comfort and pride that no matter how much they and others may lash out or seem mean you are in fact giving love, compant, comfort and security to your parents in their last days. You are all full of love and generosity for providing this for them. LOVE TO ALL
(1)

it's so positive I will copy and paste over to the caregivers affirmations as well, ty.
(0)

Love it! Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom!
(0)

thanks for posting this....my appreciated :)
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter