Follow

BOOKLUVR!
She has been caring for one parent or the other for TWENTY years now with patience, determination and grace. She lost her Mom to dementia a couple of years ago. Now her dad is slipping into the throes of dementia and she is determined to see it through.

Nice going, Book!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Gladimhere is a special caregiver who has for a very long time supported others on here. She is the caregiver of the day, imo.

It is not a contest, and anyone can give a special recognition to someone they appreciate, everyday, on this thread or in between the whines is great too!
(1)

OKAY! The real OSCARS are here, tonight! (On T.V.)
If I could, I would give OSCARS to each of my cyber-real caregiving friends!
And the CAREGIVER OF THE DAY IS . . . .
(1)

Pam, you got it! Short subject it is, from now on.
(2)

Awww thanks! I was just hoping for "short subject" LOL
(1)

Pamstegma!
Best writing - adapted screenplay for a tragedy.
(2)

The Cap is great and deserves this honor. I am happy to hear he is posting again!!'
(1)

Like the Oscars or Emmys, we should have categories. So I nominate Captain for the Best Supporting Role in a Situation Comedy.
Best Documentary in a Legal Drama: Igloo
Best Supporting Actress: Oregon Girl
Who else?
(2)

Captain
You still get the caregiver of the day award, and if you had got drunk and stood up (however shaky) at the oscars 50% would have lauded your praises!
However, we are all guests here on the AC forum, subject to their rules and etiquette. We don't get to act out and have insane free speech! I take the blame for encouraging you and being welcoming to you. Now, go get some help for yourself and stop hurting my stressed-out caregiving friends.
Detaching with love, the award for the meanest old b@turd goes to the CAPTAIN!
Don't drink and dial...(or post on AC)!
(3)

C A P T A I N ! ! !
It is a really great testimony to a person if after they have been away from AC for a long time that people still ask about him, and miss him! Good on ya, Captain.
(3)

C W I L L I E !!
Completed a 5 k in memory of B r o t h e r!!!
Yes, that is a yay moment!
(1)

Every caregiver is a caregiver of the day! I know I cannot name all of them, all of you. So, I will visit here, just talk about a few things that have touched my heart, and today, read a story about a flying squirrel, rehabbed and released into the wild. Shed a tear, it was such a sweet story amid all the daily struggles. Reminds me that there is truly life happening out there, taking a break really can help!
(0)

I agree that ALL of you have helped everyone here! Thank you for all you do and give yourselves some respect and love that you deserve! I also couldn't pick one over the other, too many to name anyways!
(0)

Shaddy, the recovery is quite a task as well. I am finding that out. While my Mom is still alive, three months ago she was moved to memory care. The people here have been through that, what do you want to call it, withdrawal? It is a process trying to reclaim my life! Great to see you! Welcome back!
(1)

I left when my Mom died. Didn't see the need in staying here, deleted my account, but never forgot the site. Would come in often to read and never posted, why? My Mom was gone. Then one day I realized I still needed people on here. That need didn't go away.....so I rejoined and poured out my heart and soul. Sure enough, here came the reinforcements when I needed them. You all are heroes. You are deserve awards. No one knows what to expect during our journeys and just when we think we are alone in this......lookout, here 'come the Caregivers of daily living.....with the advise and wisdom of BEEN THERE, DONE THAT......Now I can say that too. Been there, done that and Lived to talk about it. It is a wonderful support and a heck of a lot of nice and caring people. Hats off to each one of you!
(5)

JEANNEGIBBS
She's over there on the 'What's for Dinner?" thread, giving caregivers ideas for great meals! Truly appreciated. She bakes cakes too!
(3)

Definitely Bookluvr!!!
(1)

T H A N K Y O U C A R E G I V E R S, one and all.
(1)

EMJO
Don't know her very well, but caregiving and supporting her caregiver friends in the face of great personal and medical challenges.
(0)

COUNTRYMOUSE
For so many funny posts, mixed with the best of intelligent wisdom and kindness.
(1)

ASSANDACHE
We are truly all in this together, and so you are!
And so are you!
(0)

CWILLIE
Being appreciated over and over, the gift that just keeps on giving.
(0)

GARDEN ARTIST
Just one of many caregivers mentioned!
(0)

SendMe, thanks for the very much appreciated compliments, but I think I'm just one of many in the categories you mentioned! Still, I'm beaming!
(3)

FREGFLYER
GARDEN ARTIST
First ones there on a thread to post the most expert advice or to clarify a question, amazing how these two people are so supportive of others. And are very interestin too.
(3)

VERONICA
She is always spot on, right there when needed with the best medical advice; understanding, asks the OP the right questions to get to the heart of the matter.
Veronica, you are so very much a part of the caregiving community. Would not be surprised if AC asked you to be a consultant.
Thanks for being so good to others! You are cared about and so very appreciated!
(4)

So sorry to have to announce to ASSANDACHE that everyone is changing their avatar, and that hope has stolen the donkey.
(0)

Wow, I just saw this thread! And we did have another man on here.. but Captian seems to have gone AWOL. Maybe not politically correct but always iinteresting
(2)

GLASSHALFFULL
You are doing a great job! Thanks! As well as supporting others.
Everyone else, give yourself a pat on the back, you too are doing a great job!
T H A N K S. ! ! !
(1)

That's correct, Jessebelle, thanks for answering!
(0)

Must be J turned F.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter