AND THE CAREGIVER OF THE DAY IS..... Often our tasks are unrecognized especially by those we love the most. Let's appreciate each other!

Follow

BOOKLUVR!
She has been caring for one parent or the other for TWENTY years now with patience, determination and grace. She lost her Mom to dementia a couple of years ago. Now her dad is slipping into the throes of dementia and she is determined to see it through.

Nice going, Book!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Gladimhere is a special caregiver who has for a very long time supported others on here. She is the caregiver of the day, imo.

It is not a contest, and anyone can give a special recognition to someone they appreciate, everyday, on this thread or in between the whines is great too!
(1)

OKAY! The real OSCARS are here, tonight! (On T.V.)
If I could, I would give OSCARS to each of my cyber-real caregiving friends!
And the CAREGIVER OF THE DAY IS . . . .
(1)

Pam, you got it! Short subject it is, from now on.
(2)

Awww thanks! I was just hoping for "short subject" LOL
(1)

Pamstegma!
Best writing - adapted screenplay for a tragedy.
(2)

The Cap is great and deserves this honor. I am happy to hear he is posting again!!'
(1)

Like the Oscars or Emmys, we should have categories. So I nominate Captain for the Best Supporting Role in a Situation Comedy.
Best Documentary in a Legal Drama: Igloo
Best Supporting Actress: Oregon Girl
Who else?
(2)

Captain
You still get the caregiver of the day award, and if you had got drunk and stood up (however shaky) at the oscars 50% would have lauded your praises!
However, we are all guests here on the AC forum, subject to their rules and etiquette. We don't get to act out and have insane free speech! I take the blame for encouraging you and being welcoming to you. Now, go get some help for yourself and stop hurting my stressed-out caregiving friends.
Detaching with love, the award for the meanest old b@turd goes to the CAPTAIN!
Don't drink and dial...(or post on AC)!
(3)

C A P T A I N ! ! !
It is a really great testimony to a person if after they have been away from AC for a long time that people still ask about him, and miss him! Good on ya, Captain.
(3)

C W I L L I E !!
Completed a 5 k in memory of B r o t h e r!!!
Yes, that is a yay moment!
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions